Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Miami Heat 2016 speculation.

Lottery bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    I can't quote what you quoted saying previously but youre delusional if you believe what you're saying.

Wade won Miami at least 8-10 games last season on production in the 4th quarter and being able to take over down the stretch and make huge shots. Same in the playoffs in game 5 vs Charlotte and all 3 Miami wins versus Toronto. Single handidly kept them in the game in the game 3 loss vs Toronto.

Miami looked like a chicken with its head cut off every game down the stretch unless Wade had the ball in his hands. He was also far from a defensive liability.

Goran Dragic is a disaster. Aside from fast breaks hes horrendous in the half court. Can't break down defenses and cannot beat his player off the dribble to save his life. Decent jumpshooter not worth the contract.
    Whiteside is in no way/shape/form offensively on a level to carry an offense yet. Hes arguably the worst passer in the league and refuses to pass out of the post. He was spoonfed buckets by Wade all last season. Not to mention he can't guard skilled big men 1v1. He needs another 2 seasons to develop offensively. At least.

Unless Bosh plays and produces at Toronto Bosh level, this team will not be capable to hang with most teams offensively. Youre banking on Dragic and Whiteside to carry an offense surrounded by young developing 2nd year players. Winslow will probably still be a shade under 10ppg with great defense, and I assume Josh Richardson and T-Johnson will be around 7-11 PPG themselves. Dion Waiters and Derrick Williams are horrendous, and Udonis can't play at a decent level anymore.
    Best bet is hope Bosh doesn't play till February so they can release his contract, try to trade Dragic for youth/picks, let our young players develop, and tank for draft picks. This team (unless Bosh plays great if he plays, and the youth all have great seasons) won't sniff 40 wins, never mind 45, get real my friend.

We really need Bosh back and a good SF.

Also, judging by Whiteside's injury history, he won't last the entire season, if the Heat try to do a run and gun offense.

Saw a basketball once

If they recover Bosh and everything goes ok (not a lot of injuries etc) for them through the season, I

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

We really need Bosh back and a good SF.

Also, judging by Whiteside's injury history, he won't last the entire season, if the Heat try to do a run and gun offense.
    No, probably not. The toll on his body will be tremendous as now hes expected to run and gun more, anchor the defense, and be the primary option on offense. Not to mention he will be getting an increase in minutes.

People also seem to forget we lost two veterans in Deng and Johnson. Deng was a good defender smart veteran could space the floor. JJ could create his own shot and playmake occasionally. We replaced them with nobody.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bosh was healthy and Riley refuses to play him just to get out of the contract. But I hope he plays and is the number 1 option offensively.
    As far as small forward youre correct. Winslow is not a 35 MPG guy yet. Hes 20 years old needs to be mentored at that position longer.
    Im all for letting our young guys develop and letting Whiteside run the show. As long as we unload that bum Dragic and completely go into the rebuilding picking up young players as we go. But no way in hell will Miami be a 45 win team.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Too many scrubbish Johnsons, Richardsons, and Williams we do not know of

High School Starter

This guy G-Train really thinks Wade was a detriment to the team last season? What games were you watching? Outside of Wade no one else on the team can create their own shot or create shots for others on a consistent basis. If you truly think Whiteside is going to be our offensive anchor you're in for a rude awakening. We're going to suck this season, just embrace it. No need to make outlandish 45 win predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    This guy G-Train really thinks Wade was a detriment to the team last season? What games were you watching? Outside of Wade no one else on the team can create their own shot or create shots for others on a consistent basis. If you truly think Whiteside is going to be our offensive anchor you're in for a rude awakening. We're going to suck this season, just embrace it. No need to make outlandish 45 win predictions.
    I don't know how anyone could call Wade a detriment to the team last season. His 4th quarter production and late game clutch play was the difference between the Heat being the 3rd seed and being in the lottery. He was also brilliant for the majority of the playoffs. Overall, last season was one of the most underrated of Wade's career.

I don't think we're going to suck this season, but a lot of that depends on how the young guys develop. We should be very solid defensively, which will keep us competetive in most games. Defense needs to be our identity. I think we'll struggle in the half court, struggle to close, and we'll be prone to extended dry spells if we don't get out in transition. We are seriously lacking a proven scorer (assuming Bosh is out) and that could be difficult to overcome.

NBA rookie of the year

Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson, and Tyler Johnson are all young studs. This post Wade Heat team will absolutely be a surprise much like the Blazers of last year. Whiteside is going to put up 2009 Dwight Numbers, and Dragic will have his best season with the Heat. If Bosh is somehow cleared to play, they will absolutely be in playoff contention. They will be even if Bosh isn't cleared. This team will be athletic, fun to watch, and will play real DEFENSE!

Remember this post
    Last edited by PJR; 08-01-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson, and Tyler Johnson are all young studs. This post Wade Heat team will absolutely be a surprise much like the Blazers of last year. Whiteside is going to put up 2009 Dwight Numbers, and Dragic will have his best season with the Heat. If Bosh is somehow cleared to play, they will absolutely be in playoff contention. They will be even if Bosh isn't cleared. This team will be athletic, fun to watch, and will play real DEFENSE!

Remember this post
    I hope you're right, but I'm worried about their ability to score. They don't have a Damian Lillard and they're going to struggle to generate offense in the half court. As I mentioned before, without Bosh they don't have a proven scorer. With or without Bosh they don't have anyone who can consistently break down the defense and create for themselves and others. Who do we go to for tough buckets when we really need a score? Who will create off the dribble when defenses tighten up? Who will be our closer?

I agree about the defense though, and that absolutely MUST be their calling card for them to be competetive. I think they have a chance to be very good defensively. Winslow and J-Rich will be one of the better defensive wing tandems in the league and Whiteside should be a DPOY candidate. I expect all 3 of those guys to put in serious work on that end.

Bosh is obviously the wild card. People shouldn't be fooled by the Heat's success last season without him. If he is able to go it would be a tremendous boost on both ends. Aside from being a proven 20 ppg type scorer, he's an elite PnR defender. I think we're a playoff team with Bosh.

Also, to the poster who said TJ will be starting due to his salary, I sure as hell hope that's not the Heat's view. I like TJ as a player but I wasn't a huge fan of the Heat's decision to match Brooklyn's offer sheet. Regardless, the best player should be the starter. I think TJ will play more at the 1 than the 2. I expect J-Rich to be a full-time wing and most likely our starting SG.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 08-01-2016 at 08:11 PM.

I speculate that they will suck.