Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Wilt's HOF "Help" In The Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Damn!

My account got deleted?

I wish someone would have told me...
    Now tell us, why did you feel the need to create a new account?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    That's right, 11 compared to 2 while both had HOF-teammates..

Of course I already addressed this in the OP, but if you are going to continue to post nonsense, I will continue to refute it...

'60 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .380 from the field. Lose game six of EDF's.

'61 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .332 from the field. Lose in 1st round.

'62 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .354 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'64 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .383 from the field. Lose in game five of Finals.

'65 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .413 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'66 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .352 from the field. Lose in game five of EDF's.

'67 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .428 from the field. Wins Title

'68 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .416 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'69 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .421 from the field. Lose gaeme seven of Finals.

'70 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .469 from the field. Lose game seven of Finals.

'71 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .446 from the field. Lose game five of WCF's.

'72 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .414 from the field. Wins Title.

'73 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .446 from the field. Lose game five of Finals.

And who had "HOF" teammates who provided these great performances...

Quote:
    Playoff FG%'s...

'60 Arizin .431 Gola .412
    '61 Arizin .325 Gola .206
    '62 Arizin .375 Gola .271
    '63 Gola...played 21 games and was shipped out
    '64 Thurmond .438
    '65 Thurmond (?)...half the season. Greer .455 Walker .480
    '66 Greer .352 Cunningham .161 Walker .375
    '67 Greer .429 Walker .467 Cunningham .376
    '68 Greer .432 Walker .410 Cunningham broke wrist in first round (played 3 games)
    '69 West .469 Baylor .385
    '70 West .469 Baylor .466
    '71 West and Baylor...both injured and do not play in playoffs. Goodrich .425
    '72 Baylor retires after 9 nine games. West .376. Goodrich .445
    '73 West .449 Goodrch .448

'62 Meschery was NOT an all-star. Shoots .397 in playoffs.
    '63 Meschery (* All Star. Played 64 games. 16 ppg .425 FG% during season.)
    '63 Rodgers (shoots .387 in regular season.
    '64 Rodgers .329 in post-season.
    '65 Jackson .338 in playoffs.
    Furthermore, if a Russell, whose teams SWARMED Wilt (and by his own teammates' admission I might add) was indeed better than Chamberlain because of his TEAM's 11-2 edge in rings...(all while having HOF margins of as high as 9-1 in their ten seasons in the league together, and never having any in which he had less HOF teammates than Wilt.

then...

84-85... Eaton > Hakeem.
    85-86...Parish > Hakeem
    86-87...Lister > Hakeem
    87-88...Donaldson > Hakeem
    88-89...Polynice > Hakeem
    89-90...Thompson > Hakeem
    90-91...Divac > Hakeem
    91-92...Gives up after all the many first round exits and doesn't play.
    92-93...Sonics with no true center...pick one > Hakeem
    95-96...Sonics with no true center...pick one > Hakeem
    96-97...Ostertag > Hakeem
    97-98...Ostertag and Foster > Hakeem
    98-99...well this pretty obvious... Shaq > Hakeem (and by a country mile)
    01-02...Wallace > Hakeem

Luckily for Hakeem he didn't bother trying to get to the playoffs in 99-00 and 00-01...or who knows...Carrot-Top > Hakeem...
    Hakeem, the greatest FIRST ROUND LOSER in NBA history...
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 09-15-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Hakeem, still won the same amount of rings as "The Big Dipper"

Good college starter

lol. That's a perfect nickname. The Big Dipper.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Of course I already addressed this in the OP, but if you are going to continue to post nonsense, I will continue to refute it...

Furthermore, if a Russell, whose teams SWARMED Wilt (and by his own teammates' admission I might add) was indeed better than Chamberlain because of his TEAM's 11-2 edge in rings...(all while having HOF margins of as high as 9-1 in their ten seasons in the league together, and never having any in which he had less HOF teammates than Wilt.

then...

Hakeem, the greatest FIRST ROUND LOSER in NBA history...
    Haha, you're so full of bogus shit, go and take care of your fat son, you worthless piece of shit.

Chamberlain is the biggest playoff choker of all-time, no doubt. Olajuwon's 2 title runs are way more impressive compared to Wilt's a la getting outscored with 23 points per game against Kareem.

Olajuwon raised his game in the playoffs, Wilt did the complete opposite and while Olajuwon won with Maxwell who averaged 13.8 points per game on 36% shooting as his 2nd best scorer, Wilt won with HOF:ers and All-stars.

Your fat son approves this post;

Saw a basketball once michaelray's Avatar

Anyone think 60s Celtics the goat team?
    say,the 65 version?

Since they have tons of talent

Haha, you're so full of bogus shit, go and take care of your fat son, you worthless piece of shit.

Chamberlain is the biggest playoff choker of all-time, no doubt. Olajuwon's 2 title runs are way more impressive compared to Wilt's a la getting outscored with 23 points per game against Kareem.

Olajuwon raised his game in the playoffs, Wilt did the complete opposite and while Olajuwon won with Maxwell who averaged 13.8 points per game on 36% shooting as his 2nd best scorer, Wilt won with HOF:ers and All-stars.

Your fat son approves this post;

I find this creepy on so many levels....

First of all, that is not someone I know. And secondly, why would you care?

Almost as creepy as your stanning of Wilt.

NBA rookie of the year

First of all, it is and I recieved a PM from "ActionpcSports" regarding you and some of the stuff was pretty bothering in all honesty and don't be a deadbeat.

I would really like to know how this obsession really started, we all know due your posting history that you didn't see the guy play to start with. Then suddenly you became all obsessed and in love with the guy, it's really weird, especially since you're an old man.

Local High School Star

First of all, it is and I recieved a PM from "ActionpcSports" regarding you and some of the stuff was pretty bothering in all honesty and don't be a deadbeat.

I would really like to know how this obsession really started, we all know due your posting history that you didn't see the guy play to start with. Then suddenly you became all obsessed and in love with the guy, it's really weird, especially since you're an old man.
    Your are as obsessed with Jlauber (or Lazzer) as he is with Wilt at least.
    But his posts/essays do not contain the personal insults which you throws in almost all your posts. So in my honest opinion while he is Wilt's fan (in which I do not see anything wrong) YOU have some serious PROBLEMS.
    Try to live a normal life boy and spent your free time doing something useful, rather then mess with people's families and searching internet for sh*ts like that. It is a basketball forum at all, not a social network.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by julizaver
    Your are as obsessed with Jlauber (or Lazzer) as he is with Wilt at least.
    But his posts/essays do not contain the personal insults which you throws in almost all your posts. So in my honest opinion while he is Wilt's fan (in which I do not see anything wrong) YOU have some serious PROBLEMS.
    Try to live a normal life boy and spent your free time doing something useful, rather then mess with people's families and searching internet for sh*ts like that. It is a basketball forum at all, not a social network.
    Learn some English, your poor English is pathetic.

I couldn't care less about your honest opinion, I got the info about Jlauber from a poster "Actionpcsports" and some parts of it is beyond pathetic but I'm not posting it.

And next time you want to give advice to someone about how they should live their life, look at your own life to start with, you're a sad person who spends all his time reading old news papers which you don't even understand due the fact that you barely know any english. All because of your obsession with Wilt's stats.

Local High School Star

Learn some English, your poor English is pathetic.

I couldn't care less about your honest opinion, I got the info about Jlauber from a poster "Actionpcsports" and some parts of it is beyond pathetic but I'm not posting it.

And next time you want to give advice to someone about how they should live their life, look at your own life to start with, you're a sad person who spends all his time reading old news papers which you don't even understand due the fact that you barely know any english. All because of your obsession with Wilt's stats.
    Every normal person could see by your posts that you need a special meeting with psychoanalyst. You have too much hate in your heart.
    And your 'better' English could not hide it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Guy Rodgers finally made the HOF. Took 30 years too long.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Guy Rodgers finally made the HOF. Took 30 years too long.
    Would have been nice if they elected him when he was still alive.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS View Post
    You always ignore FG%'s...obviously because players like Kobe and Bird shot so poorly in their post-seasons from the field. Of course, as any good mathematician would tell you... a FGA is worth twice that of a FTA.

So, let's use TS%'s in that game seven, shall we?

Jerry West... .552. Not bad...the post-season league average was .475. Elgin, "I'm going to shoot us down the drain in this series" Baylor.. .408. Your boy Counts, whom you would seem to prefer over Wilt... .321. Hell, let's throw the "clutch" Russell's numbers in that game into this mix, too, shall we... .333.

How about Chamberlain? Yep, the "choker"...all he could do was hang a .621 TS% in that last game (Even with a 4-13 FT-FTA.) All while grabbing 27 rebounds (and watching his team lose the game by two points while sitting on the bench in the last five minutes.)

Of course, Chamberlain's post-season TS% differentials (against league averages) were among the highest of all-time. But, as always, you conveniently forget to post that. But not only that, he was also reducing his opposing centers to WAY lower than their norms, as well. All while pounding the hell out of them on the glass.
    In case people are wondering why Wil't numbers dipped, overall, in the playoffs offensively, here you go:

Hi, I've been collecting stats for a while and I decided to make this post here. I separated some superstars offensive production in playoffs based on defense (RS ORtg) faced. Here are my (random) criteria:

Over +2.0 rDRtg - Bad Defense
    From +2.0 to -2.0 rDRtg - Average Defense
    From -2.0 to -4.0 rDRtg - Good Defense
    From -4.0 to -7.0 rDRtg - Elite Defense
    Below -7.0 rDRtg - All-Time Great Defense

I started with centers (my favorite position) and I haven't finished yet, but here are some results:

Wilt Chamberlain (1960-68):
    Against All-Time Great Defenses (23.75% of playoffs games): 47.7 mpg, 28.7 rpg, 2.9 apg, 31.2 ppg on 50.9% FG, 56.8% FT, 53.4% TS (+5.30 rTS%)

Bill Russell (1959-66):
    Against All-Time Great Defenses (0.0% of playoffs games):--

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1970-80):
    Against All-Time Great Defenses (0.0% of playoffs games): --

SNIP

Vs. -4.0 or better rDRtg defenses ("Elite Defenses"):

Bill Russell (11.0% of playoffs games): 42.8 mpg, 26.2 rpg, 3.8 apg, 16.4 ppg on 42.7% FG, 60.9% FT, 45.4% TS (-1.90 rTS%)

Wilt Chamberlain (52.50% of playoffs games): 47.5 mpg, 28.5 rpg, 4.3 apg, 28.1 ppg on 50.8% FG, 50.6% FT, 52.2% TS (+3.84 rTS%)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (26.60% of playoffs games): 44.1 mpg, 15.9 rpg, 4.1 apg, 33.3 ppg on 54.5% FG, 72.2% FT, 56.9% TS (+5.28 rTS%)

Tell me what you think about it. I expect good discussion ;)[/quote]

Looking at the above data.....the discrepancy in % of games played against "Elite" + "All Time Great" Defenses in the playoffs further solidifies the case I've been making with my Head To Head Wilt/Russell/KAJ versus Hall Of Fame Centers Study:

Namely:

1) Wilt played against much, MUCH tougher competition than either Russell or KAJ, in the playoffs- both in his prime, and, career.

2) Wilt still (somehow) thrived/dominated, despite playing a much higher % of his games against the best defenses, ever, and any "inconsistency" or "drop off" in his offensive production is due to A) He stopped shooting and scoring the second half of his career and B) he faced the toughest average competition of any Center in NBA History in the playoffs.