Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Ya I guess that's just a simpler way. Just meant they could always get Rondo in a 2 team trade with just them and Boston and ship Rondo off after if there looking to save money. If they can't get a good 3 way trade off or can't pull of any better deal with the same value than doubt they straight up reject Rondo because of trying to save money. Not like he's Luol Deng and they won't be able to save money\get value from Rondo and Rondo alone.
    Taking Rondo and flipping him means taking back equal salary. Trading Paul basically means that franchise is getting blown up. So they do it, they should bottom out, get the payroll as low as possible and have a core of solid young guys and get a high pick or two in the coming drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    What about this Celtics/Hornets/Blazers trade? Picks can be added as well, but those were the main salary pieces moving around.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pz83jy
    That's actually a really great trade all the way around if NO gets a couple picks.

That said, I think Rondo and Dwight would be amazing together for the future, and the Celtics need picks to be able to build well around them for the future.

I wouldn't mind that trade, but I'm happy with Rondo just the same.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Taking Rondo and flipping him means taking back equal salary. Trading Paul basically means that franchise is getting blown up. So they do it, they should bottom out, get the payroll as low as possible and have a core of solid young guys and get a high pick or two in the coming drafts.
    Hmm for an example couldn't NO land Rondo. Next week trade Rondo|Emeka to Denver for Lawson|Hamilton or whatever because Denver can take on the extra salary. They could dump Rondo to whatever team that has cap space basically and save money, right?. Trade Rondo to Indiana for George and a 1st round pick if they wanted value + savings.

I actually have no idea about NO. I think there's a shot they just let Paul expire because doesn't the NBA own them and probably cause a scene if he just get's dumped off to some good team .. witch is probably the only teams he's going to agree to re up with.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

What if Nene or Marc Gasol doesn't want to sign in Indiana, the Pacers are probably going to have to overpay them most likely. Who does Indiana go to as a Plan B after these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Hmm for an example couldn't NO land Rondo. Next week trade Rondo|Emeka to Denver for Lawson|Hamilton or whatever because Denver can take on the extra salary. They could dump Rondo to whatever team that has cap space basically and save money, right?. Trade Rondo to Indiana for George and a 1st round pick if they wanted value + savings.

I actually have no idea about NO. I think there's a shot they just let Paul expire because doesn't the NBA own them and probably cause a scene if he just get's dumped off to some good team .. witch is probably the only teams he's going to agree to re up with.
    One, I honestly don't know the timeline on how quick you can flip a guy with the new CBA. I don't know if it's that simple. Two, sure, maybe you could, but then you're doing the exact thing but in two separate transactions hoping you'll be able to pull it off. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

One, I honestly don't know the timeline on how quick you can flip a guy with the new CBA. I don't know if it's that simple. Two, sure, maybe you could, but then you're doing the exact thing but in two separate transactions hoping you'll be able to pull it off. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    True. Just meant 3 way trades can be tough to pull off and if NO does infact actually trade Paul can't see them turning down a Rondo like deal based on money alone because they can dump Rondo for savings\value down the line anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    What if Nene or Marc Gasol doesn't want to sign in Indiana, the Pacers are probably going to have to overpay them most likely. Who does Indiana go to as a Plan B after these guys?
    They'd still be under the cap able to take lopsided financial deals, draft picks, future trades. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

They'd still be under the cap able to take lopsided financial deals, draft picks, future trades. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    I'm just saying, what do they do if they can't land one of those guys? Who do you get at C after this? Tanking (Probably a bad word for it, but they wouldn't have a good record) and having a good draft pick and getting a guy like Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis isn't a bad thing though.

I'm just not sold on Rondo, seems like a product of having a 3 great teammates around him, maybe I'm just making this generalization because he can't shoot 3's worth shit, but I don't like him, and he's not a scoring threat to the Pacers either.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    memphis has enough salary cap to resign gasol and outmatch any offer sheet. in other words, i don't see gasol leaving memphis. good question...i don't know about that second part.

Just spitballing, but wonder if Indy could keep Hibbert, but send Collison + pick along w/ Boston's assets (picks) for their part of the deal, but also take back Okafor giving NO MAJOR financial relief?

Then Indy could just amnesty Okafor and have Rondo/George/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert. You can ask why NO wouldn't just amnesty Okafor themselves, but does a potential owner want to pay Okafor's 14 mil or whatever for the next 3 years? Pretty ugly debt there.

you cant amnesty any newly acquired players

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    you cant amnesty any newly acquired players
    well that's stupid. plus the salary floor anyway, NO'd have like a 12 dollar payroll if they lost Paul, West, and Okafor and just had picks and rookie deals to show for it.

Rondo is massively overrated, any pg in the league would look good with those team mates.
    Whatever team lands him will be sorely dissapointed unless they have a team full of future HoFs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Rondo is massively overrated, any pg in the league would look good with those team mates.
    Whatever team lands him will be sorely dissapointed unless they have a team full of future HoFs.....
    That's bullshit. You don't even watch enough Celtics games because if you did, you wouldn't be saying the rubbish you've spewed out. Rondo is a great defender? Fact. Rondo is a great playmaker who you want on your team to make oncourt decisions? Fact. Rondo is one of the best rebounding PGs, and is a walking triple-double machine? Fact. I acknowledge that his only glaring flaw is that he can't shoot the ball consistently, but that doesn't mean he is not an elite PG. The truth is, the big three have been playing off of Rondo ever since 2 seasons ago, not the other way round. If anything, the big three benefitted from playing with Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    That's bullshit. You don't even watch enough Celtics games because if you did, you wouldn't be saying the rubbish you've spewed out. Rondo is a great defender? Fact. Rondo is a great playmaker who you want on your team to make oncourt decisions? Fact. Rondo is one of the best rebounding PGs, and is a walking triple-double machine? Fact. I acknowledge that his only glaring flaw is that he can't shoot the ball consistently, but that doesn't mean he is not an elite PG. The truth is, the big three have been playing off of Rondo ever since 2 seasons ago, not the other way round. If anything, the big three benefitted from playing with Rondo.
    Calling Rondo elite is straight laughable, clearly you have rose coloured glasses on.
    Random person saying fact after everything doesn't infact, make it fact. FACT
    He's a good defender and rebounder, yes.
    He's a decent playmaker, but when you have 3 HoFers on the end of your passes it's impossible to guage how good he actually is. Put him in Phoenix instead of Nash and I guarentee he doesn't have anywhere near the assists.
    It's not a matter of not being able to shoot consistantly, he can't shoot at all... Ohh wait I forgot, fact!
    At the death he's a liability. How can an "elite" point guard not be counted on to have the ball in his hands when the games on the line. Dude has a career FT% of 62%. Show me one elite PG that can't even shoot free throws....