Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #16
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Default Re: How are the Pistons 26-7?

I don't know. It's so f'ing crazy. Who would have thought the Pistons would win 50-60 games?
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #17
SHEED_ gangsta
I know everything

whoever made this topic is CLEARLY retarded
SHEED_ gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #18
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Losing 4 straight games to a clearly inferior Cleveland Cavs team after winning a ludicrous number of reg season games = choking.

Getting outplayed badly and bounced by a clearly inferior Miami Heat team after winning a ludicrous number of reg season games = choking.

They are a slighly more successful Dallas Mavericks of the east.

You're an idiot.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #19
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Quote:
Losing 4 straight games to a clearly inferior Cleveland Cavs team after winning a ludicrous number of reg season games = choking.

Getting outplayed badly and bounced by a clearly inferior Miami Heat team after winning a ludicrous number of reg season games = choking.

They are a slighly more successful Dallas Mavericks of the east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP CITY
They have choked in the CONFERENCE FINALS, not early in the Playoffs, there is a difference.

I'll still don't think you can call them chokers, they HAVE CHOKED, but they have also won it all.

And I didn't hear anyone calling the Heat "clearly inferior" before that Series, not the way people swung from Shaq, and Wade's nuts back then.

Slighty more successfull than the Mavs.....ok.....believe what you want. 5 Conference Finals appearances, 2 NBA Finals appearances (Back-to-Back), 1 NBA Championship>>>2 Conference Finals appearances, 1 Finals appearance. The Championship alone makes it more than "slightly" more successfull, that's the only goal for any team.....the Trophy.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #20
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You're an idiot.

If you cant recognize that owning the regular season two years in a row, being heads and shoulders favorites to win the east if not the title, and then getting clearly and squarely beaten by inferior teams is choking, you are a far bigger idiot than you think I am.

It was choking when Dallas blew a 2-0 lead to Miami, and it was choking when Detroit blew a 2-0 lead to the heavily underfavored Cavs. But I guess I cant expect you as a deluded Pistons fan to understand that.

Last edited by picc84 : 01-05-2008 at 01:05 AM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #21
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I'll still don't think you can call them chokers, they HAVE CHOKED, but they have also won it all.

And I didn't hear anyone calling the Heat "clearly inferior" before that Series, not the way people swung from Shaq, and Wade's nuts back then.

Slighty more successfull than the Mavs.....ok.....believe what you want. 5 Conference Finals appearances, 2 NBA Finals appearances (Back-to-Back), 1 NBA Championship>>>2 Conference Finals appearances, 1 Finals appearance. The Championship alone makes it more than "slightly" more successfull, that's the only goal for any team.....the Trophy.

I dont recall calling them chokers. I recall saying they choke. Which they do. There was no one on the planet who thought Cleveland had a chance to beat them last year, let alone run off 4 straight games after being down 0-2 and blow them off the court in game 6. Ditto for 2 years ago.

If they do the same thing this year, then they will be chokers.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #22
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

tomorrow nights game is going to be NASTY.. thats all i know.. i cant wait..

celtics 8 game winning streak
pistons 11 game winning streak.. oh my god...
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM   #23
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Hey douchebag:

1. You compared them to the Mavs who clearly have not been to 5 straight conference finals, 2 NBA Finals, and do not have a championship

2. They did not own the regular season last year

3. They were not favorites last year until Wade got hurt

4. The '05 Heat were not a clearly inferior team

5. Not every team can win it every year. Subsequently, 27 teams do not choke a year
Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #24
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Sure. Lets see how far from the Mavs they are when they finish with a top 3 record in the league this year, and then lose again in the conf. finals to a team they have no business losing to. And dont forget the obligatory sore loser locker room talk afterward from Chauncey or Sheed. "I still feel we're the better team." I wonder does their arrogance rub off on their fans, or vice versa.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #25
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Quote:
Sure. Lets see how far from the Mavs they are when they finish with a top 3 record in the league this year, and then lose again in the conf. finals to a team they have no business losing to. And dont forget the obligatory sore loser locker room talk afterward from Chauncey or Sheed. "I still feel we're the better team." I wonder does their arrogance rub off on their fans, or vice versa.

Well, now it's becoming clear.....you don't like the Pistons. That makes this debate kind of worthless for me. It's just silly to downplay the accomplishments of one of the most successfull teams in the NBA of this decade. I know the Pistons are not the greatest team ever, you won't ever hear me say that. But they have done very well, and to make it sound like it was no big deal is just ridiculous.

Oh and by the way here is my post before Game 1 of the Cavs Series last year (On another board)......

Quote:
Well I think people are sleepin on the Cavs in this Series, they aren't going to get it handed to them. They can run with us.

But we need to start this Series of like we did the last one, and put a whoppin on them to try to ruin their confidence a little, they believe they can beat us and beating them down in this game will put a little doubt in their minds.

No, I didn't say that the Cavs would win, but I knew that Series wasn't going to easy.

Last edited by RIP CITY : 01-05-2008 at 01:28 AM.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #26
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Well, now it's becoming clear.....you don't like the Pistons. That makes this debate kind of worthless for me. It's just silly to downplay the accomplishments of one of the most successfull teams in the NBA of this decade. I know the Pistons are not the greatest team ever, you won't ever hear me say that. But they have done very well, and to make it sound like it was no big deal is just ridiculous.

Au contraire. I do like Detroit. I've been rooting for them to come out the east every year since they beat my Lakers in 2004. I was rooting for them against SA, I was rooting for them against Miami, and again against Cleveland. And each of the last two years, I was dissapointed and disgusted at their respective chokejobs. The only part of their team I have a problem with is their unmitigated arrogance. Even after getting shallacked by these teams they still won't admit to themselves they need to committ and do better. Those "I still feel we're the better team" quotes say it all. No sense of responsibility. And a huge sense of entitlement. They are still living off that title from 04. In their minds they probably truly still believe they are the true NBA champions.

I dont have to dislike a team to have a negative opinion about some aspects of them. The arrogance specifically. And fans like DeuceWallace arent helping me here.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #27
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

I'm not helping you cos I'm blowing up your points and you have no direct response.

Just cos you put something in quotations doesn't make it a quote. You're just spewing BS.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #28
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Searching for quotes you made up? Here let me help:

'07: http://www.nba.com/games/20070602/DETCLE/recap.html

'06: http://www.nba.com/games/20060602/DETMIA/recap.html
Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 AM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Their record would be even better if not for some absences from stars earlier. They're an awesome team when they play with intensity. And that's why they only have 1 title, they lack consistent intensity. And you could argue that having 1 superstar player to always rely on would've been the difference.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #30
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Oh, wow. This guy.

Quote:
Hey douchebag:

1. You compared them to the Mavs who clearly have not been to 5 straight conference finals, 2 NBA Finals, and do not have a championship

Pistons and Mavs both finish with top records among the NBA two years in a row, are both favorites to win the title two years in a row, and both lose to teams they should have beaten and were favored over two years in a row. No other teams fall in that category. That is why they are currently the Mavs of the east. They overachieve in the regular season, and underachieve in the playoffs. Regardless of whether they won a title what, 4 years ago? And against the Cavs, they barely won the games they did win.

Quote:
2. They did not own the regular season last year

53-29, best record in the east, third best in the entire league. And if thats not owning it last year, they certainly owned it the year before, when they finished 12 wins ahead of the next best record in the east.

Quote:
3. They were not favorites last year until Wade got hurt

Are you ****in kidding? They were the favorites all year, from the 1st week of the season after Miami got their asses beat by 30 in Miami, by Chicago, during their ring ceremony, and all the analysts were saying they lost their passion and drive, up until the end of the season right before they swept Orlando. The only reason people didnt write Miami off completely and entirely is because they were the defending champs. And look where that got them.

Quote:
4. The '05 Heat were not a clearly inferior team

Detroit: 64-18
Miami: 52-30

Clearly, clearly inferior.

Quote:
5. Not every team can win it every year. Subsequently, 27 teams do not choke a year

No, just Detroit and Dallas.

Quote:

Damn, I guess you got me.

Suppose I better just shut off the comp and....wait! A quick 3 second google search and guess what I find!

Quote:
Pistons' Billups: All our guys better than Cleveland's
June 4, 2007

So, does this change everything, the Cavs—yes, the Cavs—in the NBA Finals?

Look, this is what everyone was saying, that any team from among five or six in the Eastern Conference could go to the Finals. No one knew which. But the Cavs? It's tougher to digest when it happens, and which starter other than LeBron James would you want from that team?

But they got there, and we all aren't the Pistons.

"I believe [we're better], I really do," Chauncey Billups said after a conference finals series in which the Pistons probably didn't deserve to win one game. "There's nobody on that team who is better than ours. And maybe I'm crazy, maybe I've got too much confidence in these guys, but I believe in us. I believe we're the better team.

"Did we back it up? No, we didn't. But I still think we're better."

Billups is a free agent, and after his poor series the talk is he'll have no serious option but to return to the Pistons, and probably at substantially less money than he was considering a month ago.

Not only were my quotes right, but there were worse and more arrogant quotes than I remembered. "Did we back it up? No, we didn't. But I still think we're better". Boy Chauncey you just take losing so graciously and humbly, don't you?

Chauncey: 'We didnt back it up, and they whooped us, but we're still better, so there...yeah, cant faze us.'
Reporter: 'But Chauncey, how can you be better if--'
Chauncey: *puts fingers in ears* La-la-la-la-la-la-la I cant hear you'

Chauncey didnt even think Lebron was better than anyone on his team. Chauncey: "Rip > Bron...book it. Bron just got lucky. Yeah. Luck was all it was.

You're such a uninformed ignoramus you don't even know whats going on with your own team. How pathetic.

Last edited by picc84 : 01-05-2008 at 02:32 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: