Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nemanja Nedovic

Default Re: Nemanja Nedovic

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    That's cause there's only a single european basketball fan in this thread.
    I don't think that is true at all- it's just that none of them are dumb enough to agree to a list of 20 guards with equal or better athleticism than Nedovic who clearly has nba level athleticism.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Do you have any updates on Teodosic's injury status? Do you know if he will play this summer or not? If not, do you think Ivkovic will make Nedovic the main point guard?
    It looks like he'll play but even if he doesn't Nedovic wouldn't be our first pg since Markovic is a lot better .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    It looks like he'll play but even if he doesn't Nedovic wouldn't be our first pg since Markovic is a lot better .
    Lol @ Markovic being a lot better than Nedovic. Guy is a non scoring threat, defenders can stand 3 meters off him.

And lol @ Spanoulis being better athlete than Nedovic. Span is better player, don't get me wrong, but they are not on the same level athletically.

As for the thread.
    Nedovic would do good on a fast paced team. He must further improve his shooting, decision making and overall PG skills. I'd like him to make it, but right now he just got a huge upside due to athletic ability.
    He seems like a really good guy, very coachable, full of respect and his dream is to play in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I don't think that is true at all- it's just that none of them are dumb enough to agree to a list of 20 guards with equal or better athleticism than Nedovic who clearly has nba level athleticism.
    About half of that list is true however.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Lol @ Markovic being a lot better than Nedovic. Guy is a non scoring threat, defenders can stand 3 meters off him.
    it is clear that you havent watched markovic plays during ACB league. He clearly can't have 20 pts per match, but he can get 10 pts 7 as 6 rb plus great defense, any given time. Not to mention his experience over Nedovic.

his role in valencia is similar to serbia's team, back up point guard, who can pressure ball in defence, distribute ball efficiently and score a couple of buckets
    Last edited by duskovujosevic; 06-06-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    it is clear that you havent watched markovic plays during ACB league. He clearly can't have 20 pts per match, but he can get 10 pts 7 as 6 rb plus great defense, any given time. Not to mention his experience over Nedovic.

his role in valencia is similar to serbia's team, back up point guard, who can pressure ball in defence, distribute ball efficiently and score a couple of buckets
    Markovic is first pg for Valencia .

Serious playground baller

Yeah, because Goran Dragic sure is terrible in the NBA..................

He's the same type of point guard as Dragic.

Athletic, stupid, no defense, not a real point guard in truth, because of lack of real point guard skills.

Dragic has had no trouble in the NBA.
    Dragic>>>>>>>>Nedovic.

I have watched both here in Europe. At the stage prior to moving to the NBA, Dragic was much better than Nedovic. Better IQ, better shooter and ball handler. Nedovic will get a real shot at the Serbian national team in September for the European championship, we'll see how it goes. He does have exceptional physical attributes, but skills and IQ wise he's shaky.

His averages in ACB are 5/4/3, not really 10/7/6 at any given time... 22% from the 3 also.
    I know he plays great defense, but Serbia needs offense from PG position. If Teodosic doesn't play, we're pretty much screwed...

His averages in ACB are 5/4/3, not really 10/7/6 at any given time... 22% from the 3 also.
    I know he plays great defense, but Serbia needs offense from PG position. If Teodosic doesn't play, we're pretty much screwed...
    How many times did you watch him play this season ? He had 8 apg in playoffs ( I know they only played 3 games and lost 2 but he had 11 assist in deciding game so it's not his fault ) , he broke EC record for most assist in one game , he holds EC record in total assists since 2010/2011 .

Nedovic is more athletic than him but Markovic is our most athletic guard after Nedovic and is better at every othere part of the game than him except for shooting but Nedovic is only slightly better at that .

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You are a ****ing moron. Every player I listed has "NBA level athleticism". Hell, Ty Lawson could not even beat guys off the dribble in half court in Euroleague.

And lol @ Spanoulis being better athlete than Nedovic. Span is better player, don't get me wrong, but they are not on the same level athletically.

As for the thread.
    Nedovic would do good on a fast paced team. He must further improve his shooting, decision making and overall PG skills. I'd like him to make it, but right now he just got a huge upside due to athletic ability.
    He seems like a really good guy, very coachable, full of respect and his dream is to play in the NBA.
    Nedovic struggles to finish in traffic around the rim at Euroleague level, while Spanoulis does it better than anyone in the league.

Nedovic isn't getting into the lane much in Euroleague either, while Spanoulis almost does it at will...........

What about defense? Nedovic isn't that great at defense as his lateral movement isn't that good. Spanoulis can keep any guard in Europe, even McCalebb in front of him.

And Spanoulis gets higher elevation (by a lot) on his jumper than Nedovic does. On quickness it is not even close..........Spanoulis easily.

Yeah, not sure what Euroleague games you have been watching.

I'm not sure if Nedovic is even more athletic than someone like Stephen Hamann. About the same speed and quickness and hops (almost), but Hamann has better lateral speed.

Newsflash, athletic ability is not solely measured by your vertical leap. Or would you say that Rakocevic is the most athletic player in Europe? Because he had the highest vertical of any player in Europe for many years.

And the only part of his game that was based on athleticism was his lift on his jump shot. That was it.

Saying Nedovic has the highest vertical of any point guard in Europe might be correct....

from what I can find,

Nedovic - 43 inches
    Farmar - 42 inches (although some sources claim 44 inches)
    Bobby Brown - 41 inches

But that's NOT the same thing as claiming he's "the most athletic point guard in Europe"........freaking hell, to even suggest him more athletic than someone like Jamon Gordon is absurd.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.

On another point to this..........I see that Ivkovic left Paunic, Keselj, and Tepic off the team. Tepic really disappoints me. This guy has so many tools and skills and he just wastes it.

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    Dragic>>>>>>>>Nedovic.

I have watched both here in Europe. At the stage prior to moving to the NBA, Dragic was much better than Nedovic. Better IQ, better shooter and ball handler. Nedovic will get a real shot at the Serbian national team in September for the European championship, we'll see how it goes. He does have exceptional physical attributes, but skills and IQ wise he's shaky.
    I never said anything about Nedovic being as good or better than Dragic. I said he was a similar type of player. Very athletic and not a real point guard. It was argued by someone here that those types of European point guards can't play in the NBA.

That's not true, as Dragic is that exact type of European point guard. On the issue of basketball IQ......Dragic has VERY LOW basketball IQ. Not sure at all that his basketball IQ is any better than Nedovic's.

Dragic's "point guard skills" consist of running around aimlessly and dribbling the hell out of the ball, trying to go 1 on 5, charging wildly into the lane and piling into defenders trying to get ref bail outs, etc.

Dragic is several levels too stupid to be successful in European basketball. He belongs in the NBA. Nedovic is the same type.

On another point to this..........I see that Ivkovic left Paunic, Keselj, and Tepic off the team. Tepic really disappoints me. This guy has so many tools and skills and he just wastes it.

Tepic seems like wasted talent from my point of view. His problem is in his head. As you say, he has plenty of tools. Ivkovic gave him more than enough chances in national team to prove. Keselj is injured, coming from awful season. Paunic cant contribute in offense. Such a role players Ivkovic can find in domestic league. Whole list of players he called is controverse. As 9 of them comes from BeoBasket agency and infamous manager Misko Raznatovic.

Serbia's basketball is in decline. The golden era and legendary players from this country is something we wont see very often.

Tepic seems like wasted talent from my point of view. His problem is in his head. As you say, he has plenty of tools. Ivkovic gave him more than enough chances in national team to prove. Keselj is injured, coming from awful season. Paunic cant contribute in offense. Such a role players Ivkovic can find in domestic league. Whole list of players he called is controverse. As 9 of them comes from BeoBasket agency and infamous manager Misko Raznatovic.

Serbia's basketball is in decline. The golden era and legendary players from this country is something we wont see very often.
    I'm surprised at Keselj though. I know Ivkovic does not like him very much, as he was always trying to get him off Olympiacos, but he is one of those guys that always plays better for his national team than he does for his club teams.

Every year he is a disappointment with his club team, but then he plays well for the national team. And he has had some big games for Serbia just going crazy from 3 point range.

I was surprised he got left off, even with the injury. I mean, Teodosic is also injured and was in the list. You can always use a shooter like Keselj in your team.