Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Looks like the Bulls really want to trade Noah

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Looks like the Bulls really want to trade Noah

Source: Joe Cowley

as much as we love his heart and hustle, hes just not good enough to be a championship starting center and has been holding us back for quite some time. you can either choose to keep jo, but stay losing championships, or ship jo out and have a real chance at it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    as much as we love his heart and hustle, hes just not good enough to be a championship starting center and has been holding us back for quite some time. you can either choose to keep jo, but stay losing championships, or ship jo out and have a real chance at it.
    WTF does that even mean? No offense to you, but I HATE that cliche. Not good enough to be a starter on a championship team. Jesus. Christ.

Luc Longley?
    Bill Cartwright?
    Andrew Bynum?
    Tiago Splitter?
    Joel Anthony?

That was just centers. Considering other starters...
    Chalmers, Fisher, Danny Green, Prince...

I'm not even looking these up. If I look up every starter from every championship team since the Bulls last won, I'm sure I can find many more that are clearly worse than Noah.

GTFO here.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    WTF does that even mean? No offense to you, but I HATE that cliche. Not good enough to be a starter on a championship team. Jesus. Christ.

Luc Longley?
    Bill Cartwright?
    Andrew Bynum?
    Tiago Splitter?
    Joel Anthony?

I'm not even looking these up. If I look up every starter from every championship team since the Bulls last won, I'm sure I can find many more that are clearly worse than Noah.

GTFO here.
    youre sad you just made a thread about how offense is our priority. and now you are opposed to trading jo, the most innept offensive player on our team, but trade pau? the 2nd best offensive player on our team?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    youre sad you just made a thread about how offense is our priority. and now you are opposed to trading jo, the most innept offensive player on our team, but trade pau? the 2nd best offensive player on our team?
    Most inept offensive player on our team, that actually plays, is probably Snell. Noah is actually a serviceable offensive player, if used properly. He should be used to pass and do the occasional dribbling (for a big man, anyway).

But what Noah provides defensively is FAR more important than what Pau provides offensively, especially when we consider their relative value against the backup.

Next season, I think we can have a good argument as to whether Mirotic or Pau is better offensively, but no big on our team can hold a candle to a healthy Noah's defensive impact.

And if you read my "trade Pau" posts, you'd note that I cited his relative value rather than actual ability.

Most inept offensive player on our team, that actually plays, is probably Snell. Noah is actually a serviceable offensive player, if used properly. He should be used to pass and do the occasional dribbling (for a big man, anyway).

But what Noah provides defensively is FAR more important than what Pau provides offensively, especially when we consider their relative value against the backup.

Next season, I think we can have a good argument as to whether Mirotic or Pau is better offensively, but no big on our team can hold a candle to a healthy Noah's defensive impact.

And if you read my "trade Pau" posts, you'd note that I cited his relative value rather than actual ability.
    just stop.

Luc Longley?
    Bill Cartwright?
    Andrew Bynum?
    Tiago Splitter?
    Joel Anthony?

GTFO here.
    NONE of the players you mentioned, well maybe except for Bynum was paid 12 mil/year, as in eating up the salary cap and preventing the team to get good FA's.
    I hate Noah to go but.... this team can't afford to pay 12 Mil on a player who doesn't provide the great defense, rebounding etc he used to provide

College superstar

Am I the only Bulls fan that considers the fact that maybe, just maybe, Joakim was dealing with some injuries last season? Why are we so quick to forgive Rose, who has been very subpar since his injuries, but have to ship out Jo?

Am I the only Bulls fan that considers the fact that maybe, just maybe, Joakim was dealing with some injuries last season? Why are we so quick to forgive Rose, who has been very subpar since his injuries, but have to ship out Jo?
    Exactly, and he's on the last year of his deal so it's not like he's preventing us from getting all these great free agents we couldn't afford this summer or next.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

You might be right. I really didn't site there all last season thinking of him as injured or recovery from the surgery. My only thought was how he would thrive playing with Gasol.

It's so difficult to know with this team what is really going on with our players. Maybe things will be much better for Jo with summer rest and the "new offense." If not, than it really is time for him (and anyone else that doesn't thrive) to go.