Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Default Re: Which NBA player(s) had the biggest ego in league history

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Just gotta love it how people come on here, post something, provide no real proof whatsoever to back it up. Then still expect people to believe them. Kareem never went broke, and just this month was named U.S. cultural ambassador. Plus if you had any idea of what you're talking about, he's been a devout Muslim for longer than you probably been alive. Unlike radical Islam, true Muslims believe in love and equality of all races. A far cry from this "vile" person you're talking about, which is more proof that you're clearly making all that up.
    I know this might be hard to believe, but life events have actually happened before you were born, you know. Just because you see a "Kinder, Gentler" version of someone now, doesn't mean they weren't Jag-offs 20 years ago.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    I know this might be hard to believe, but life events have actually happened before you were born, you know. Just because you see a "Kinder, Gentler" version of someone now, doesn't mean they weren't Jag-offs 20 years ago.
    I know this might be hard for you to comprehend, but some people actually have a brain and some form of common sense to NOT believe something just cuz somebody said so. Especially when they provide no real proof other than them saying it happened to back it up. Too bad, you clearly lack both since it's obvious you really believed that delusional hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    I know this might be hard for you to comprehend, but some people actually have a brain and some form of common sense to NOT believe something just cuz somebody said so. Especially when they provide no real proof other than them saying it happened to back it up. Too bad, you clearly lack both since it's obvious you really believed that delusional hot garbage.
    The thing is...there have been a lot of people over the years that have said the same thing about Kareem. That he's arrogant, pompous, aloof, dickheaded. This isn't just one dipshit on a message board slandering him. Kareem has a reputation and it kept him out of the game for years.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    The thing is...there have been a lot of people over the years that have said the same thing about Kareem. That he's arrogant, pompous, aloof, dickheaded. This isn't just one dipshit on a message board slandering him. Kareem has a reputation and it kept him out of the game for years.
    It's been well documented that he doesn't like reporters and media. And he had an incident with somebody from Pearl Jam that was made into a song. Dude is deliberately misrepresenting facts to try and make it look like he actually met the man, and knows the man, when he clearly hasn't and doesn't. Oh, and by the way, bankruptcy and "going broke" are two totally different things
    Last edited by LakersReign; 01-25-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Michael Jordan. Just watch his Hall of Fame speech.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    The media hated Kareem because of his aloof style and tendency to avoid them. For this reason they'd try to portray him negatively to try to get a rise out of em. Alot of these fabricated stories still exist today and people accept them as fact.

The reality is Kareem didn't like being the spotlight and also didn't like dealing with what came with fame. In that sense he was/is a bit of a dick (not always in the best mood when dealing with fans/public, etc).

I think having a big ego is not the same as being an egotist or arrogant.

EGO is oneself. A large ego wouldn't have to be outspoken or arrogant or dress a certain way. A huge ego starves out other Egos. It always ends up as the center.

You could say Shaq has a big ego because every team he went to he made it all about him. It didn't take long for that to happen, either.

Phil has a colossal ego; his ego is so large that it is not even affected by star players. He can sit back with his legs crossed while his team loses and when someone like Kobe says, "This year is for OUR legacy" he can be like "lol, my legacy is set, thx."

Kareem, I would say, did not have a large ego; he was even insecure. Neither did Bill Russell. The larger the ego the harder it is to blend in with other people.

-Smak

i'd be a dick if my people were treated like dogs in 1960's

KAJ is a rebel
    KAJ is a civil rights leader
    KAJ is a role model

Last edited by winwin; 01-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    I think people who vote KAJ or LBJ are missing the boat. I think they both have a complex about being acknowledged because of their lack of self confidence, ie LACK of ego.

KAJ is a legendary dick. I mean legenDARY. But it doesn't mean his ego is enormous. Rick Barry was a legendary dick but he DID have an absurd ego.
    Lebron has a gaint "CHOSEN 1" tattoo on his back. If that does not scream huge ego I don't know what does. Usually the guys that are the most insecure build themselves up in their heads (ego) to protect their fragile self image.

I obviously can't prove my dad's story about Kareem, but why would I make that up? Also no one else has mentioned the statue incident. When Magic got a statue outside of Staples Center, KAJ got all butthurt in an interview and said he deserved it more than Magic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    i'd be a dick if my people were treated like dogs in 1960's

KAJ is a rebel
    KAJ is a civil rights leader
    KAJ is a role model

removed pics
    You shouldn't post pics like those on here.
    There's no need for that.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Lebron has a gaint "CHOSEN 1" tattoo on his back. If that does not scream huge ego I don't know what does. Usually the guys that are the most insecure build themselves up in their heads (ego) to protect their fragile self image.

I obviously can't prove my dad's story about Kareem, but why would I make that up? Also no one else has mentioned the statue incident. When Magic got a statue outside of Staples Center, KAJ got all butthurt in an interview and said he deserved it more than Magic.
    Thank you. Saying you "deserve" a statue over a teammate who, not only kept you relevant, but also helped you win rings during the twilight of your career is EGO bullsh!t, no matter how you try to slice it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

Derrick Rose has "Gods Chosen" yet people scream how humble he is

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    links on rick barry and kareem being assholes?
    [QUOTE]To put it simply, people despised him. The former Warriors star had a knack for getting under people

There isn't a single great sports player in history of the World that didn't have a big ego. If you don't believe you are the best, then you will never be the best.