Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A brief analysis of the Lakers' roster or, Ed Davis is the lone bright spot in LA

Kobe - I'm not including Kobe in this discussion, obviously he's a legend and we're looking at the rest of the roster. Whether you're a stan or a hater, we're talking about the rest of the roster here.

J Lin - playing like ****ing garbage. Playing like he wants to lose the starting spot. He's ranged from frighteningly bad to slightly mediocre

Jordan Hill - I thought Lakers fans said this guy was good? He's a decent rebounder and otherwise trash. Doesn't run the floor, not a great defender, absolute black hole.

Wesley Johnson - This guy is a straight up dumbass. I can't really tell him apart from Xavier Henry tbh, they're both just athletic and bring nothing else to the table except Javale-level stupidity

Boozer - Boozer sucks.

Ronnie Price - eh, his level of suckage (for what's expected) isn't quite as bad as the above names. I definitely won't call him a "bright spot" but he isn't a shitstain like these other guys. I think the defense is OK too. But damn terrible shooting. Don't get me wrong though this guy sucks too.

Jordan Clarkson - this guy is ****ing TERRIBLE. He's a black hole PG and just flat out sucks. I'd call him a homeless man's Patty Mills but I don't mean to disrespect Mills or any of his fans.

Bobby Sacre - I like this guy. I don't know what it is really but Sacre is alright in my book.

Xavier Henry - see Wesley Johnson

Ryan Kelly - Sucks

Ed Davis - this guy is good! I remember him being a nice player in spot minutes for Memphis. Very fluid in transition, a GREAT fastbreak player, high energy, doesn't seem to be the black hole the other forwards on this team, and a surprisingly good defender. Well, I can't speak to his defense actually but his shotblocking is certainly very nice. Seems to struggle in the half court though. Should be starting right now and the Lakers should definitely look to keep this guy as a bench player at least.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 11-17-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Default Re: A brief analysis of the Lakers' roster or, Ed Davis is the lone bright spot in LA

Agree with all of it except for Clarkson and Kelly. They're still young, so I have hope for them. Clarkson is actually a rookie playing behind Lin and Price so i'm not surprised he isn't comfortable yet. Kelly's serviceable but nothing to write home about, he's a big who can score and knock the 3 down so at least he's not ****ing useless like Boozer. Disappointed in Johnson and Henry, thought they would work harder to improve in the off-season but I was dead wrong based on what i've seen. Lin is a mental midget and Hill isn't a starting center, wish the Lakers had gotten Thomas and Monroe to replace them this off-season. Someone to replace Johnson's garbage ass too. Team would be at least 5-5

Default Re: A brief analysis of the Lakers' roster or, Ed Davis is the lone bright spot in LA

And those are the guys people expect Kobe to pass to.

BTW Sacre sucks as well. He used to be a bad player who knew his limitations, good defender scoring just on put backs and dunks but he started to take mid ranges and he misses almost them all (I didn't saw the garbage time today so I'm not talking about his play today)

Pretty much spot on

Coached by a useless tard also. Although no coach could do anything with this shitpile of a team

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Ed Davis is literally the only player on this team I could see getting minutes on a title team. Everyone else is trash.

Banned

Tbh I really liked what Ryan Kelly brought to the team last year.

Pretty good player to have on your roster for shooting 3's and playmaking.

Aside from that, gotta agree with you.

Very good NBA starter

Are you kidding me man? All those guys are amazing!!! Kobe is holding them back!!! I bet Boozer would turn into prime Malone without Bryant around, and Lin would start looking like peak CP3!!!

It doesn't matter. It's a mercenary roster slapped together for a year or two while we get lotto picks and maybe get lucky in FA

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

And Ed Davis is a player option next year. So he is playing for a salary. Bet he leaves LA next year.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    And those are the guys people expect Kobe to pass to.
    Winning basketball isn't about finding the best player.

It's about finding the player in the best position to score.

Kobe is awful at doing this. And what's worse is that he's actually good at doing it but sucks by choice.

Alternatively, he's bad at the one only more important aspect to the game: defense.

That's why subtle agenda threads like this account for nothing once we come to peace with basic basketball logic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    Winning basketball isn't about finding the best player.

It's about finding the player in the best position to score.

Kobe is awful at doing this. And what's worse is that he's actually good at doing it but sucks by choice.

Alternatively, he's bad at the one only more important aspect to the game: defense.

That's why subtle agenda threads like this account for nothing once we come to peace with basic basketball logic.
    Speaking the truth

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Speaking the truth
    Nice and easy truth when you go from one stacked team to the another.

Ed Davis a solid role player, he stands out because everyone else is complete trash.

Who is bobby? Its Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Nice and easy truth when you go from one stacked team to the another.
    I`m no Branstan so save it.

One question: Why is it Spurs get all these "euro scrubs" to play like they do?

I`ll give a couple of hints: Sharing the ball, unselfishness, defence, trust.