Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Gaining some respect back for D.Rose

Stumbled across this.

I know for a fact that the way Rose talks in the media has to do with his personality. He absolutely will not admit that he handled things wrong before and he doesn't want the media to push him in a corner. He knows that if he says he's returning for sure, the media will start pushing him to admit he mishandled things last time and that's why he's taking a different approach this time around. He's stubborn and he wants to come out and say "I handled things the same way as last time, just this time I was ready to go within the given time line."

The Bulls know this and they don't particularly care, because they know what's really up. Behind the scenes he has let them know he is returning this season and will do so as early as possible. That doesn't mean he is going to skip or rush any steps in the rehab process, but the second he gets the green light, he will be out there. He's busting his ass off every day and right now could even return before the 4 weeks. I'd be surprised if he needs all 6 weeks, but I don't know how common it is to suffer setbacks in the rehab process. Expect his return to be much closer to 4 weeks than 6 though.
    This is all us real Bulls fans ask for. Stop being a ***** and go out there and do what you're paid to do.
    You are this town's golden boy, do whatever you can to bring us this championship and stop coming up with excuses. That is all.

Default Re: Gaining some respect back for D.Rose

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Stumbled across this.

This is all us real Bulls fans ask for. Stop being a ***** and go out there and do what you're paid to do.
    You are this town's golden boy, do whatever you can to bring us this championship and stop coming up with excuses. That is all.
    So Rose is blame for his injuries?

Same with Gale Sayers? Grant Hill? Mark Fidyrich?

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Well who the **** else can we blame? Their teammates?

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

No, injuries are a part of sports. Nobody is to blame for injuries BUT the way you go about your injuries and how you handle those situations is another thing.

Frankly, Derrick Rose has done a very poor job handling his injuries with all that muscle memory crap and sitting on the bench eating skittle during the playoffs while watching Noah play through a foot injury and Nate/Deng with the flu against the Nets all while being cleared to play.

Then there's also turning his injury in to some kind of Adidas marketing strategy with all the "The Return" crap.

i think its time rose does something to make adidas pull out from sponsoring him. they are the obvious reason for his injuries

That's a post from the RGM Bulls forum from a Rose injury thread, and if you're cool with that post, why don't you acknowledge this post from that same poster from that same thread?
    Rose is a really good guy, but the cool story these days is to talk negatively about Rose in the media. He's doing himself no favors obviously, but put yourself in his shoes and why would you suddenly be cool with the same guys that drilled you to no end before? He knows the people who genuinely care about him and they know what's going on. Have you ever heard any teammates, current and former, speak negatively about Rose whether it was public or as an "anonymous source"? No, that's because they see the other side of things. They see the work he puts into rehab, have we ever had an article talking about how hard he busts his ass? Do we see articles praising Rose for fighting through this soreness for over a month? No, the story is when he sprains his ankle and sits out a game, he's soft.
    NO ONE in the public, not you, not me, not any ISH poster knows what's going on with Rose. Mindlessly bashing the dude for not coming back early or on time from the previous injuries is just silly because no one knows his body better than he does. Anyone who has played a sport on any level, and has sustained any form of injury knows this. If this 3rd knee procedure doesn't show that...I don't know what will..

Like the poster I quoted said...you only look at him sitting in the suit, the funny memes online, his awkward interviews. But you don't see him busting his ass in the gym hour after hour after hour every day trying to come back.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 03-13-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    That's a post from the RGM Bulls forum from a Rose injury thread, and if you're cool with that post, why don't you acknowledge this post from that same poster from that same thread?
    I only agree with the part I posted.

All I keep hearing is that he's a good guy and that he works his ass off but I don't see him playing. All I see are excuses.

If he just handled his situation like Brandon Roy did I wouldn't have a problem but he handled it in a very selfish manner and that is why I don't agree with that part.

He got injured the second time because he took too long to return. He was too cautious and didnt want to put too much pressure on his bad knee so he put all the pressure on the other one and ended up messing his other knee up too.

Had he just came back on time and not been scared that would not have happened.
    Last edited by LosBulls; 03-13-2015 at 11:26 AM.

I only agree with the part I posted.

All I keep hearing is that he's a good guy and that he works his ass off but I don't see him playing. All I see are excuses.

If he just handled his situation like Brandon Roy did I wouldn't have a problem but he handled it in a very selfish manner and that is why I don't agree with that part.
    This is 4th grader logic.

You do not know his body. I don't know why you think you do. Everyone recovers from injuries differently. Just because he didn't come back when you wanted him to doesn't mean he doesn't want to come back, doesn't mean he isn't working as hard as absolutely possible to come back.

Again....The dude has been playing with pain all year. The whole reason for this new injury and procedure was because his first meniscus injury recovery went wrong. If he didn't get re-injured and require this surgery, none of us would've known this, that he was playing with pain all year. But now that he actually went down and has to miss time, people like you are tearing him apart.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This is 4th grader logic.

You do not know his body. I don't know why you think you do. Everyone recovers from injuries differently. Just because he didn't come back when you wanted him to doesn't mean he doesn't want to come back, doesn't mean he isn't working as hard as absolutely possible to come back.

Again....The dude has been playing with pain all year. The whole reason for this new injury and procedure was because his first meniscus injury recovery went wrong. If he didn't get re-injured and require this surgery, none of us would've known this, that he was playing with pain all year. But now that he actually went down and has to miss time, people like you are tearing him apart.
    Do YOU know his body? You keep telling me I don't and give your own opinion on it, it's hypocritical don't you think? He was cleared. Wanting to come back and being a coward are 2 different things.

How is it OK for Noah to play through injuries but all of a sudden when Rose gets asked to do so it's bad? The only one I see that truly shows heart out there time and time again is Noah.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Sit the **** down, rose doesn't owe you or anyone else shit and I hate the guy

The same dudes who hate are Rose are probably the ones who call in to work to get a sick day when they have a mild sore throat.

He's hurt. Give him a Break. Dude is probably depressed right now. He could have been one of the best PG's of all time.

Do YOU know his body? You keep telling me I don't and give your own opinion on it, it's hypocritical don't you think? He was cleared. Wanting to come back and being a coward are 2 different things.

How is it OK for Noah to play through injuries but all of a sudden when Rose gets asked to do so it's bad? The only one I see that truly shows heart out there time and time again is Noah.
    Since when has being cleared ever meant he was truly ready to come back? Do I have to bring up examples of times when players, in many different sports, were cleared to come back before they were actually ready, and ended up getting hurt again, screwing up their body long-term, etc? Acting like doctors/physicians never screw things up, like the players don't know their bodies better than anyone else..is silly. And acting like getting clearance to play means he was 100% is silly too.

This is what I'm talking about. You only look at the surface of the situation. He gets cleared ---> he doesn't feel right, takes longer to come back than usual ---> you think he's a pu[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]sy. You don't bother to consider that maybe, just maybe..what we here on ESPN about him "taking longer than usual" to come back..might not be the whole truth. Maybe there's things going on with his body/rehab that we're not being told. Like him dealing with pain all season this season..

And Noah has not suffered an ACL tear, meniscus tears. We have absolutely no idea how Noah reacts to an ACL tear. Nor does it matter, because again...EVERYO[COLOR="black"]NE[/COLOR]'S BO[COLOR="Black"]D[/COLOR]Y I[COLOR="black"]S[/COLOR] DI[COLOR="black"]F[/COLOR]FERENT...I don't know how that concept keeps getting past you. Rose could be the mentally toughest player of all time, and he could still take longer than usual...because people heal differently. It's not all some matter of "does he want to come back or no"...that's about as simplistic a view you can have on the matter as possible.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Sit the **** down, rose doesn't owe you or anyone else shit and I hate the guy
    Just like LeBron didn't owe you shit when you idiot Cavs fans burned his jerseys after he left? Right.

In this case though Rose is under contract to put on a jersey with my city's name on it so shut your mouth.
    Last edited by LosBulls; 03-13-2015 at 11:45 AM.