Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Chris Boussard: CP3 to Knicks very improbable. Most likely destination Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Now apparently every superstar on the league is going to end up in the Clippers, but i don't see any animosity towards clippers fans, not that it should happen, nothing wrong with hoping that superstars go to your team, but hey double standards.
    There were a lot of bitter people last night. I'm sure the threads are still up somewhere on the 1st or 2nd page.

Default Re: Chris Boussard: CP3 to Knicks very improbable. Most likely destination Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    There were a lot of bitter people last night. I'm sure the threads are still up somewhere on the 1st or 2nd page.
    I miss it, but you guys aren't getting the same amount of hate, my point stands.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I miss it, but you guys aren't getting the same amount of hate, my point stands.
    In general of course Knicks fans are more hated. That has to do with the Clippers being off the radar before now. Most people still think "Clippers aren't going to do anything" so in their mind nothing to hate on.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    LOL all the other big trade rumors get stickied besides the Clipper related one. Go figure.....
    Its kuz Chris Boussard is just blowing smoke LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    How will Paul "force thier hand" .. only by refusing to extend. Doesn't force a hand, it tells them in advance -- I will not be here next year.

Trades for young all-star types are the WORST TRADES IMAGINABLE. You get to be less good than you were but not bad enough to rebuild. Those trades are easy to sell (Hey, we traded shaq, but at least we Butler back -- he's a guy who will be top 20 one day) but they do not work...and that Shaq-Caron trade was a great one. Normally you'd only get Caron (young AS) and Grant (rotatin replacement) they also got Odom, becuase Shaq was the best player on the planet, which CP3 is not. Howard is close.

You are better off committing to a full blown suck. If you want to start sucking early, trade your guy for picks and space (see Utah), but I say, enjoy the last year for whatits worth.

I'll take the Cleveland method.
    He forces their hand because they know they will lose him for nothing otherwise.

I agree in general in not trading for players that will make your team mediocre but that is not the case here.

Gordon is a great piece but isn't going to keep you in the 8-10 seed spot by himself... he is a good building block.

The Minnesota pick nets you a possible franchise player.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    I agree in general in not trading for players that will make your team mediocre but that is not the case here.
    RIGHT ON!

Gordon is a great piece but isn't going to keep you in the 8-10 seed spot by himself... he is a good building block.
    You say it yourself -- he won't keep you in even the 8-10 spot...so then WTF do you need him for? PLUS, you have to show your fans a commitment to wining (blah blah blah) so here is Gordon's extension 4 yrs $48 million on top of Okafor's $10per remaining + resiging West, 5yrs $55-- and now you're maxed out, locked in for a bunch of yrs with your mediocre team. Gordon-West-Oak.

The Minnesota pick nets you a possible franchise player.
    I like getting picks...but I'm NO, I let D.West go and ride CP3 out. I'll have a bad year or 2 but I'll have cap room and picks to do a full on rebuild.

If I feel I NEED to trade CP3, rather then just enjoy his last year, my focus is on shedding Okafor with him. Its NOT about getting a young AS.

CP3 will either sign with the Knicks outright, or the Hornets will get smart and just take Landry Fields and some garbage for him.