Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Gillette preaching against "toxic masculinity"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Holy shit, you dudes triggered by a lame ass commercial are pretty pathetic.

I saw the ad on youtube, its stupid and it will backfire on them since they are essentially throwing shade at their customer base but it won't affect me one way of the other...honestly, people just like being fake outraged. For example, whatever happened to all the Trumptards who swore they won't watch the NFL anymore? Yup, they're watching again even though they know where black NFL players stand on the whole kneeling pseudo controversy.

Yup, fake outrage.
    Yet the sight of a red hat sends people spiraling?

There are several things wrong with this commercial. It's not just attacking masculinity. There are so many undertones. Like the black man saving the day. Suggesting only guys cyberbully. The comments Gillette deleted. I'm disgusted by it. But I'm not gonna start a rally and go screaming on the streets like Libs do when they get their feelings hurt. That's the difference. Non-libs look at it for a second. Get disgusted. Move on with life. Libs can't let things go....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Well I mean yeah if you actually read my post I clearly stated I’m tired of political agendas being rammed down my throat 24/7 regardless if I agree or not. And I don’t need my razor company trying to do my thinking for me about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with razors.

That stance has nothing to do with being masculine or not.

Unless your definiton of masculine is completely disregarding everything and everyone for your own benefit and not caring about anyone else’s activities literally ever. That’s not being masculine. That’s called narcissism. But I mean hey... clearly you’re in your late 30s/40s and definitely NOT your teens or early 20s considering that you just now found out about efiling your taxes within the past year or two. Nope... definitely not. “Good riddens!”
    I could give a shit less about what commercials they put out. To me, the biggest thing is:

1. Does the product work on not?
    2. Is it at the right price point?

I'm not going to just stop buying their razors because of some silly commercial that has nothing to do with their development division at P&G but rather some nut jobs in their PR/marketing division.

Also, I never claimed to have just found out about e-filing taxes. You have to pay attention. I've actually been using olt.com since 2000.

All that being said, there really is no reason for you to be getting triggered by this.
    Last edited by egokiller; 01-16-2019 at 12:59 PM.

NBA Legend

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]Well I mean yeah if you actually read my post I clearly stated [B]I

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    I could give a shit less about what commercials they put out. To me, the biggest thing is:

I'm not going to just stop buying their razors because of some silly commercial that has nothing to do with their development division at P&G but rather some nut jobs in their PR/marketing division.

Also, I never claimed to have just found out about e-filing taxes. You have to pay attention. I've actually been using olt.com since 2000.

All that being said, there really is no reason for you to be getting triggered by this.
    Of course youre not. This comes as a surprise to no one.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller

Would you buy a Lebron James shoe if it was the best fit for you at the right price point?

I didn't think so. Some people don't support things morally.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Yet the sight of a red hat sends people spiraling?

There are several things wrong with this commercial. It's not just attacking masculinity. There are so many undertones. Like the black man saving the day. Suggesting only guys cyberbully. The comments Gillette deleted. I'm disgusted by it. But I'm not gonna start a rally and go screaming on the streets like Libs do when they get their feelings hurt. That's the difference. Non-libs look at it for a second. Get disgusted. Move on with life. Libs can't let things go....

You have that Ben Simmons poster who def is not a lib being so triggered he said he won't buy Gillette products anymore, lmao

Trumpys swore off the NFL last year but are right at it again this season...both sides love getting outraged, don't tell me that most of the triggered snowflakes leaving comments in the Gillette ad aren't righties. The very fact you can't see that conservatives also get their jimmies all knotted up over unimportant shit just shows me how much of a biased partisan hack you are...me, I tend more left but yes I do see how many SJWs are unfortunately on my side of the political spectrum and it makes me cringe. I am far from a PC SJW you canuck beaner.

Someone on reddit really said pressuring a woman to have sex is rape

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

hmm...with this news it appears some market share may have opened up for blades...I wonder if anyone here is selling some cheap knockoffs

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    hmm...with this news it appears some market share may have opened up for blades...I wonder if anyone here is selling some cheap knockoffs

Someone is selling a good alternative, and in fact someone has already sold a few more in the last couple days.

What has someone else been doing with his time, capital and intellect (such as it is) lately?

Somethin tells me not much

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Harry's Razors new slogan "Hey, were just here to shave your face"

$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Unless you are triggered, if you were buying their products before this commercial, you’ll buy them afterwards.

The other option would be dollarshaveclub.com

who the hell would shave?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You have that Ben Simmons poster who def is not a lib being so triggered he said he won't buy Gillette products anymore, lmao

Trumpys swore off the NFL last year but are right at it again this season...both sides love getting outraged, don't tell me that most of the triggered snowflakes leaving comments in the Gillette ad aren't righties. The very fact you can't see that conservatives also get their jimmies all knotted up over unimportant shit just shows me how much of a biased partisan hack you are...me, I tend more left but yes I do see how many SJWs are unfortunately on my side of the political spectrum and it makes me cringe. I am far from a PC SJW you canuck beaner.
    It's nowhere near the level of those on the left dude...such a false equivalency. Conservatives aren't going out in protest marching the streets destroying shit like those on the left are. Conservatives weren't marching in the street and trying to block people from seeing Obama's inauguration. You got leftists/liberals literally causing destruction when a conservative comes to speak at a public university.

Conservatives also don't have as much power culturally as the left does. I mean, you say that your side does cringey shit but you got right along with it getting offended as a Mexican due to Trump. It's sad.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

I didn’t say I wouldn’t buy them anymore... I said I would think twice about it... before this I would never hesitate to buy their product based on anything other than price but now they’ve added another hesitation and I guarantee I’m not alone. The question for them is did they penetrate the collective consciousness enough to actually see an increase in sales and I very much doubt that.

To compare the outrage from the right to the left and insinuate that they’re equivalent is probably one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever read in my entire life.

I will say though, that swearing off the NFL is also one of the most empty promises ever. The NFL doesn’t have football competitors... Gillette does have razor competition. BUT NFL viewership is in decline but that doesn’t prove the protests are the reason.
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 01-17-2019 at 03:42 AM.