Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #31
imwillzillla
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: A new plague that's swept through ISH: Arrogant Celtics Fans

I used to post all kinds of Celtics talk at a primary wrestling message board. That board closed down and I looked for another one and googled this one. I joined and i'm here.

If I do come off as "cocky" I apologize but I actually live here in Boston and yes I've been a fan for as long as I can remember.

To those who are annoyed at the new found Celtic-fan fortune I say this. Don't hate and try to bare with some of us. The "city of losers" have started winning everything and every once in a while I have to eat some humble pie.

You guys for the most part are right though. We are spoiled and we can get obnoxious. I only ask to bare with us because if the shoe was on the other foot I may be calling for some sensible fans from where you're from.
imwillzillla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Not that I think anyone should be cocky or not that we even have reason yet to be cocky, but we've been the butt of jokes for quite some time now. Last year, around the picking of the lottery, there were a number of threads making fun of us for missing out on one of the higher picks and ammusement concerning the general disarray of our franchise... When we were setting records for loses last year, a number of fans of other east coast teams had no problem making fun of our struggles... but all of a sudden, we're doing well and people want us to be humble after all the trash talking we endured? That's a little disingenuous.

Some Celtics "fans" will behave like fools... however, it won't be any worse than how others behaved when we were losing.

Last edited by MaxFly : 01-06-2008 at 05:52 PM.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #33
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Crazed yet creative LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwillzillla
I used to post all kinds of Celtics talk at a primary wrestling message board. That board closed down and I looked for another one and googled this one. I joined and i'm here.

If I do come off as "cocky" I apologize but I actually live here in Boston and yes I've been a fan for as long as I can remember.

To those who are annoyed at the new found Celtic-fan fortune I say this. Don't hate and try to bare with some of us. The "city of losers" have started winning everything and every once in a while I have to eat some humble pie.

You guys for the most part are right though. We are spoiled and we can get obnoxious. I only ask to bare with us because if the shoe was on the other foot I may be calling for some sensible fans from where you're from.
That's just it...this current Celtic team hasn't won anything in for me to 'just bare it'!!!

I don't really care why you joined. My post was for all Celtic fans, new or old.
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #34
pierced
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Sorry, Guys!
Amazing.

Just one year ago, this entire franchise was groveling below mediocrity. And now after a few trades and three months into these new season, these dudes are 'acting' like they are somehow endeared as champions and favorite tag.

"Cleveland has like no chance of beating Boston unless LeBron all of a sudden clones himself into 4 new players. Boston would probably win 4-1. Maybe 4-0."

"Boston should blow the Cavs out at least twice, maybe 3 times in a 4 game series."

"lol... they just beat the best team in the east, who had an 11 game winning streak.. and were mashing teams.. and you had to say that..

29-3.."

"Dallas can't handle the Celtics. SA won't care. Phoenix? Who knows."

"2nd round?? That's a pretty big assumption for the Cavs. Right now they are looking at playing either the Pistons or the Celtics unless they go on a run. And in any case, the Celts would BEAT DOWN the Cavs in the playoffs."

"I'm a Cleveland fan [Big Ticket] and we can't win that series. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to lose touch with reality you know." (this is my favorite )

"what will be eveyone's excuse against boston now? i have a feeling we'll see another "Boston is soo overrated" thread before noon tommorow. i'm waitin on it to see how pathetic it is"

Now each one of these posts have come within the last 18 hours. Hilarious. A franchise that has sucked for 5 years are not acting like someone owes them something.

MEMO...TEAMS WITH THE NBA'S BEST RECORD HASN'T MADE THE FINALS SINCE 2003!!!!!!!!!

Read this please. Multiple 60-win teams have gone Finals-less. You can be no different. I get that this is an exciting time for the Boston fanbase, but how about we get some perspective here. You guys are playing the regular season at a high intensity level. Kudos for you.

But remember, in the playoffs, every team will match that level. I know this because they've (Det, Cle) been places you haven't. That gives teams an advantage over you.

Now am I saying these teams will beat you? No, but you have to acknowledge and respect other teams have been where you desire to go.

you're just plain funny man! hahaha
werent you the one who started to bash the Celts??
you even question me being a fan of the Celts?
you're just WOW man!!!
pierced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #35
gts
shhhhhhh

The Celtics Fans aren't bad, it's the ones who feel the need to find new ways to bash them them every other day that are the real pains in the butt.. this thread is a perefect example, there was no reason for it whatsoever.. other than to create another worthless thread
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #36
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

I don't believe I have seen ANY over-the-top Celtic fans on the board.

and, btw, one of the joys of all sports is talking smack. If a few Celt fans are finally in a position to talk smack, I say, bring it on.

ps. Lakers are still the greatest franchise of all time!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #37
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I don't believe I have seen ANY over-the-top Celtic fans on the board.

and, btw, one of the joys of all sports is talking smack. If a few Celt fans are finally in a position to talk smack, I say, bring it on.

ps. Lakers are still the greatest franchise of all time!
MY god. First me now you... Self respecting Lakers fans coming to the defense of Celtics fans...
ISH has warped our sense of right and wrong...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #38
kps
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

let em be happy thier team is finally winning after so long
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #39
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Sorry, Guys!
Who cares about the last 25 years? I'm talking about recently. Maybe it apllies for the last 25 years, I don't know. But the last four years it hasn't happened, so that should serve warning for Celtics fans.

I don't see how the past 4 years have any revelence to the season 2007-2008. Did Sacramento making the playoffs for 8 straight years mean that htey were guranteed to make the playoffs the next year? No.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #40
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Not that I think anyone should be cocky or not that we even have reason yet to be cocky, but we've been the butt of jokes for quite some time now. Last year, around the picking of the lottery, there were a number of threads making fun of us for missing out on one of the higher picks and ammusement concerning the general disarray of our franchise... When we were setting records for loses last year, a number of fans of other east coast teams had no problem making fun of our struggles... but all of a sudden, we're doing well and people want us to be humble after all the trash talking we endured? That's a little disingenuous.

Some Celtics "fans" will behave like fools... however, it won't be any worse than how others behaved when we were losing.

That's true, I can remember those threads clearly. Good post. I think you guys deserve to enjoy some success after all this time. I'll be pulling for the Celts as they are from the East and the Heat, well...I don't think we'll be going to the finals
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
A new plague that's swept through ISH: Arrogant Celtics Fans
Says the original plague on ISH, PleezeBelieve.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #42
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
we should make a list of the KG and Ray Allen fights/confrontations. They outnumber AI and Melo combined about 12-1. I guess its the tattoos and cornrows again. KG is the creator of the "hit and run" which Melo copied for the Denver Connection's only fight total. (iverson has zero but yet he's the biggest thug of the league)

how is it that KG and Ray have a better wholesome reputation than Melo and Iverson?

Excellent points. KG will sink to dirty play in a heartbeat: but he's called "passionate."

Iverson and Melo can eat Ice Cream with their families at Dairy Queen: THUGS!
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #43
poeticism707
Local High School Star

This is a great thread. Let the some of these Celtic fans tell it, the Celtics are 4 time defending champs!

Personally, I think the Lebron led Cavs would beat the Celtics, great team though they be.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #44
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
That's true, I can remember those threads clearly. Good post. I think you guys deserve to enjoy some success after all this time. I'll be pulling for the Celts as they are from the East and the Heat, well...I don't think we'll be going to the finals

The shock! The sheer suspense!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #45
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
Excellent points. KG will sink to dirty play in a heartbeat: but he's called "passionate."

Iverson and Melo can eat Ice Cream with their families at Dairy Queen: THUGS!
Yeah, that's it. Carmelo and AI are just victims of the media. It has nothing to do with running around the city with guns, getting in fights on and off the court, dressing like gang bangers, posing in videos with drug dealers, running around with a posse of thugs, speaking in ebonics, proclaiming to be thugs on rap albums, getting convicted of felonies, etc.
If you don't want to be called a thug, don't act like one.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: