Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Gordon Hayward is now a top 3 SF in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Whiteside has been dominating the boards since he stepped on the court. In fact this is Chris Bosh's worst rebound season per 36 ever. Dude completely changes that team whenever he's on the court.

And whiteside is a beast when he gets touches. I wouldnt call him a killer, but he scores really well for the amount of touches he gets.

Time will tell. Let's be real, GMs would take Gobert over Hayword any day.
    No they wouldn't. Hayward is a young elite two way SF. Gobert is a middle of the pack, hustle Center, like a longer Joakim Noah. He's not a skill center like a Gasol or Cousins who you build a franchise around.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    No they wouldn't. Hayward is a young elite two way SF. Gobert is a middle of the pack, hustle Center, like a longer Joakim Noah. He's not a skill center like a Gasol or Cousins who you build a franchise around.
    He's a game changer.

Banned

He's a game changer.
    Sure right now, but once teams focus on him his production will drop. Hayward has been the first option for a few years now-his production is legit and he's proven himself this season to be elite.

Sure right now, but once teams focus on him his production will drop. Hayward has been the first option for a few years now-his production is legit and he's proven himself this season to be elite.
    Focus on what? All he does is rebound and defend. Nothing to focus in on. Unless he's Hakeem on the block and I just dont know it.

Banned

Focus on what? All he does is rebound and defend. Nothing to focus in on. Unless he's Hakeem on the block and just hasnt shown it.
    Keeping him off the glass and involving him in pick and rolls etc to get him away from the basket or into foul trouble.

He's a nice fit for Utah and will continue to be a key part of Gordon's supporting cast.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Some people haven't watched the Jazz apparently. With Hayward leading the team they've been one of the worst. With Gobert leading them they are one of the best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Some people haven't watched the Jazz apparently. With Hayward leading the team they've been one of the worst. With Gobert leading them they are one of the best.
    Gobert isn't leading them, though. All eyes are on Gordon.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I hardly notice Gordon. My eyes have been on Gobert since mid December. Can't wait to see what he does next!

Decent college freshman

People need to get off Gobert's nuts. He's just the West version of Whiteside.
    Gobert has a better head on his shoulders, has a better control of his emotions, and is more unselfish than Whiteside. Plus he's still a better defender and is trending upwards, whereas Whiteside is struggling a bit compared to earlier. Not to knock Hassan or anything, because he's putting up great numbers. He clearly is a better scorer than Gobert, as Rudy's not quite comfortable yet. I mean Deandre Jordan hangs around the basket and gets buckets- Gobert can easily replicate his offense with better FT% and still be a max guy when he's due for a new contract. Gobert's probably the most impactful defender in the whole league right now.

And Hayward is still worse than LBJ, Kawhi, and will get knocked down the SF rankings as Durant and PG-13 recover from their injuries. But by default he's #3 right now (unless I'm forgetting somebody). Melo's also in the mix when he returns next year. I'm a big fan of Hayward's game, too, but he's worse than at least 4 of those guys. No shame though to be just below that tier of guys. I just don't think he can be your most important player on a playoff team. Luckily for the Jazz, they got Gobert.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Hayward is nowhere near the defender and playmaker that Paul George is

Yeah, that's not even remotely true.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

Next year he should be an all star

Utah has been playing excellent ball since the break.
    If the Jazz are doing well, then maybe, but he still needs to beat out the PFs and Cs of the West as well since they are categorized as "front court" in terms of all-star selections, which will not be an easy task.

If everybody is healthy, the top 5 SF's are:

Bron
    Durant
    Melo
    George
    Leonard

From there, u got guys like Gordon, Gay, Parsons, etc. I think u could make a case for Hayward at number six. However for THIS SEASON, he actually has a case for 3rd or 4th due to all the injuries.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ButterFace
    If the Jazz are doing well, then maybe, but he still needs to beat out the PFs and Cs of the West as well since they are categorized as "front court" in terms of all-star selections, which will not be an easy task.
    Basically, he has to beat out Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut, Draymond Green, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan, and I'm sure I missed some....So yeah thats close to impossible and if we count sf's, Durant, etc...

cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    wat ?
    Thought he was talking about Kawhi

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Basically, he has to beat out Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge, Gasol, Randolph, Bogut, Draymond Green, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan, and I'm sure I missed some....So yeah thats close to impossible and if we count sf's, Durant, etc...
    Of course we should count SFs. Who knows, Khawi could get in his way too if he is healthy and the Spurs do well.