Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond says his NBA Comparison is KD.

ppl never say anything once u shut them up lol

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I watched the interview and he didnt compare his game to Kevin Durant. He was asked who he admired and looked up too and he mentioned Kevin Durant.

Nice job to misquote the kid, bash him and so on.
    That's not what Chad Ford said during the combine.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Watch it for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

Kevin Durant part starts at ~5:40
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 06-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

What an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Watch it for yourself

He was asked if he had a favorite team or player growing up and he said Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    He was asked if he had a favorite team or player growing up and he said Kevin Durant.
    Exactly, so I'm waiting for people who claimed he compared HIS GAME to that of Kevin Durant to show me a video or article. Something. All I'm asking.

[I]I don

Cuba

Exactly, so I'm waiting for people who claimed he compared HIS GAME to that of Kevin Durant to show me a video or article. Something. All I'm asking.

I don’t really compare myself to anybody,” Drummond said. “I compare myself to Andre Drummond. I’m not really trying to model my game after anybody. I’m trying to create my own brand and my own mold as a person. I don’t want to be like the next person. I want to be myself and do things differently.”

^^Drummonds own words. What we know from video and actual words from the horses mouth? 1. He looked up too/admired Kevin Durant growing up 2. He compares himself to NO ONE.

If Chad Ford said it, give me a link or video. Something part II. All I ask.

People just want to keep the hateful narrative that Drummond is "dumb" going, meanwhile you'll never see them post things about him being a walk on so a teammate from a troubled background could get his scholarship -

While it was widely reported that Bradley had offered Drummond his scholarship back in September, shortly after Drummond had announced he commitment to UConn, in fact the two sides were working to find a different solution.

Drummond and his family wound up taking out a bank loan to pay for his tuition this year, and Bradley kept his scholarship. That makes Drummond perhaps the most heralded walk-on in recent college basketball history.
    Bradley spent much of his childhood in the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Home, a sort of foster home, and UConn coach Jim Calhoun was widely criticized by the media (myself included) when it was reported back in September that Bradley would be giving up his scholarship to Drummond.
    http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/20...mond-walk.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Watch it for yourself

Thank you, finally we can put this stupidity to rest. Dude just answered to the question that if he had a favorite player/team growing up and he said Kevin Durant.

Its been hours since this thread was made and there has still been no proof that he said this.

Delete thread/ban poster/bring neg rep back

or

Post of a link and quote of him saying this.

Maybe the cavsfanatic aka you're wrong you're wrong can link us?

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    People just want to keep the hateful narrative that Drummond is "dumb" going, meanwhile you'll never see them post things about him being a walk on so a teammate from a troubled background could get his scholarship -

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/20...mond-walk.html
    I never knew that story. Thanks for posting man.

Decent playground baller NBA2k-Monster23's Avatar

I don’t really compare myself to anybody,” Drummond said. “I compare myself to Andre Drummond. I’m not really trying to model my game after anybody. I’m trying to create my own brand and my own mold as a person. I don’t want to be like the next person. I want to be myself and do things differently.”

^^Drummonds own words. What we know from video and actual words from the horses mouth? 1. He looked up too/admired Kevin Durant growing up 2. He compares himself to NO ONE.

If Chad Ford said it, give me a link or video. Something part II. All I ask.
    I was just going off of what I heard Chad Ford say out of his mouth at the NBA combine. What was reported was Chad Ford stated that Drummond told GM's around the league that he compare his game to Kevin Durant. At first Chad Ford said you must mean KG then Drummond said no Kevin Durant. People can't find a link because it wasn't a article that was wrote. It was on the Live NBA combine telecast on ESPN. So no we wont have a link.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
    I was just going off of what I heard Chad Ford say out of his mouth at the NBA combine. What was reported was Chad Ford stated that Drummond told GM's around the league that he compare his game to Kevin Durant. At first Chad Ford said you must mean KG then Drummond said no Kevin Durant. People can't find a link because it wasn't a article that was wrote. It was on the Live NBA combine telecast on ESPN. So no we wont have a link.
    So Chad Ford didnt write any articles on the past combine given he normally always writing someone about bball? Makes sense, wait what?

7-time NBA All-Star

Yeah, turned out to be nothing close to what the title was suggesting. It didn't make sense that a 6'10", 280 pound center with such a raw offensive game would compare himself to a 6'9", 215 pound scoring machine with a great jumper. And as it turns out, he didn't.

On a side note, it's weird to hear anyone saying they "grew up" watching Durant, who is what? 23?

I have nothing against Drummond, but based on what I saw of him at UCONN, this kid going to the NBA now is a joke. He's way too raw and needs probably 2 years unless he somehow improves a ton between the end of the college season and the NBA season.

I hate seeing these raw big men in the NBA way too early as projects, there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet, and a lot of the time, they don't pan out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kevin Duckworth?
    Drummond wishes he had half of Duckworth's offensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    His weight might be an issue though. I'd be nice to see him around 250-260.
    his body fat percentage is only 7.5%

thats incredibly low for a man as big as he is

having said that, he has lost weight, apparently 22 lbs since the season ended, so maybe he will be even more mobile than the player we saw at uconn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    ]there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet
    why not?

if anybody should know how to develop young players into nba stars, it should be nba coaches

or he could stay in college, and not get touches, and not have his development be the priority