Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tonight starts a > 31-20 finish

Bargnani and JR coming back soon

Some type of trade in the next week

Don't worry, you don't have the pick @1 to get a 6-9 center. You can get that in the teens.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Tonight starts a > 31-20 finish

Nah, wont happen, this team stinks. I'd even bet they wont even win 3 games in a row this season.

You should pray for world peace too.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    You should pray for world peace too.
    You and your roommate rameek already canceled out my hopes for that w your Obama votes.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Nah, wont happen, this team stinks. I'd even bet they wont even win 3 games in a row this season.
    I'll take that bet. If the 3 best players on the team play a stretch of games together it will happen. This teams big 3 play 30+ games together I'll give you 5 to 1 odds. You pay 10 or 100, I'll do 50 or 500?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You and your roommate rameek already canceled out my hopes for that w your Obama votes.
    So I waited for your response to why you like the Knicks... and I see you avoided replying. At least myself and said roomate are real fans, not some knucklehead foreigner who pulls politics into an NBA discussion.

I truly don't believe you are a fan. I think you're just bored and have no life. Get lost.

I'll take that bet. If the 3 best players on the team play a stretch of games together it will happen. This teams big 3 play 30+ games together I'll give you 5 to 1 odds. You pay 10 or 100, I'll do 50 or 500?
    Not gonna happen. This team doesnt even have a big 3.

Krust Kingz

The problem is in your statement is look at who you are claiming are the best 3 players says a lot. Bargs isn't anything. Jr has played this year and been bad. This isn't KD coming back. These are players who probably will be out the league or the end of a bench once their contracts are up.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    So I waited for your response to why you like the Knicks... and I see you avoided replying. At least myself and said roomate are real fans, not some knucklehead foreigner who pulls politics into an NBA discussion.

I truly don't believe you are a fan. I think you're just bored and have no life. Get lost.
    I shouldn't have brought politics in, the "you are owed something" liberal mindset just bothers me on here and it's what is ruining this country. You taking shots at me is deserved, but not something that bothers me. I hope you have half the life that I do, having a beautiful wife and kids and making money everyday isn't terrible. I hope you have any or all of those things in common w me. but yeah I do ish out of boredom. Don't we all?

I haven't been a life long knick fan, but in some ways I'm a much bigger fan of this team than you are. I am a fan of the players, the gm/coach, and the direction they're trying to go. I want to see Carmelo and Jr have success and win.

Time will continue to prove me right and will see your stance continue to change. I know it hurts feelings when I question the whole superstars begging their way over just because of capspace. May take a year from now or at least next offseason before we know if trading amare could have netted as much or more as free agency does. You all prob already see I was closer to right on thj by saying trade him before the season than the idea that he is a future star.

Every group of people has a right to believe what they want, even as a group, and even if it's delusional. So truing to beat into you that NY is not a place most people in this country would want to go is rude. People love where they're from and think it's great whether you're from New Mexico or the east coast.

I always hope to see authentic thought, and want everybody to enjoy the season. Obviously when the team you are following is losing all the time it makes things less fun. The saddest part is it will get better when the teams 3 best players are all playing- and improvement will bother many here. The idea of tanking for a draft w no franchise players is a bad idea. The idea that the players are losing, "but keeping it close" on purpose is pretty sad if you believe that.

I hope for personal and professional success for all of you in the upcoming 2015. But I also hope for an improvement of the roster and on the floor for the Knicks starting now. I honestly had a strong feeling the Knicks would beat the kings the other night and that w jr and bargnani supposedly coming back soon that there is still a shot for the season to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    The problem is in your statement is look at who you are claiming are the best 3 players says a lot. Bargs isn't anything. Jr has played this year and been bad. This isn't KD coming back. These are players who probably will be out the league or the end of a bench once their contracts are up.
    How does the argument that they aren't as good as Durant mean anything? The reality is they are still the 3 best players you do have. That will be proven right throughout the season if they become/stay healthy.

Shumpert pre injury was one of the few bright spots. IMO clearly the 4th best player on the roster w how hard Calderon has fallen

Krust Kingz

How does the argument that they aren't as good as Durant mean anything? The reality is they are still the 3 best players you do have. That will be proven right throughout the season if they become/stay healthy.

Shumpert pre injury was one of the few bright spots. IMO clearly the 4th best player on the roster w how hard Calderon has fallen
    Is English your 3rd or 4th language. You're working my nerves with your stupidity.

I never compared them to Durant. I said the problem in itself is that you are claiming that JR and Bargs are your best players. These guys are not going to start on any other team in the league and they will probably be out the league or at the end of someone elses bench when their contracts are up. You act like Bargs and JR coming back is like KD coming back to a team. That isnt the case. The team had JR and still only won a handful of games. Bargs coming back does nothing for the team like Caldy coming back has done nothing for the team. IF you had this complete roster healthy wont do anything for this team.

Shumpert played like an NBA player for all of what 10 games at the beginning of the season and then went back to his 6pt 4rb crap for the next 15.

At this point of the season if they dont have 20 wins at least they should just mail it in.

I shouldn't have brought politics in, the "you are owed something" liberal mindset just bothers me on here and it's what is ruining this country. You taking shots at me is deserved, but not something that bothers me. I hope you have half the life that I do, having a beautiful wife and kids and making money everyday isn't terrible. I hope you have any or all of those things in common w me. but yeah I do ish out of boredom. Don't we all?

I haven't been a life long knick fan, but in some ways I'm a much bigger fan of this team than you are. I am a fan of the players, the gm/coach, and the direction they're trying to go. I want to see Carmelo and Jr have success and win.

Time will continue to prove me right and will see your stance continue to change. I know it hurts feelings when I question the whole superstars begging their way over just because of capspace. May take a year from now or at least next offseason before we know if trading amare could have netted as much or more as free agency does. You all prob already see I was closer to right on thj by saying trade him before the season than the idea that he is a future star.

Every group of people has a right to believe what they want, even as a group, and even if it's delusional. So truing to beat into you that NY is not a place most people in this country would want to go is rude. People love where they're from and think it's great whether you're from New Mexico or the east coast.

I always hope to see authentic thought, and want everybody to enjoy the season. Obviously when the team you are following is losing all the time it makes things less fun. The saddest part is it will get better when the teams 3 best players are all playing- and improvement will bother many here. The idea of tanking for a draft w no franchise players is a bad idea. The idea that the players are losing, "but keeping it close" on purpose is pretty sad if you believe that.

I hope for personal and professional success for all of you in the upcoming 2015. But I also hope for an improvement of the roster and on the floor for the Knicks starting now. I honestly had a strong feeling the Knicks would beat the kings the other night and that w jr and bargnani supposedly coming back soon that there is still a shot for the season to turn around.
    A few points:

First, I'm 49 years old, have a very beautiful Jamaican wife and two outstanding children. I also own my own business. Life is good to me. Yes, you should keep political comments to yourself, regardless of whether I like Mr. Obama or not (and I don't. I respect his position tho-).

Secondly, I certainly hope you don't think you're hurting my feelings when I respond to your posts incredulously. I've been a fan of this team since 1973 - can you boast that? I've seen it all in NY. And one thing I can tell you is this franchise has never broken it down and started completely over. It's about time, and I feel we have the right men for the job.

These favorite players of yours - Amare, Barganani, J.R. Smith - they are NOT players Phil Jackson would want to keep around. None of them defend well (or defend at all). They are slightly mentally unstable (Amare punching out fire extinguishers, Smith's ghastly decision-making with the ball, Bargnani's look of "Where am I?" when he has the ball, and his inability to hide a 7' frame when getting back on defense). PJ wants a system with intelligent players who won't get rattled when a whistle is blown, and know what to do with the ball besides gunning.

Here is my take, plain and simple: as we are losing at least half of this squad come next season, I would rather lose ALL of the remaining games and get a top 3 pick than be halfway competitive and make the playoffs for NO reason. Free agency is more lucrative in 2016 than 2015, and we should have a much better and attractive product on the floor by then. We have no pick for 2016; I say tank now and get the kid. I don't believe you have a crystal ball to tell us there's no good prospects in the upcoming draft.

So it is what it is. You will continue to baffle us with your trade prospects and prod us with your un-ending certainty that everything will be as you say. Expect rebuttle and debates, as this is what makes ISH tick. And for the record, I don't come here because I'm bored - I come here because I love the sport, I love going at imbeciles who troll my team and I feel that there is a very small handful of people here who know what they're talking about and bring the latest news.
    Last edited by smoovegittar; 12-30-2014 at 06:20 PM.

This piece right here is all you had to say.

Basically you arent a fan of the team itself.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

This team suffers from a huge lack of talent. Not surprising when your two "Superstars" are often injured while one is maxing max money while one of them is playing like a role player(Amare). You just can't win with that liability.. You can't even blame guys like Aldrich, Acy, Larkin, Smith, etc, because they are forced upon to be starters and key players for the Knicks. I think they are okay role players but having these guys as #2, #3, etc, options is MADNESS. Few years back Melo, Amare, etc, were supposed to be those guys but FO though Amare was going to be healthy and the 20/10 player he was while Anthony was supposed to be the perennial superstar..

Knicks don't have anyone to blame but themselves for constantly neglecting with rebuilding through the draft and instead focusing on short term success. It's not like the team has ever had success and a 8th seed playoff appearance is a success for the Knicks... Only the Knicks.

Knicks need to salvage whatever value they can get from Amare, Calderon, JR, Barg, etc, on the trade block. I think some players like Aldrich, Acy, Smith, Larkin can be good role players for us. Look in the d-league and try to find some players that can help us in the future as well, might find a good role player.

Next season should be alot better if we can land a top 2 pick and have a healthy Anthony along with some FA's possibly.

its january, and this team looks to be going further down, not one inkling of improvement has been show thus far...

like knickballer said, we should trade all these old farts at the trade deadline and rack up some picks in this upcoming draft and lets these young guys play for us next year with all the energy they have rather these old farts coming in and complaining about this and that

there should be some teams looking to improve at the trade deadline, amare is the most valuable asset right now unless he decides to break down and has to get us a late first rounder somewhere

trade these farts and bring up our d-league guys to finish out the rest of the year..at least i would know for certain that we lost cause we dont have the talent, not we have the talent, but the players have gone full retard