Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Jeff Green to Toronto??

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    He would be a fit, only if he could play with JV and Amir. He would have to provide back to the basket scoring, defence, and maybe, most importantly, defensive rebounding. We need to get bigger up front.
    Or Casey has to start letting JV play and work through foul trouble. If he is not going to play in crunch time, why does he get yanked early. Give him his 28 minutes in the first 3 and a half quarters. Put him back out there with the second unit and give him touches. Guy won't develop if he has an immediate hook.
    I think Monroe would be more than just a good fit with Amir and JV.

(Amir is older and his ankles are a concern. This is about next season and a groomed replacement down the road)

If your front court is :

5) JV - 33 min / Stiemsa - 20 minute / Bebe / Monroe or Amir through rotation

4) Monroe - 33 min / Amir / Patterson

(Assumptions next year - Hayes is gone)

Add that "d" "rebounding" and scoring to the existing back court and I think you are locked and loaded to tackle anyone in the NBA..

I mean I think you would be adding the potential of : (1) 9 + RBs and (2) 15 points per game without necessarily seeing a big drop off any other players stats in the front court. I think you may see minor drop off in scoring in the back court as the offense shifts to "feeding the big men and playing inside out 50+ % of the time" as opposed to the current "drive and dish or try to pick and roll" outside in game 75% of the time.

Monroe is a 15 pts / 495% shooter/ 9.3 RBs / 0.02 assist > turnovers possession type ... over the last 2-3 seasons.

I think the only knock on GMan is surprisingly underwhelming shot blocking given his skill ; but I could see a Casey defensive scheme improve that substantively.
    Last edited by Jballer; 11-19-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    I think Monroe would be more than just a good fit with Amir and JV.

(Amir is older and his ankles are a concern. This is about next season and a groomed replacement down the road)

If your front court is :

5) JV - 33 min / Stiemsa - 20 minute / Bebe / Monroe or Amir through rotation

4) Monroe - 33 min / Amir / Patterson

(Assumptions next year - Hayes is gone)

Add that "d" "rebounding" and scoring to the existing back court and I think you are locked and loaded to tackle anyone in the NBA..

I mean I think you would be adding the potential of : (1) 9 + RBs and (2) 15 points per game without necessarily seeing a big drop off any other players stats in the front court. I think you may see minor drop off in scoring in the back court as the offense shifts to "feeding the big men and playing inside out 50+ % of the time" as opposed to the current "drive and dish or try to pick and roll" outside in game 75% of the time.

Monroe is a 15 pts / 495% shooter/ 9.3 RBs / 0.02 assist > turnovers possession type ... over the last 2-3 seasons.

I think the only knock on GMan is surprisingly underwhelming shot blocking given his skill ; but I could see a Casey defensive scheme improve that substantively.
    I am a big believer that the raps are just 1 big and maybe an upgrade at SF away from contenting for the title.

I am also of the belief (and a huge fan of) Greg Monroe. He's the piece were missing that can take some of the pressure of Jonas. He's also one of the top passing bigman and a solid double double guy.
    As for SF we really need ross to start playing more consistently in his 4th year otherwise I think its time to ship his and move JJ to the starting three and move him to the second unit. In any case if they can address these two issues we will have a chance to be title contender.

Green is rumoured to be on the trade block. He has been extremely frustrated playing on a losing Celtics squad throughout the past couple years during their rebuilding process. He makes $9.2 million dollars this season with a player option for the same amount next year.

He is not the greatest defensive player although he would be a great addition to our offensive attack and provide some size at the 3 spot. This would most definitely disrupt the minutes in the rotation for Ross, Williams, Vazquez and Johnson, however.

i'd hate to make a trade right now. it would totally mess with the momentum.

later in the season I would definitely consider a trade with boston. I think Jeff Green and J.Sullinger could potentially make this team a legit contender.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    i'd hate to make a trade right now. it would totally mess with the momentum.

later in the season I would definitely consider a trade with boston. I think Jeff Green and J.Sullinger could potentially make this team a legit contender.
    Agreed.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I don't know why, but I look at this team and see a Detroit Pistons of 2004 look.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    I don't know why, but I look at this team and see a Detroit Pistons of 2004 look.
    That team had a better (and bigger) defensive front court.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    That team had a better (and bigger) defensive front court.
    I can agree with better defensive with the Wallace's holding down the fort. But with Ben at 6'8" and Rasheed at 6'11", the only bigger they were was in strength.