Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Chris Paul Doesn't Want To Be A Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    Why would he?

Pierce is 34, Garnett is 35 and Allen is 36.

He's going to the knicks.

He wants to win championships asap before his knee disintegrates.
    If he wants a championship asap then the Celtics give him the best shot this year. On top of that wouldn't they have the cap room to sign a big time FA in 2012 perhaps a D. Howard????

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    If he came to Boston wouldn't that give the Celtics the best shot of landing Dwight????
    I've always wanted CP3 and Dwight with the Knicks (plus Amar'e). But Melo there kinda ruined it for me.

CP3 to Dwight for alley dunks.

CP3 to Amar'e for outside jumpers.

And plus...doesn't Dwight want to go the Lakers?
    Last edited by 9512; 11-30-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    If he wants a championship asap then the Celtics give him the best shot this year. On top of that wouldn't they have the cap room to sign a big time FA in 2012 perhaps a D. Howard????
    So paul, howard and a 35 year old pierce is enough to win a championship?

I doubt it. The celtics are in a rebuilding phase. Like i said - he wants to win rings ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    So paul, howard and a 35 year old pierce is enough to win a championship?

I doubt it. The celtics are in a rebuilding phase. Like i said - he wants to win rings ASAP...
    paul and howard is enough to be a contender regardless. there wouldn't be a more lethal pick n roll, not even bron and wade. that said..cp3 = empire state of mind

<-----------------

Kevin Garnett didn't want to be a Celtic either. A year later he was publicly chiding himself for not deciding to come to Boston sooner. Even through all the hubbub surrounding the Decision, he maintained that he should have been a Celtic years earlier.

If you think the next phase of the Celtics history would revolve solely around Chris Paul, you're sorely mistaken. Danny's always thinking 4-5 moves ahead of everyone else. Chris Paul would just be one piece going into the 2012 season.

That being said, the strings that would have to be pulled to machine all of this into place would be enormous. Realistically, the chances are pretty damned slim. But I'm not ready to blow all possibility out of the water just because someone who isn't Chris Paul said he wouldn't sign an extension with the Celtics...the guy wants to win and Boston is a winning town. Besides, as much as he keeps saying he loves New Orleans and his heart is there and all that jazz, you know damned well he has no intention of staying there.
    Last edited by Derka; 11-30-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    If you think the next phase of the Celtics history would revolve solely around Chris Paul, you're sorely mistaken. Danny's always thinking 4-5 moves ahead of everyone else. Chris Paul would just be one piece going into the 2012 season.

After the Jeff Green trade, I'm not buying it anymore.

Banned

they are about to go back to 20 more long years of failure, as they enter into the Glen Davis-Rajon Rondo-Jeff Green era, who would want to be a Celtic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    lol at these bozo C's fans still thinking Ainge is a good GM

He got Allen and Garnett and every single other move he has made for the franchise has been horrible, including trading Perkins for Krstic and Jeff Green mid season singlehandedly destroying the number one contender in the east and making them a joke for no reason.

Ainge is a moron, stop giving him credit he doesn't deserve. This reminds me of the Pritchslap idiots at Portland. Turns out Bayless and Fernadez were busts and every other player he drafted was incredibly injury prone-he drafted them while knowing this so it turned out Pritch was actually an idiot. Soon C's fans will see this about Ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    After the Jeff Green trade, I'm not buying it anymore.
    Jeff Green needs a training camp with Doc Rivers bitchslapping him around Waltham to square him away and maybe his balls will drop some. MAYBE.

We were losing Perk regardless and I'm still not sure we beat that Miami team with Perk out there. But we did hurt our chances.

Banned

KG is 35+ with bad knees
    Allen is 35+
    Pierce is 34+

Jesus Christ these guys are old! It's a no-brainer CP3 and his prime years don't want to waste in BOS.

he can play for the Bulls/Heat

There are so many people who hate the Perkins trade...I'm confused...who do all these people think was gonna back up Paul Pierce and guard LeBron? Von Wafer?

Perkins was hurt and he's a black hole on offense. The Celtics have plenty of defense. They needed OFFENSE.

Celtics losing had nothing to do with Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    There are so many people who hate the Perkins trade...I'm confused...who do all these people think was gonna back up Paul Pierce and guard LeBron? Von Wafer?

Aside from sucking so badly on defense and offense, so what did Jeff Green actually do last season?

and yes LeBron James still managed to average 28.0 PPG during their playoffs match up last season. So what defense are you talking about?

You sir don't know what you're talking about.