Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Lost repect for Lebron

I remember watching an interview with him right before he got drafted, and he acting humble, and he gave a shout out to Jesus, and acted very professional. I read the interview with him in Dime magazine this month, and he says some dumb **** about how it's not enough for everyone in the U.S to know who he is, he wants to be know worldwide. Some old black dude should smack the **** out of him. He's a real good ball player, but he needs to check himself. All these N.W.A's nowadays. Chad johnson, T.O, Carmello, A.I etc etc. Show some ****ing class, and act like a man, not a *****. **** pisses me off. [/endrant]

Banned

Default Re: Lost repect for Lebron

lebron was never humble...his antics at the ABCD camp and in previous AAU events gave me a first hand account of how much media shapes our opinion of ahtletes

I'm not a fan of Lebron, but I don't see the problem in saying he wants to be known worldwide. Maybe it was the way he said it?

I rule the local playground Sword.Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    lebron was never humble.
    Co-Sign. he's always been how he is today. Anybody remember when he said that he wanted to be the first basketball billionaire or something, doesn't that just mean he's in it for the money?

Learning to shoot layups

I look at him the same way I look at that ***** Puff Daddy. We all know you're rich, don't need to be in the videos throwin the loot around.

and he gave a shout out to Jesus
    Made me laugh for some reason...

Very good NBA starter

what's wrong with wanting to be recognized worldwide?

i think something would be wrong with him if he only wanted to be a nobody. every athlete wants to leave a mark or a legacy. if he wants to create a legendary legacy, then he's going to have to produce a legendary career. don't see anything wrong with that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DCL

i think someone is wrong with him if he feels it's good that if nobody knew who the hell he was. every athlete wants to leave a mark or a legacy. if he wants to create a legendary legacy, then he's going to have to produce a legendary career. don't see anything wrong with that.

some would say lebron is too worried about his legacy... he even says stuff like "this will increase my legacy" after games

Cornell Basketball=#1

Though he gets showered with $$, fame, and glory on a near daily basis, I am at least thankfull that every 2 years, he gets shown up and beat back down by some Euros into the arrogant and unfundamentally sound basketball player that he is.

This bi-annual beat down at least serves the purpose of preventing Lebron from loving himself to death.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    Though he gets showered with $$, fame, and glory on a near daily basis, I am at least thankfull that every 2 years, he gets shown up and beat back down by some Euros into the arrogant and unfundamentally sound basketball player that he is.

This bi-annual beat down at least serves the purpose of preventing Lebron from loving himself to death.
    its so true...

Local High School Star

that comment was more about marketing his brand. it was said in a businessman tone.

Go Spurs Go

i doubt lebron cares about the olympic games or world championships, nader.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader

hahahahahaha

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by DCL

i think something would be wrong with him if he only wanted to be a nobody. every athlete wants to leave a mark or a legacy. if he wants to create a legendary legacy, then he's going to have to produce a legendary career. don't see anything wrong with that.
    He needs to be humbled.

oi tweedy bird loc, is that you in your avatar.. didnt you say you were a body builder or something?