Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Boussard: CP3 to Knicks very improbable. Most likely destination Clippers?

My sources say Wilt Chamberlain is considering rising from the grave to play spot minutes for the Clippers.

Default Re: Chris Boussard: CP3 to Knicks very improbable. Most likely destination Clippers?

If CP3 wants to sign with the Knicks he will sign with them and there is nothing that can stop him.

Clippers or some other team have good assets and are willing to trade them for CP3 ? Fine,he won't sign extension unless the trade is coming from NY.

I don't say he only wants to go to Knicks,but my point is clear - If he wants to be a Knick - he will be a Knick

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    stop with the threads. ak47, dwight and chris paul all to the clippers?
    this.

it would be nice if he kept these on the clippers forum...his homerism has no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    stop with the threads. ak47, dwight and chris paul all to the clippers?
    Clippers lineup in 2012-13:

Chris Paul
    Eric Gordon
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Blake Griffin
    Dwight Howard

Decent college freshman

I don't want to be one of those delusional Knicks fans that acts like playing in New York is worth leaving tens of millions on the table. According to Hollinger, he's losing $40 million by signing with New York instead of getting the extension. I am sure if another team trades for him or if New Orleans tries to hold on to him, there is a very high chance that he signs the extension.

This is kind of a frustrating situation for me because I think our best chance at getting him could be making a trade where we offer New Orleans salary relief, and I don't want to see another late trade where our post season is completely messed up. So either we get him that way or we probably don't get him.

I love Chris Paul's game, and I wish there were a way to get him on the Knicks, but I'm not looking forward to the drama, and I don't think he'd be willing to give up $40 million.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I don't want to be one of those delusional Knicks fans that acts like playing in New York is worth leaving tens of millions on the table. According to Hollinger, he's losing $40 million by signing with New York instead of getting the extension. I am sure if another team trades for him or if New Orleans tries to hold on to him, there is a very high chance that he signs the extension.

This is kind of a frustrating situation for me because I think our best chance at getting him could be making a trade where we offer New Orleans salary relief, and I don't want to see another late trade where our post season is completely messed up. So either we get him that way or we probably don't get him.

I love Chris Paul's game, and I wish there were a way to get him on the Knicks, but I'm not looking forward to the drama, and I don't think he'd be willing to give up $40 million.
    Forming a super team in New York would make his endorsement income skyrocket.
    I think he would get as much money in New York as anywhere else.

But if you ask me I'm not so hyped about watching him on the Knicks.
    He is a great player and no one can deny that.
    But if we sign him then we basically have no room to sign anyone else.
    Also he is often injured.

I would rather have D-Will,who also has some injury problems,than CP3.

Maybe it would be better for us to keep our core of Melo and Amare and surround them with defensive players and make a deep team who will get along well.
    Who knows,only time will tell.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    this.

it would be nice if he kept these on the clippers forum...his homerism has no bounds.
    Yup. U MAD dude. You were mad all season long and you better believe you got a target on the back of your fat head from me this season. When the Clippers do turn the corner I'm gonna be putting your ass on blast left and right for all the crap you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    If CP3 wants to sign with the Knicks he will sign with them and there is nothing that can stop him.

Clippers or some other team have good assets and are willing to trade them for CP3 ? Fine,he won't sign extension unless the trade is coming from NY.

I don't say he only wants to go to Knicks,but my point is clear - If he wants to be a Knick - he will be a Knick
    This is exactly what I think. No rule can stop him from signing with NY. I hope NO doesn't piss him off because it's going to be Melos situation all over again. Thing is, he won't force his way to NY by talking with them behind the scenes and forcing a trade.....he'll just reject whatever deal a team throws at him and wait it out until he can sign with whoever he wants. New Orleans is beyond ****ed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Absolutely. If it's left up to CP3 he WILL choose Knicks. Problem is given the circumstances like CP3 likely being a sign and trade... and the fact that NY has no assets... it's very unlikely NY can make a play for him.
    If the Clippers are dumb enough to trade away assets to acquire CP3 without an extension, they deserve to be snakebitten if he leaves in Free Agency to sign in New York. What it will boil down to is whether or not CP3 is going to sign an extension with any team New Orleans talks a trade with. What we do know is that he'd sign an extension to join the Knicks or Magic, but every other team is nothing more than speculation and it will be his decision to direct his career.

Trust me, if CP3 wants to be a Clipper. New Orleans will have that deal done & CP3 will have his extension signed to make that deal go through. In the process of joining Eric Gordon & Blake Griffin for a team to contend for Western Conference Titles, he will be passing up an opportunity to join his friends Melo & Amare in New York. Does he want to do that? I dont know, that is for him to decide.

Do you know why I think he will become a Knick? Because in the midst of searching for the best offer for CP3, they will reach an impasse behind whether or not CP3 will sign an extension to play for that team. This is where the Knicks come in to the picture. Our "best" trade assets in Iman Shumpert, Landry Fields, & Tony Douglas aren't exactly the best collection of young talent to replace a Franchise player but they are at the very least something to have at a cheap price in their rebuilding process. Just like with Denver, you have to make the decision of taking what you can get although it isn't the best you can get or getting nothing back in return.

Now lets talk Chauncey Billups expiring contract paired along with the expiring contracts of Ronny Turiaf, Bill Walker, Renaldo Balkman, Derrick Brown, Shawne Williams, & Andy Rautins. Would New Orleans not want to part with Emeka Okafor's contract in the process too? He's due $40 Million and hes nearing 30. That is something that their GM will have to evaluate as well considering regardless of trading CP3 in 2 weeks, at the Trade Deadline, or letting him leave in Free Agency is the certainty that New Orleans faces a rebuilding project on their hands. Is Emeka Okafor at $13 Million per year apart of that future? I'd think not. I'd think New Orleans would want nothing more than to be far under the cap with the ability to assemble an entirely new cast of players in Free Agency next summer to go with a high draft pick.

Now if a team trades away their assets for CP3 without wanting him to sign an extension, then what I posted is irrelevant. New Orleans would get what they want and whatever team who made that risky move will do their best to sell CP3 on staying there longterm. That trick is definetly up the sleeve of Mark Cuban who has nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    If the Clippers are dumb enough to trade away assets to acquire CP3 without an extension, they deserve to be snakebitten if he leaves in Free Agency to sign in New York. What it will boil down to is whether or not CP3 is going to sign an extension with any team New Orleans talks a trade with. What we do know is that he'd sign an extension to join the Knicks or Magic, but every other team is nothing more than speculation and it will be his decision to direct his career.

Trust me, if CP3 wants to be a Clipper. New Orleans will have that deal done & CP3 will have his extension signed to make that deal go through. In the process of joining Eric Gordon & Blake Griffin for a team to contend for Western Conference Titles, he will be passing up an opportunity to join his friends Melo & Amare in New York. Does he want to do that? I dont know, that is for him to decide.

Do you know why I think he will become a Knick? Because in the midst of searching for the best offer for CP3, they will reach an impasse behind whether or not CP3 will sign an extension to play for that team. This is where the Knicks come in to the picture. Our "best" trade assets in Iman Shumpert, Landry Fields, & Tony Douglas aren't exactly the best collection of young talent to replace a Franchise player but they are at the very least something to have at a cheap price in their rebuilding process. Just like with Denver, you have to make the decision of taking what you can get although it isn't the best you can get or getting nothing back in return.

Now lets talk Chauncey Billups expiring contract paired along with the expiring contracts of Ronny Turiaf, Bill Walker, Renaldo Balkman, Derrick Brown, Shawne Williams, & Andy Rautins. Would New Orleans not want to part with Emeka Okafor's contract in the process too? He's due $40 Million and hes nearing 30. That is something that their GM will have to evaluate as well considering regardless of trading CP3 in 2 weeks, at the Trade Deadline, or letting him leave in Free Agency is the certainty that New Orleans faces a rebuilding project on their hands. Is Emeka Okafor at $13 Million per year apart of that future? I'd think not. I'd think New Orleans would want nothing more than to be far under the cap with the ability to assemble an entirely new cast of players in Free Agency next summer to go with a high draft pick.

Now if a team trades away their assets for CP3 without wanting him to sign an extension, then what I posted is irrelevant. New Orleans would get what they want and whatever team who made that risky move will do their best to sell CP3 on staying there longterm. That trick is definetly up the sleeve of Mark Cuban who has nothing to lose.
    The whole point is CP3 has supposedly said he WILL sign an extension for the Clippers prior to trade. So we aren't risking assets to lose him. I have a dead serious question for Knicks fans and I want you to be HONEST.

Which trio is likely to be more successful over the next decade, have more chemistry and have more balance among themselves.

CP3
    Gordon
    Griffin

or

CP3
    Melo
    Amare

As a PG which duo is likely to flow with your game more. Ball movement, defense etc.

Decent college freshman

I highly, highly doubt the difference between playing for the Knicks and playing for the Clippers is worth $40 million to him. If the Clippers trade for him, he will extend. In fact, I would bet he'd extend with nearly any team. If the Knicks want him, they will have to trade to trade for him and Chris Paul will have to play his cards right like Melo did and bluff like he'd consider not signing the extension. What a headache this is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I highly, highly doubt the difference between playing for the Knicks and playing for the Clippers is worth $40 million to him. If the Clippers trade for him, he will extend. In fact, I would bet he'd extend with nearly any team. If the Knicks want him, they will have to trade to trade for him and Chris Paul will have to play his cards right like Melo did and bluff like he'd consider not signing the extension. What a headache this is going to be.
    To end up in NY CP3 basically has to pull a Melo like you said. Demand the Knicks and say he will refuse to sign any other deal. Unless Stern just wants to hand the Knicks future championships... in that case he will trade CP3 to NY for peanuts. If that happens there would be league wide outrage from owners who thought this CBA was going to help prevent the Miami and NY situation.

This guy will be worse than PB if Clippers start winning games

People want to play for the Lakers, not Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Forming a super team in New York would make his endorsement income skyrocket.
    I think he would get as much money in New York as anywhere else.

But if you ask me I'm not so hyped about watching him on the Knicks.
    He is a great player and no one can deny that.
    But if we sign him then we basically have no room to sign anyone else.
    Also he is often injured.

I would rather have D-Will,who also has some injury problems,than CP3.

Maybe it would be better for us to keep our core of Melo and Amare and surround them with defensive players and make a deep team who will get along well.
    Who knows,only time will tell.
    The only problem behind that is our 2 best players are scorers at the Forward positions who don't have the reputation for consistent defensive effort. As many have noted, there has not been a successful team with this dynamic of 2 scoring Forwards. The closest I can think of is Irving/Barkley & Bird/McHale, but even with those comparisons they aren't anything like this situation with Melo & Amare.

With all being said we'll have $20 Million in cap room to spend on assembling "defensive players" to go with those 2. The bad part is that we'll need 9 roster spots filled and then have a small exception($2.5 Million) for when we do hit the point we go over the cap.

I've heard the scenario of grabbing 2 of the Celtics Big 3 in KG & Ray Allen next summer, and then Steve Nash. We'd be old as dirt but have that defensive "edge" along with a Championship mentality. I could live with that experiment for a year or 2 if we put together a young bench and maybe we could get past Miami.

I've heard the scenario of signing Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden, Roy Hibbert, or Robin Lopez to "anchor" the post at Center. Then bringing back Felton to play PG. Im not really sold on that idea, but I would think that would keep us in the hunt firmly behind Miami in the East.

cp3 would definitely be a better fit than howard, and will probably cost less