Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Let's really look at the Blazer's chances.

Not every team will choke harder than the Blazers. The Rockets just happened to.

Every time we needed a bucket to make the game a 2-3 possession contest, we couldn't convert. In all honesty, if Wes, Nic, and even Dame didn't brick 6-7 3's in the fourth quarter prior, the game would have been over.

I'm a Blazers fan and I hope we can get back to being able to get over the hump, hell I was at the game tonight, but it's slightly concerning.

Both possible match-ups. Who has the edge, can the Blazers take it, why?

(I expect close games regardless of the teams we play, we're in the west for god sakes)

Default Re: Let's really look at the Blazer's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney
    Not every team will choke harder than the Blazers. The Rockets just happened to.

Every time we needed a bucket to make the game a 2-3 possession contest, we couldn't convert. In all honesty, if Wes, Nic, and even Dame didn't brick 6-7 3's in the fourth quarter prior, the game would have been over.

I'm a Blazers fan and I hope we can get back to being able to get over the hump, hell I was at the game tonight, but it's slightly concerning.

Both possible match-ups. Who has the edge, can the Blazers take it, why?

(I expect close games regardless of the teams we play, we're in the west for god sakes)
    Blazers are better team than the Mavs IMO (but mostly just because Dirk isn't in 2011 supersaiyen mode), and we match up really well with Spurs, so I think we have a pretty good shot either way, but both would be very good series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

They'd be slight favorites against the Mavs and clear underdogs against the Spurs.

Not huge underdogs, but they'd be the clear dogs in that one...

I think we have a very good chance against mavs OR the Spurs

but that being said I just wanted them to get to the second round this season. It's a young team and the experience will help them a lot. Anything that follows now is just a bonus for me personally. GOnna be supporting them all the way doe

Blazers to the WCF IMO

They have already done better than people think.. Been a great year no matter what

Serious playground baller

They are playing lights out right now I don't think the Spurs or the Mavs beat them ... THAT said ...

I think the Spurs match up against them much better with their perimeter length and post defense. I really think Lopez becomes the X factor if they face the Spurs - how do they handle the pick and roll switches and guard the paint becomes key.
    Last edited by davehos; 05-03-2014 at 05:01 AM.

If Spurs lose 1st round series, I'd be rooting for Blazers. Anyway, WCF is attainable for this team

they need to catch better offensive rythm going forward. lma hasnt grown on me these last games and mathews needs to calm the **** down, dudes chuckin and gambling too much on d

I would rather have the Mavs. The only reason I say that is because then we have home court advantage and we came back from 30 this year in Dallas. We didn't win but if we can come back from being down 10 every game to Houston then I have better hopes for playing Dallas.

Both coaches are better than Stotts and know how to game plan. We have youth on the Spurs but they know how to win. I'm happy either way. Not scared of either team. Memphis is the only team that I'm certain we would lose to if we played.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    they need to catch better offensive rythm going forward. lma hasnt grown on me these last games and mathews needs to calm the **** down, dudes chuckin and gambling too much on d
    You do know that Aldridge plays like a monster in Dallas right? The guy plays like a man possessed when we face Dallas. I can see him scoring 50 in game if Dalembert doesn't guard him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    You do know that Aldridge plays like a monster in Dallas right? The guy plays like a man possessed when we face Dallas. I can see him scoring 50 in game if Dalembert doesn't guard him.
    #pray4dirk

Quote Originally Posted by davehos
    They are playing lights out right now I don't think the Spurs or the Mavs beat them ... THAT said ...

I think the Spurs match up against them much better with their perimeter length and post defense. I really think Lopez becomes the X factor if they face the Spurs - how do they handle the pick and roll switches and guard the paint becomes key.
    Saw lots of people clowning on Lopez during this series. He was tasked with single covering Dwight a lot. Yeah, he can't do it but who can when Dwight is playing this well?

This was probably the hardest match up for him personally in the entire league, he should be more of a factor against anyone else. Lopez somewhat quietly had a nice season and showed some growth this year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    Blazers are better team than the Mavs IMO (but mostly just because Dirk isn't in 2011 supersaiyen mode), and we match up really well with Spurs, so I think we have a pretty good shot either way, but both would be very good series.
    Hopefully Stotts will have the inside knowledge to stop Dirk just like Don Nelson and the Warriors did in 2006. That is if the Mavs can even get by the Spurs though.

Learning to shoot layups

Stopping Dirk doesn't seem like an impossible task after watch his RD1 performance