6.6 Reb
    7.9 Ast
    2 Stl

2nd threepeat finals

31 ppg 53 TS%
    5.4 Reb
    4.2 Ast
    1.6 Stl

This is like the difference between Lebron James and Danny Granger. Is it me or 2nd threepeat Jordan seemed sucky in comparison with his 1st threepeat self.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: Michael Jordan 1st threepeat finals vs 2nd threepeat finals

Finally

ISH forumers are learning.

The only comparison to MJ is MJ & Copy Cryant should not even be mentioned in any MJ comparisons.

good thread BTW.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    1st threepeat finals

36ppg 59 TS%
    6.6 Reb
    7.9 Ast
    2 Stl

2nd threepeat finals

31 ppg 53 TS%
    5.4 Reb
    4.2 Ast
    1.6 Stl

This is like the difference between Lebron James and Danny Granger. Is it me or 2nd threepeat Jordan seemed sucky in comparison with his 1st threepeat self.
    Check Jordan's age from 96 to 98. He was old by NBA standards.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Finally

ISH forumers are learning.

The only comparison to MJ is MJ & Copy Cryant should not even be mentioned in any MJ comparisons.

good thread BTW.

Why you gotta go and start trash talking? If this turns into the usual sh*t Jordan vs Kobe troll thread, it'll be your fault this time.

1st threepeat finals

36ppg 59 TS%
    6.6 Reb
    7.9 Ast
    2 Stl

2nd threepeat finals

31 ppg 53 TS%
    5.4 Reb
    4.2 Ast
    1.6 Stl

He was more of a team player in the 2nd threepeat and didn't force things to score as much as he did in the first one.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

2nd 3 peat jordan was a masterpiece.

1st threepeat finals

36ppg 59 TS%
    6.6 Reb
    7.9 Ast
    2 Stl

2nd threepeat finals

31 ppg 53 TS%
    5.4 Reb
    4.2 Ast
    1.6 Stl

Meh..

it all about..

17PPG 6AST 7REB 4TO

__________________________________________________ ___________

Oh just curious......since winning doesn't matter, I was wondering where MJ would rank if he put up those stats but LOST in the Finals everytime.....while choking.

where would you guys have him ranked....think about it.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Why you gotta go and start trash talking? If this turns into the usual sh*t Jordan vs Kobe troll thread, it'll be your fault this time.
    LOL

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    He was more of a team player in the 2nd threepeat and didn't force things to score as much as he did in the first one.
    That's complete bullshit, frankly. The first three-peat team NEEDED him to score more, since they were less offensively potent outside of MJ than the second 3-peat team, and they were facing more potent offensive teams to boot. Pippen, for example, managed just 21 ppg/43% FG against the Suns in the '93 Finals. That's not going to get it done as a second option against high-octane offenses like Chicago faced in the Finals during the first three-peat. Hence, MJ had to score more and shouldered more responsibility offensively in general during the first three-peat as compared to the second.

This is not to say that he could have duplicated his first 3-peat performances at age 33-35 if called upon to do so, because he couldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    That's not true, at least in the finals where he practically took the same amount of shots as in his 1st threepeat finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He played two different styles in them. Obviously Jordan as a slasher was better than Jordan as a mid range shooter.

i know im in the minority but i really like watching videos of older skilled players like second threepeat Jordan and current Kobe, with their amazing footwork and clever use of pumpfakes.

Maybe because I've always lacked athleticism and explosiveness, but I admire being able to catch the ball, survey the scene, make two-three power dribbles, then pumpfake/create space/fadeaway for a bucket. When I see guys like Brandon Jennings in street games cross over 7 times 25 feet from the hoop before doing a move that has nothing to do with the previous crossovers, it's kidna annoying. I like that current Kobe and 98 Jordan, they need 4 seconds and 2-3 moves after catching the ball to do something. They look for the opening and then go for it.

And it's quite simple really once you've mastered the footwork and J: triple threat position, jab step one way, dribble the other, pump fake once or twice, elevate. All these kiddies wasting their damn energy crossing over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He played two different styles in them. Obviously Jordan as a slasher was better than Jordan as a mid range shooter.
    Jordan had a patented mid-range shot during the first threepeat as well.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Maybe not 96, but

In 97, he hit a game winning shot to win Game 1. Almost had a triple double (38, 13 and 9 while shooting 55% from field) in Game 2. The stomach flu game was Game 5 (this may be his greatest game PERIOD when considering the circumstances). And he had the game winning assist to Steve Kerr to win the title in Chicago.

^^ That's a career defining series, folks. Only in MJ's case, that was his 4th best Finals.

In 98, came on strong near the end of the game to win Game 2. Helped his team win by 42 points in Game 3. Led his team to win Game 4 and lead the series 3-1. And with Scottie playing hurt, he played brilliantly down the stretch (shot, steal, shot) to steal the win on the road in Utah.

Some of the world's best players would kill to have 2 series like this under their resume. Sometimes the numbers get it wrong. Sometimes the numbers look better than the performances. It's the opposite in MJ's case for 97 and 98.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 09-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i know im in the minority but i really like watching videos of older skilled players like second threepeat Jordan and current Kobe, with their amazing footwork and clever use of pumpfakes.

Maybe because I've always lacked athleticism and explosiveness, but I admire being able to catch the ball, survey the scene, make two-three power dribbles, then pumpfake/create space/fadeaway for a bucket. When I see guys like Brandon Jennings in street games cross over 7 times 25 feet from the hoop before doing a move that has nothing to do with the previous crossovers, it's kidna annoying. I like that current Kobe and 98 Jordan, they need 4 seconds and 2-3 moves after catching the ball to do something. They look for the opening and then go for it.

And it's quite simple really once you've mastered the footwork and J: triple threat position, jab step one way, dribble the other, pump fake once or twice, elevate. All these kiddies wasting their damn energy crossing over.
    I'm with you. Over the years, I've actually come to appreciate the 30+ Jordan moreso than the younger one. He had mastered the mental aspects of the game to make up for decline in physical ability.