Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe's Legacy If The Heat Embarrass Him

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Yeah I was about to say...If the heat got their asses handed to them then what do you call what happened to the Lakers? lol

Cant wait for the season to start so people can stop hating on everything...
    Beating a tired unmotivated team, oh and according to you a pass prime Kobe?

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Here is how Wade did vs Kobe last year

18 points on 6/17 (35.3 FG%), 6-6 FT
    20 points on 9/23 (39.1 FG%), 1-1 FT

I doubt Kobe will be embarrassed, he plays Wade good
    i thought wins were all that mattered for kobe fans.

heres how wade did against kobe last year.

wade - no losses to the lakers.

and if you watched that game wade missed 3 layups. the commentators were raving how he shut down bryant.

I would LOVE a Heat-LA Matchup in the Finalz but Stern would never in a million years allow it to happen.

No way he is gonna let his poster boy Kobe get embarrassed like that.

Sorry guys.

Still I would go crazy to watch a series like that and the ratings would be the highest ever probably.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    At least Kobe made it to The Finals 3 times in a role prior to that.
    Shhhhh Keep Heat fans wondering...... Kobe sucks because he failed to lead his team to 4 straight finals and 3 straight titles with just one other all star

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    I would LOVE a Heat-LA Matchup in the Finalz but Stern would never in a million years allow it to happen.

No way he is gonna let his poster boy Kobe get embarrassed like that.

Sorry guys.

Still I would go crazy to watch a series like that and the ratings would be the highest ever probably.

Oh wow by the amount of FT's Miami got in the Finals I would've think that Wade was the Poster child. But on the side not. I want this to happen sooo bad! win or lose, its going down in History

NBA rookie of the year

LeBron made the Finals with Boobie friggin' Gibson as his no.2 option (lol), not sure why Kobe needs a medal for not making the Finals with Gasol, Odom, Artest, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Shhhhh Keep Heat fans wondering...... Kobe sucks because he failed to lead his team to 4 straight finals and 3 straight titles with just a top 3 supporting cast and the best frontcourt in the league (Gasol/Bynum/Odom)
    Fixd...

Cmon.. those LA teams were and are still one of the best Casts in the league.

Making the Finals is always impressive but dont act like Kobe didn't have a good team around him.

I hate that ish..

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Here is how Wade did vs Kobe last year

18 points on 6/17 (35.3 FG%), 6-6 FT
    20 points on 9/23 (39.1 FG%), 1-1 FT

I doubt Kobe will be embarrassed, he plays Wade good
    Those numbers are misleading. While Wade didn't shoot well, it was clear as day he was the superior player. He constantly got in the paint and broke the Lakers' defense down.

To answer the original question, the only way Kobe hurts his legacy is if the Lakers' big men are having their way with the Heat and he suddenly turns back the clock to the 2004 Finals. At this point in his career, I would hope Kobe's better than that. I guess you never know though.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Would Kobe be better off not wanting a piece of the Heat in the Finals?

It was embarrassing enough seeing the Heat beat up on the Lakers in the regular season as is, the sight of LeBron and Wade walking all over Kobe in the Finals ... would really damage his legacy I think.

Perhaps that's why the Lakers went down so easily to the Mavs.
    Regardless of losing or not, making another finals appearance will not hurt his legacy.

LeBron made the Finals with Boobie friggin' Gibson as his no.2 option (lol), not sure why Kobe needs a medal for not making the Finals with Gasol, Odom, Artest, etc.
    Yeah in the Leastern Conference. But they quickly found out things wearnt the same in the WC

At least the Heat beat the Mavs a couple of times. Kobe seems to get a pass for getting swept like a total chump, lol.

Heat had a good first year together and will now be accustomed to playing together.
    What did he do prior to that?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Those numbers are misleading. While Wade didn't shoot well, it was clear as day he was the superior player. He constantly got in the paint and broke the Lakers' defense down.

To answer the original question, the only way Kobe hurts his legacy is if the Lakers' big men are having their way with the Heat and he suddenly turns back the clock to the 2004 Finals. At this point in his career, I would hope Kobe's better than that. I guess you never know though.
    yes I know, just I'm saying he wouldn't get embarrassed

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Yeah in the Leastern Conference. But they quickly found out things wearnt the same in the WC
    I don't think Kobe would've even made the playoffs with that group LeBron had.

He couldn't with just Odom + Butler, who are much better than anyone LeBron had on that Cavs team.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Regardless of losing or not, making another finals appearance will not hurt his legacy.
    Yeah I think what might hurt his legacy a little bit (not much since he has won multiple championships) is if they have trouble getting to the finals. The West is getting tougher and tougher. If they start becoming quick exits or maybe 1 year dont make the playoffs type of deal things may start looking bad. Other than that he just has to keep chugging along.

And of course injury is never good.
    Last edited by SunsCaptain; 11-29-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I don't think Kobe would've even made the playoffs with that group LeBron had.

He couldn't with just Odom + Butler, who are much better than anyone LeBron had on that Cavs team.