Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

If the C's include Jermaine O'Neal in any deal, then who's gonna play center? JuJuan Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Calling Rondo elite is straight laughable, clearly you have rose coloured glasses on.
    Random person saying fact after everything doesn't infact, make it fact. FACT
    He's a good defender and rebounder, yes.
    He's a decent playmaker, but when you have 3 HoFers on the end of your passes it's impossible to guage how good he actually is. Put him in Phoenix instead of Nash and I guarentee he doesn't have anywhere near the assists.
    It's not a matter of not being able to shoot consistantly, he can't shoot at all... Ohh wait I forgot, fact!
    At the death he's a liability. How can an "elite" point guard not be counted on to have the ball in his hands when the games on the line. Dude has a career FT% of 62%. Show me one elite PG that can't even shoot free throws....
    To be fair, when healthy, Rondo has proven lately he is a walking 14 APG. He's his own mold.

He was in top 5 MVP voting for the first half of the season until he got hurt and never returned to 100%. The Miami series proved how important he is...

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    To be fair, when healthy, Rondo has proven lately he is a walking 14 APG. He's his own mold.

He was in top 5 MVP voting for the first half of the season until he got hurt and never returned to 100%. The Miami series proved how important he is...
    He was not going to average 14 apg then entire season regardless. Rondo was not badly injured to the point that he "couldnt" pass. Quite simply put the Celtics came out extremely hot during the 14 apg stretch and we began to cool off as the season progressed.

Do you seriously think he would average 14 assists the entire season. I called it 10 games in that he would fall to about 11 PER. Rondo disgusts me the way he WHORES for assissts. I'm sick of seeing ruin an easy 2 points he could've had because he's tryin to rack up another assist. I'm sick of his defender 15 feet away from him playing ball denial on one of our big 3 disrupting passing, Im sick his brick jumpers, brick free throws and his unwillingness to assert him as a scorer when our big 3 just flat out isnt shooting the ball well. I say we get rid of him now before the Big 3 retire and he's exposed.

Are you seriou, the miami series proved how overrated he is. He wanted nothing to do with offense in that series. He cost us the series. That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.
    Last edited by I.R.Beast; 11-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    He was not going to average 14 apg then entire season regardless. Rondo was not badly injured to the point that he "couldnt" pass. Quite simply put the Celtics came out extremely hot during the 14 apg stretch and we began to cool off as the season progressed.

Do you seriously think he would average 14 assists the entire season. I called it 10 games in that he would fall to about 11 PER. Rondo disgusts me the way he WHORES for assissts. I'm sick of seeing ruin an easy 2 points he could've had because he's tryin to rack up another assist. I'm sick of his defender 15 feet away from him playing ball denial on one of our big 3 disrupting passing, Im sick his brick jumpers, brick free throws and his unwillingness to assert him as a scorer when our big 3 just flat out isnt shooting the ball well. I say we get rid of him now before the Big 3 retire and he's exposed.

Are you seriou, the miami series proved how overrated he is. He wanted nothing to do with offense in that series. He cost us the series. That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.

Am I the only one wondering why the f@ck the Celtics are trying to get rid of their ONLY young allstar player. It just doesn't make sense. Do they not realize the big 3 will be retiring soon? Rondo is LEGIT and people will want to go there to play with him. Celtics need to rethink their strategy...

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

since the CP3 deal seems to be dead, doesnt that end this rumor as well? What motive would the Cs have to deal Rondo if they arent getting Paul?

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.
    wtf lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Am I the only one wondering why the f@ck the Celtics are trying to get rid of their ONLY young allstar player. It just doesn't make sense. Do they not realize the big 3 will be retiring soon? Rondo is LEGIT and people will want to go there to play with him. Celtics need to rethink their strategy...
    It's to make one last push for a ring then reevaluate their options this summer. They've got a two huge contracts coming off the books and will have the flexibility to sign free agents to long term contracts then. Moving Rondo for Chris Paul is an attempt to entice other free agents like Dwight Howard to come on board. It makes sense. They've got their eyes set on CP3 and Dwight being in Celtics unis next season with Pierce as captain and KG/Allen both signing one year contracts.

As a Celtics fan I'm reluctant to ship Rondo out, obviously. If there's any truth to the Broussard rumor about CP3 disinterested in signing an extension with Boston, the whole discussion is moot anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    wtf lol
    Dude is quickly rising in the ranks of biggest troll on ISH (not you, the guy you quoted of course).

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    since the CP3 deal seems to be dead, doesnt that end this rumor as well? What motive would the Cs have to deal Rondo if they arent getting Paul?
    Yeah, if CP3 won't sign an extension (getting REALLY tired of typing that) in Boston then it'd off I assume. Unless Boston really likes Darren Collison and that old wily vet that helped them get a ring James Posey.