NBA rookie of the year

Default Why can't Kobe help Lin with PG duty like Lebron does with Kyrie?

The Lakers can win more games if #24 becomes more of a facilitator rather than shooting the ball more.
    Last edited by JohnMax; 12-06-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Why can't Kobe help Lin with PG duty like Lebron does with Kyrie?

Not that I watch many Lakers games these days, but I'm pretty sure Lin is not nearly the shooter or finisher that Kyrie is.

Also, I think I saw in another thread that Kobe has had multiple double-digit assist games this season regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Not that I watch many Lakers games these days, but I'm pretty sure Lin is not nearly the shooter or finisher that Kyrie is.

Also, I think I saw in another thread that Kobe has had multiple double-digit assist games this season regardless...
    I agree! Kyrie has alpha dog scoring ability and looks to score first. Bron is a pass first player who is also an alpha dog. So it's a lot easier for them to inverse. Even though Kobe is a score first player, he is a great passer. But he doesn't have the team to really benefit from that great passing.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Lakers have been doing quite well when Kobe takes a the PG role. He should do it more

Because Lin is not a good scorer as Kyrie nor the rest of the Lakers has the scoring ability of the Cavs' roster.

Difference is Kyrie is point guard who excels at scoring but struggles at running the offense for others. With Lebron there he can focus more on what he is good at.

Lin just struggles with everything. And then the next day he will excel at everything. Nothing Kobe can do with that inconsistent player. He needs to be put into a strict system with a team that gives him confidence.

I watched their game against the Wizards and all Lin did of his PG duties was bringing up the ball and passing it to Kobe. Sometimes he even force fed Kobe to run away from handling the ball

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Kobe doesn't have the vision nor the skills to be a PG.

He's not even on Lebron's league in terms of passing.

Banned

kobe was the main playmaker/leading assist man for 5 would championships

/thread

So you're saying Lin is as good as Kyrie?

Lin for Kyrie who says yes?

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    So you're saying Lin is as good as Kyrie?

Lin for Kyrie who says yes?

Lin says yes lol

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Lin says yes lol
    so is every other Laker fan