Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: IS Kawahi really Top 5?

Well.

This season will prove it once and for all.

If I'm right?

Kawahi will be in the 21 PPG range once more, +-1 give or take, won't be in the MVP discussion this year if the spurs don't win 60 +.

If I'm wrong,

Kawahi will likely bump his scoring, passing and is once more a second runner or perhaps even hoists the MVP. But I think this is his make or break year, after two years of playoff faillures, and one full year as the Alpha, it is time for him to show if he is cut out for it or not.

lol its not make or break....the dudes gotten better literally every season in a team orientated team.

Plus he has the awards to back himself up.

Oh yeah, and hes only just 25.

I get what ya saying, but you're going a bit far tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    lol its not make or break....the dudes gotten better literally every season in a team orientated team.

Plus he has the awards to back himself up.

Oh yeah, and hes only just 25.

I get what ya saying, but you're going a bit far tbh
    I just don't think people make 'Leaps' after 26.
    I think that by that age we -know- what we're getting.

But yeah, I love Kawahi. I think he's top tier. Just not top 5. But I'm more then willing to eat my words if he get San antonio out of that playoff slump/wins MVP

He's scottie pippen.

Spurs need a Jordan/Kobe type of player and they have a dynasty

Don't know what you guys are looking for in a top 5 player but Leonard has played very well in 2 most pressure packed series - guarding Lebron both times and ending up with a FMVP. 2 DPOY awards and a very good regular season this past year. The most you could say is that he hasn't carried the Spurs for multiple seasons, but that's because it's the Spurs (they spread the minutes/scoring around) and Pop bringing him along so slowly - only 33.1 mins/game and 31.8 min the past 2 years - not enough minutes for a 23-24 year old.

For all you naysayers - please post the 5 players better than Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Don't know what you guys are looking for in a top 5 player but Leonard has played very well in 2 most pressure packed series - guarding Lebron both times and ending up with a FMVP. 2 DPOY awards and a very good regular season this past year. The most you could say is that he hasn't carried the Spurs for multiple seasons, but that's because it's the Spurs and Pop bringing him along so slowly - only 33.1 mins/game and 31.8 min the past 2 years - not enough minutes for a 23-24 year old.

For all you naysayers - please post the 5 players better than Leonard.
    You know, we actually had alot of discussions about Superstars lately in this forum. In most of them, when pressed to bring out the Superstars in the league, Kawahi was one of the names that came to mind.

I still think it's only going to be next season where he Cement himself as a true superstar in this league (Top 5). Achivement wise? Yeah, definetly. FMVP, DPOY and what not.

But I still think that pound for pound you can find 5 better players RIGHT NOW.

I'd still take :
    Curry, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook and CP3 before picking him.

I'm taking Leonard over Westbrook without hesitation. He's an elite wing defender. Better shooter. Better post player. And he's two years younger. I like Westbrook, but his raw statistics lead to him being vastly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    You know, we actually had alot of discussions about Superstars lately in this forum. In most of them, when pressed to bring out the Superstars in the league, Kawahi was one of the names that came to mind.

I still think it's only going to be next season where he Cement himself as a true superstar in this league (Top 5). Achivement wise? Yeah, definetly. FMVP, DPOY and what not.

But I still think that pound for pound you can find 5 better players RIGHT NOW.

I'd still take :
    Curry, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook and CP3 before picking him.
    Superstar is different from top 5 player. That's just recognition - not impact. And of course, Leonard's far from a superstar - he plays in SA and he's super quiet. I'd take Leonard over Westbrooke for all the reasons breason stated.
    Last edited by rmt; 09-08-2016 at 06:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

No. Lebron, Durant, Curry, CP3, Westbrook.

Banned

In my book, he is top 3. He is one of the best midrange and long distance shooters in the league, and he is the best defender in the league. His defense is game changing. He is the Tim Duncan of small forwards and his greatness often goes underappreciated.

Lebron
    Curry
    Kawhi

in no order.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    He's scottie pippen.

Spurs need a Jordan/Kobe type of player and they have a dynasty
    He's Scottie Pippen with elite shooting.

In other words, he's better than Pippen. When is the last time Scottie Pippen won a finals MVP?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So much of his points come off of assists from other teammates. He can't create his own offense on a level like CP3, Harden, or Westbrook. His low assists per game also points to this.

He's a great defender obviously though.

Overall, he's around top 6-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    He's Scottie Pippen with elite shooting.

In other words, he's better than Pippen. When is the last time Scottie Pippen won a finals MVP?
    Why do you idiots compare a guy with mediocre playmaking skills to a guy who is essentially a 6-7 pg? Leonard's ball handling is also atrocious compared to Pippens. Better than Pippen? **** out of here with that nonsense. Not only that, but their games as far as SCORING ARE NOTHING ALIKE:

Show me Kawhi doing something close to that
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-08-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why do you idiots compare a guy with mediocre playmaking skills to a guy who is essentially a 6-7 pg? Leonard's ball handling is also atrocious compared to Pippens. Better than Pippen? **** out of here with that nonsense. Not only that, but there games as far as SCORING ARE NOTHING ALIKE:

Show me Kawhi doing something close to that
    Kawhi's elite shooting (he is one of the best distance and midrange shooters in the entire league) and clutchness make him a much better player than Pippen.

Do you forget how Pippen always used to choke and meltdown in clutchtime and Jordan had to always bail out the team?

If you take Scottie Pippen, take away his playmaking and handles, but give him clutchness and elite shooting and scoring, that's Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Kawhi's elite shooting (he is one of the best distance and midrange shooters in the entire league) and clutchness make him a much better player than Pippen.

Do you forget how Pippen always used to choke and meltdown in clutchtime and Jordan had to always bail out the team?

If you take Scottie Pippen, take away his playmaking and handles, but give him clutchness and elite shooting and scoring, that's Kawhi.
    Now he's a MUCH BETTER player than Pippen? You know nothing about basketball and you never have...I'm done with this discussion...I'm certainly not going to get into a debate with ****ing nick young.