Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    If Portland or OKC were interested, they would have already talked with Odom. Odom's only option is to do a sign and trade and I haven't seen any realistic ideas so far.
    Have you heard of anyother team interested in L.O. than L.A.?

So do you really think the Lakers are bargaining against themselves. I'm sure that the Blazers and other teams have talked to L.O. but kept it quiet just like with what happens with trades.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    without odom

the lakers are still a top team in the west

but odom is key in order to win a championship next year

IMO

so the lakers better pull something off and resign odom

I agree, having someone that adds considerable depth and versatility, as Odom does places the Lakers just slightly above the other teams...

If they dont sign him, it will make it more a balanced playing field..

I don't think that the Lakers need Odom to repeat. With Odom they're clearly the favorites to win, without him they're about on the same level as the other contenders.
    well with odom gone the bench gets worse

and what if bynum goes down again or what if bynum plays like he did during the playoffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Mitch should wait and see if Odom still doesn't accept and try and do a S&T. Hinrich?

It wouldnt be the worst thing to happen.. the Lakers need something different at the pg postition.. and a big guard who can defend would be nice..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    well with odom gone the bench gets worse

and what if bynum goes down again or what if bynum plays like he did during the playoffs
    Well yeah that would take us out of the running, but the Celtics, Spurs, and Cavs all have key players that are at risk of getting injured.

Well yeah that would take us out of the running, but the Celtics, Spurs, and Cavs all have key players that are at risk of getting injured.
    but bynum specifaclly(only cuz how much hes been injured or plays inconsistent)

obviously injurys can happen at any time and destroy a teams chance at winning the title

if odom is gone bynum needs to pick it up alot

well that sucks, here's hoping this is just misinformation and not reality, we won't repeat without odom.

It amazes me sometimes how $1M can be a deal breaker in a winning team scenario.

For the organization... what's really $1M per year to a player you really need.
    And for the player.... consider what it will cost to buy a new house & relocate, and also the headache of learning a new system, adapting to new personalities, etc...

Local High School Star

I agree that it does put the Lakers at risk to rely on Bynum not getting injured. But say for the Spurs if Gin

Banned

I wonder, If things dont pan out with Odom.. will the Laker seek out an additional player? Or just roll with the current roster?

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    It amazes me sometimes how $1M can be a deal breaker in a winning team scenario.

And for the player.... consider what it will cost to buy a new house & relocate, and also the headache of learning a new system, adapting to new personalities, etc...
    Why should the Lakers pay 10 million/yr (20 mill with luxury tax) for a guy that will come off the bench? The Lakers are already loaded, this is like the icing on the cake, makes it sweeter but it's not the foundation.

Banned

Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I wonder, If things dont pan out with Odom.. will the Laker seek out an additional player? Or just roll with the current roster?

They'd HAVE to see another player, i dont see them without Odom or at least someone to fortify the bench being as strong as this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..
    Fully aware of that already. Still think $2-4M for a critical piece should be sacrificed.

It would have made more sense to just let Shannon's $2M go... and keep Odom, than Keep Shannon, and let Odom go because of a $2M discrepancy.

but its not 1 mill for odom. it really about 5 mill. that what odom is losing. maybe even 6 or 7. and like i said earlier why should he have to pay guys like vuachic or walton or shannon brown or bynum. cuz in essence thats what being asked to do. look at it this way. im sure we all work would you like it if your boss came to you and said we need you to take a little less money even thougfh overall your doing a good job, work extra hours do the dirty work etc. how would you feel? i believe he feel underappreciated.