Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Does Tim Duncan move up in your all-time players list if he wins a title?

Probably the best big man in the NBA at age 37. Made the All-NBA First Team and All-Defensive 2nd Team this year. He outplayed who many thought was the best big man in the league in Marc Gasol in the WCF. He just keeps adding to his resume.

Banned

Default Re: Does Tim Duncan move up in your all-time players list if he wins a title?

no.

Parker is the reason why they are so successful this year. He's been the best player in this year's playoffs.

This is a Parker led team.

Default Re: Does Tim Duncan move up in your all-time players list if he wins a title?

Depends on how he performs, as it always does matter first.

probably.

I dont see them winning though as i tihnk the miami heat will get to the finals and are too deep.

Very good NBA starter

Depends on how he plays.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

If he gets the FMVP, you almost have to place him in Magic/Bird territory. Parker will likely move up a lot on the top 100 list if he gets it instead.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Right now, this is my top 10:

1. MJ
    2. Russell
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Bird
    6. Duncan
    7. Kobe
    8. Wilt
    9. Shaq
    10. LeBron

If Duncan gets #5 it's going to be really hard not to slide him past Bird. Still can't put Timmy over Magic though.

No.

I have him at 6 right now, and unless he averages something like 25+/10+ (he's not going to), then I can't justify putting him in my top 5.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    If he gets the FMVP, you almost have to place him in Magic/Bird territory. Parker will likely move up a lot on the top 100 list if he gets it instead.
    THIS.

Facts Are Misleading

It's clearly Parkers team on offense, but Duncan is still the second option on offense and the foundation on the other side of the ball. He might be their MVP with the way the team is constructed - without him they have minimal rim protection and minimal size and rebounding.

Banned

If you think about it, Duncan fell off the face of this earth. If it wasn't for Parker's resurrection this past couple of years, they wouldn't even be in the Finals.

They pretty much go as far as Parker leads them.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He already has more rings than some I rank him behind. So I doubt it. 5 doesnt say much 4 doesnt. Ive not moved him up since the second one really. He got to a high level and stayed. I dont need to see his final accolades to rank him. I know what I get with Duncan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    If you think about it, Duncan fell off the face of this earth. If it wasn't for Parker's resurrection this past couple of years, they wouldn't even be in the Finals.

They pretty much go as far as Parker leads them.
    On offense... do you guys even play basketball or you just sit here on the forums all day?

TD is their defensive anchor and not to mention... 18ppg...

Dunking on everybody in the park

yes, if the Spurs win the title with TD being a key piece for the team.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He already has more rings than some I rank him behind. So I doubt it. 5 doesnt say much 4 doesnt. Ive not moved him up since the second one really. He got to a high level and stayed. I dont need to see his final accolades to rank him. I know what I get with Duncan.
    I don't understand that way of thinking....."I haven't moved him up since the second one really."

So the last TEN years means, numerous accolades, two titles as clear best player mean next to nothing? Duncan could have retired after 2003 and be ranked the same as if he did what he did the last ten years to you?

I know people love to rank players by PRIME or how good they were at their best....but that's taking it to a whole other level.