Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: ISH All time top 25 Forwards voting. #10. John Havlicek vs Lebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Then name them. Also provide your reasons why.
    Too easy.

Erving and Bird played in the same era. I'd take both over James. So would anyone that watched all of them play.

Baylor and Havlicek. Depends what position you list Oscar Robertson as playing.

There may be more from other eras, but those came immediately to mind and I've got a plate of leftovers waiting for me.

Default Re: ISH All time top 25 Forwards voting. #10. John Havlicek vs Lebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Too easy.

Erving and Bird played in the same era. I'd take both over James. So would anyone that watched all of them play.

Baylor and Havlicek. Depends what position you list Oscar Robertson as playing.

There may be more from other eras, but those came immediately to mind and I've got a plate of leftovers waiting for me.
    Both are over Lebron, because they had illustrious careers and were considered the best of their time. Lebron has a decent chance surpassing both of them. Baylor? Maybe since he pioneered over-the-rim play. Hondo? Nope. I'd rather have Barry as my franchise player over Hondo.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Both are over Lebron, because they had illustrious careers and were considered the best of their time. Lebron has a decent chance surpassing both of them. Baylor? Maybe since he pioneered over-the-rim play. Hondo? Nope. I'd rather have Barry as my franchise player over Hondo.
    You wanted me to name multiple SF from the same era that I'd take over James. Did just that. Sorry it didn't make you happy.

Oh yeah, missed Barry. Thanks for the reminder. I'd take him as well.

Despite a selfish reputation, managed to elevate teammates and win championships.

Why is James the only guy immune from the "didn't win championships" argument? Hell, Wilt won two and it's used to bash him.
    Last edited by JMT; 11-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.

You wanted me to name multiple SF from the same era that I'd take over James. Did just that. Sorry it didn't make you happy.

Despite a selfish reputation, managed to elevate teammates and win championships.

Why is James the only guy immune from the "didn't win championships" argument? Hell, Wilt won two and it's used to bash him.
    No. In fact he is bashed, insulted for not winning a title.

There's nothing to discuss with you anymore. I'm out.

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

Is there any chance we'll continue doing this?

College superstar

LeBron James.

I scoff at any other notion. Hondo came into the league and joined a team with 5 other HOFers. They won titles in a league that had NINE TEAMS. That team would have won titles with me instead of Hondo.

He came off the bench for a long period. You are seriously taking a 6th man over the best player in the league?

What did Hondo ever lead the league in? NOTHING. NOT EVEN CLOSE. EVER (Minutes a few times).

I join the legions that question how Hondo could have possibly beat Dirk.

John Havlicek.

Until lebron shows me that he can lead/co-lead a team to a championship, i cannot rank him over hondo.

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

The way I counted, Hondo has 20 votes, and LeBron 17

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    LeBron James.

How many Hall of Famers did Hondo play with?

Laughable to place Hondo's team accomplishments on a dominant Celtics team pre-merger as what makes him a greater player than LeBron.
    I guess you forgot who Lebron is currently playing with?

Hondo FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    Is there any chance we'll continue doing this?
    Probably no.

Majority of the posters here believe the list is fukked up.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Easily Hondo at this point. Its laughable to rank Lebron over Dirk all time as well.

Couldn't agree more. Hondo easily.

Because it's leBron, if he doesnt have it then it's not legit. Haven't you heard. LBJ can go down as the PER king tho.....thats good enough for his fans i suppose.

LeBron just need at least 1 Finals MVP. He's going to surpass Hondo. Same with Wade who needs at least 1 regular season MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron just need at least 1 Finals MVP. He's going to surpass Hondo. Same with Wade who needs at least 1 regular season MVP.
    Wade dont need any Reg season MVP.... He's proven champ and Goes HAM in the palyoffs. FMVP > MVP