Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Pacers will offer West the max, and we will all use Lebowski's tears as fuel for our laughter.

#evilpost

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Pacers will offer West the max, and we will all use Lebowski's tears as fuel for our laughter.

#evilpost
    No they won't. Because I know where Larry Bird lives.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Are you joking? You realistically think Boston has a shot at grabbing D12 and CP3?
    Why not? Celtics has the talent(if CP3 comes over) and cap space to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They're not signing David West with absolutely no C and guys like Nene and Gasol out there. With the roster as is West makes some sense, w/ no Hibbert it doesn't.
    What do you think about how much Nene is worth? You would have to give him near the max

I just don't see how a player who is soon 30, with zero All Stars (Haven't been very close either) and zero All NBA teams deserves a max contract

Nene getting the max, DeAndre Jordan getting arround 10mill a year shows that the lockout was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    What do you think about how much Nene is worth? You would have to give him near the max

I just don't see how a player who is soon 30, with zero All Stars (Haven't been very close either) and zero All NBA teams deserves a max contract
    I haven't actually ran the numbers but in a Collison + Hibbert for Rondo trade some offhand mental math tells me the Pacers'd still have around $12 mil in cap room. I'd offer something around 4/45-50, he wants the max he can screw off. Offer Gasol something like 4/40, Memphis matches then just bank the cap room and get a 5 somewhere else.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

What about this Celtics/Hornets/Blazers trade? Picks can be added as well, but those were the main salary pieces moving around.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pz83jy

All of this Rondo for CP3 stuff is making me sick.

Hibbert is a interesting player. At times he looks like he will become an elite center, and other times you wonder what he will become. Pretty inconsistent player. It would be a tough call, but I might role the dice on Hibbert + Collison for Rondo. Rondo is a proven player and I think he will make a bigger impact on the Pacers than Darren and Hibbert would.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    All of this Rondo for CP3 stuff is making me sick.
    Why? If NO looks to trade and get something for Paul, Rondo is huge value. Boston is actually a team that I think Paul would agree to going too as well. Isn't perfect but makes sense. Not like it's a Knicks offer or a Clippers offer involving Kaman. Rondo is a young point, throw in Jeff Green and a few future 1st's and not that crazy. Boston isn't New York or Miami but it's not Minny or something.

Rondo is a good mix of value and location. Westbrook and Ibaka would be a better offer but would OKC do that? .. how many legit offers are out there that have both the value and the desired location? A team like Indiana could have the value but is Paul going to re-up there?

Of course if NO just let's Paul walk than it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Why? If NO looks to trade and get something for Paul, Rondo is huge value. Boston is actually a team that I think Paul would agree to going too as well. Isn't perfect but makes sense. Not like it's a Knicks offer or a Clippers offer involving Kaman. Rondo is a young point, throw in Jeff Green and a few future 1st's and not that crazy. Boston isn't New York or Miami but it's not Minny or something.

Rondo is a good mix of value and location. Westbrook and Ibaka would be a better offer but would OKC do that? .. how many legit offers are out there that have both the value and the desired location? A team like Indiana could have the value but is Paul going to re-up there?

Of course if NO just let's Paul walk than it's stupid.
    No, I realize that there is a real possibility of CP3 in Boston joined by Dwight Howard.

I really dont want to see that happen.

New Orleans doesn't want Rondo. They want young, super cheap assets. CP3's leaving, so jumpstart the rebuild. Get the payroll as low as possible, a really flexible roster as far as what direction to take it, and find a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    No, I realize that there is a real possibility of CP3 in Boston joined by Dwight Howard.

I really dont want to see that happen.
    Ohhhhh. It's late. Figured you meant like the idea of a deal getting done around Rondo makes you sick.

Yeah, either way I see it is Dwight Howard\CP3 are most likely ending up on a team that's already really good. Weather that be New York, L.A, Boston etc.

New Orleans doesn't want Rondo. They want young, super cheap assets. CP3's leaving, so jumpstart the rebuild. Get the payroll as low as possible, a really flexible roster as far as what direction to take it, and find a buyer.
    Problem is Chris Paul isn't going to re-up with a ton of teams most likely so that automatically takes a shit ton of teams that would be able to absorb all there bad contracts out. A team like Denver could take on Emeka\Chris Paul\Whatever giving them back like Lawson\Chandlers rights\Mosgov\Hamilton kinda thing. Doubt Chris Paul would be like ok I'll re-up in Denver so right off the bat those types of deal are probably off the table. Same with a team like Indiana. There not giving up like Hibbert|Collison|George for a guy who's not 100% on board with re-signing.

Thus leaving a team like Boston with Rondo. Good value and probably works out with Paul. If NO wants to save money all they have to do is move Rondo to another team for whatever they want. Flipping Rondo wouldn't be hard. Probably flip him for a decent young point on his rookie contract + picks + another prospect or something if they really wanted to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Problem is Chris Paul isn't going to re-up with a ton of teams most likely so that automatically takes a shit ton of teams that would be able to absorb all there bad contracts out. A team like Denver could take on Emeka\Chris Paul\Whatever giving them back like Lawson\Chandlers rights\Mosgov\Hamilton kinda thing. Doubt Chris Paul would be like ok I'll re-up in Denver so right off the bat those types of deal are probably off the table. Same with a team like Indiana. There not giving up like Hibbert|Collison|George for a guy who's not 100% on board with re-signing.

Thus leaving a team like Boston with Rondo. Good value and probably works out with Paul. If NO wants to save money all they have to do is move Rondo to another team for whatever they want. Flipping Rondo wouldn't be hard. Probably flip him for a decent young point on his rookie contract + picks + another prospect or something if they really wanted to save money.
    Orrrr they set up a 3 teamer like they're trying to do with young guys and picks going to NO and Rondo to a 3rd team with young cheap assets, like Indiana. NO wants to shed money, they're not doing that in a 2 teamer, but a team like Indiana, with ample cap space AND nice young pieces lets them do that.

Orrrr they set up a 3 teamer like they're trying to do with young guys and picks going to NO and Rondo to a 3rd team with young cheap assets, like Indiana. NO wants to shed money, they're not doing that in a 2 teamer, but a team like Indiana, with ample cap space AND nice young pieces lets them do that.
    Ya I guess that's just a simpler way. Just meant they could always get Rondo in a 2 team trade with just them and Boston and ship Rondo off after if there looking to save money. If they can't get a good 3 way trade off or can't pull of any better deal with the same value than doubt they straight up reject Rondo because of trying to save money. Not like he's Luol Deng and they won't be able to save money\get value from Rondo and Rondo alone.