NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons May Add Eric Moreland!!!

I don't even know why we're adding another player to the roster. We have the 3rd highest payroll and we already need to cut people. It makes absolutely no sense to add another player who can't help this team win.

[QUOTE] Free agent Eric Moreland has multiple deals to compete for a roster spot in NBA training camp, with the Detroit Pistons as frontrunners, league sources told RealGM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Pistons May Add Eric Moreland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't even know why we're adding another player to the roster. We have the 3rd highest payroll and we already need to cut people. It makes absolutely no sense to add another player who can't help this team win.
    Strange reaction. I'll always take more bodies, more talent and more competition. Zero downside here.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Strange reaction. I'll always take more bodies, more talent and more competition. Zero downside here.
    There's a ton of downside in cap flexibility. The Pistons are going to be forced to cut guys with guaranteed contracts. They can't just keep handing out more contracts. There's no way a guy like Eric Moreland is going to make the difference in any teams playoff run. He's not any kind of difference maker.

I really hope we don't sign somebody else when 3 guys already have to get cut. Especially not to a contract that has a single dime of guaranteed money.

The hell, we just signed a different Eric (Eric Griffin) to a training camp contract according to RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n-On-Camp-Deal

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I saw that this morning and was smh. At least it's a non-guaranteed contract. There's going to be some players who aren't SVG fans in a little over a month lol.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's a ton of downside in cap flexibility. The Pistons are going to be forced to cut guys with guaranteed contracts. They can't just keep handing out more contracts. There's no way a guy like Eric Moreland is going to make the difference in any teams playoff run. He's not any kind of difference maker.
    Donnie you are out of your element!

NBA lottery pick

Hahahaha

NBA lottery pick

Well it looks like we lost out on the Eric Moreland bidding war. It's really going to be tough being contenders this year now

Shams Charania: Sources: free agent Eric Moreland has reached agreement on a one-year contract to re-sign with the Sacramento Kings. Significant guarantees.

Decent college freshman

Just for the record, guys like this don't affect your cap at all and are just camp bodies. Worst case maybe a few hundred K, which is completely negligible.

NBA lottery pick

The non-guaranteed contracts don't. The guaranteed ones do.

Well we can all breathe a sigh of relief that this rollercoaster is over.