Default Spurs fans, who would you have guard MJ in the Finals--Manu or Bowen?

Your 2007 team gets to play the second three-peat Bulls in the Finals. Who do you put on MJ--Ginobili or Bowen? And who checks Pippen?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Spurs fans, who would you have guard MJ in the Finals--Manu or Bowen?

Bowen definitely. Start Michael Finley if need be (as he started a bunch). Love Manu but Bowen was our guy defensively (guarded Kobe, Melo, Lebron, AI, Nash, Dirk, etc)... Bowen did guard Jordan a few times btw.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=bowenbr01

NBA Legend

Default Re: Spurs fans, who would you have guard MJ in the Finals--Manu or Bowen?

Ariza/Artest

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Bowen definitely. Start Michael Finley if need be (as he started a bunch). Love Manu but Bowen was our guy defensively (guarded Kobe, Melo, Lebron, AI, Nash, Dirk, etc)... Bowen did guard Jordan a few times btw.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=bowenbr01

Damn, didn't realize Bowen was on the Celtics back then. I knew he did a stint in Miami in the 90s, but not Boston.

I know for damn sure you can't put fat slow Boris Diaw on him, and dare him to shoot open jumpers.

Obviously Bowen. Even if Ginobili's the better defender (he's not), he need to save it for offense and not guarding MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I know for damn sure you can't put fat slow Boris Diaw on him, and dare him to shoot open jumpers.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    da ether.