Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Heat to chase Sam Dalembert, Shane Battier

So I assume that the Heat are no longer chasing Battier?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    So I assume that the Heat are no longer chasing Battier?
    Think they want both.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I almost feel like Miami might end up with Kwame Brown. It really depends on what they think about Mike Miller's health going forward. If he's healthy, Miller is a great fit with Miami and I wouldn't throw him aside just for Dalembert.

College superstar

Why don't people look into what is actually possible before posting this stuff?

The new CBA was put into effect to stop teams like Miami from getting everyone. Its especially punitive to them. There is no MLE for luxury tax teams. So their max MLE is ~3M. They can amnesty Miller and get a full MLE of 5M. But it makes no sense to me to do that and other reports scoff at such a notion. So they have a 3M salary to offer. After that they will only be able to offer the league min.

Dalembert has taken it upon himself to help the Haiti recovery and he knows what millions of dollars can do for his country. Its possible he doesn't get a lot of big offers but its tough to imagine someone doesn't pony up a lot more than that. Even if it does fly, it leaves zero above the league min for Battier. Which seems highly unlikely to be sufficient. I think this is more of an either/or situation.

And what happens if the Lakers get Howard? Do you trust Dalembert/Anthony/Bosh to contend with Pau and Howard? And thats a best case scenario, getting Dalembert.

They are getting Sammy. Mark my words

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

The new CBA was put into effect to stop teams like Miami from getting everyone. Its especially punitive to them. There is no MLE for luxury tax teams. So their max MLE is ~3M. They can amnesty Miller and get a full MLE of 5M. But it makes no sense to me to do that and other reports scoff at such a notion. So they have a 3M salary to offer. After that they will only be able to offer the league min.

Dalembert has taken it upon himself to help the Haiti recovery and he knows what millions of dollars can do for his country. Its possible he doesn't get a lot of big offers but its tough to imagine someone doesn't pony up a lot more than that. Even if it does fly, it leaves zero above the league min for Battier. Which seems highly unlikely to be sufficient. I think this is more of an either/or situation.

And what happens if the Lakers get Howard? Do you trust Dalembert/Anthony/Bosh to contend with Pau and Howard? And thats a best case scenario, getting Dalembert.
    no, their max MLE is 5 MIL

They are under the luxury tax

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated
    no, their max MLE is 5 MIL

They are under the luxury tax
    You are wrong. 5M would put them INTO the tax. You no longer get a MLE into the luxury tax. They have a 3M MLE (which would take them to the luxury tax threshold) unless they amnesty someone which would be silly since they aren't paying a single bad contract.

College superstar

...stay under the luxury tax line, which is expected to be right about where it was last season at $70.3 million. The owners wanted to make any team that was over that line unable to use the full mid-level exception, including if using that money pushed a team into the tax zone.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Dalembert would be a solid addition for the Heat.
    I am not sure why they go after Shane as well. Yes great player but how can they use him to his fullest extend?

The rich will get richer in any case.

You are wrong. 5M would put them INTO the tax. You no longer get a MLE into the luxury tax. They have a 3M MLE (which would take them to the luxury tax threshold) unless they amnesty someone which would be silly since they aren't paying a single bad contract.
    [QUOTE]The biggest move was owners allowing teams that are not more than $4 million over the luxury tax line to use the full mid-level exception of $5 million, according to multiple reports. That $4 million window makes a world of difference for the Heat and should allow them to:

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    Dalembert will ask for more than MLE... I'm not sure the Heat can afford him
    Why? He seems to like the idea of going there.

Banned

This thread is from July and was posted by Jeff.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Not according to heat reporters
    I saw a few links that say otherwise. I guess since the CBA hasn't even been signed yet the details are a little sketchy.

College superstar

I especially doubt this part:

players who are waived by the via the amnesty clause elsewhere.

Dalembert? Bosh.O

Are they adding him so Bosh looks tough compared to somebody else?