Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Heat to chase Sam Dalembert, Shane Battier

I doubt Sammy D settles for the MLE

This is his last big payday.

Kings have said they want to keep him and have plenty of cap space to do it. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Sactown. He's going to get more than the MLE. If there is an MLE.

Banned

Options are wide open for Dalembert. He can get more than the MLE AND have a chance to a) contend for a title next season and b) eventually be a part of a fruitful rebuild situation if he signed with Boston. Maloofs state they're motivated to keep him on board but the Kings are still years away from righting the ship. I doubt he wants to be mired in obscurity with a team whose future is completely up in the air right now. If he can get paid and go to a contender, rest assured he'll jump at the chance.

No way he winds up in Miami. No way whatsoever. Battier, maybe.

Heat can't afford either player.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

This will be me if we somehow get both of them

Our defense shoots right through the roof with both onboard..

To the poster who questions why battier? Why play bron that many minutes? You can easily reduce bron mpg to 35. And that's just in general not so much due to battier.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I doubt Sammy D settles for the MLE

This is his last big payday.
    Why didnt Ron Artest chase his last big payday instead of taking the MLE?

Decent playground baller

starface

Quote Originally Posted by Underballer
    starface

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I don't really get why they would want Battier, yeah of course he's a solid defender but with Lebron playing 42~ minutes a game being a very solid defender himself aswell, Wade and Bosh to play 40 a game.. Haslem and Miller trying to get theirs.. Where does he fit in?

Seems to me they just need a center..
    LeBron's minutes need to be cut down. There is no need for him to play around 42 mpg. That will just exhaust him come playoff time and his groupies will just hang on to that as an excuse if he fails once again.

Battier would be a great fit but I don't expect us to sign him.

Sammy D is a very good possibility granted he's willing to sign for the MLE and I don't see why he would be opposed to signing here. He has the IQ of a rock but either way he's an upgrade over Joel.

He can at least finish plays and rebound at a decent level while Joel has bricks for hands and no understanding of defensive positioning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    LeBron's minutes need to be cut down. There is no need for him to play around 42 mpg. That will just exhaust him come playoff time and his groupies will just hang on to that as an excuse if he fails once again.

Battier would be a great fit but I don't expect us to sign him.

Sammy D is a very good possibility granted he's willing to sign for the MLE and I don't see why he would be opposed to signing here. He has the IQ of a rock but either way he's an upgrade over Joel.

He can at least finish plays and rebound at a decent level while Joel has bricks for hands and no understanding of defensive positioning.
    You're probably the only person who thinks he'd be willing to sign for the MLE, and who doesn't see why he wouldn't sign there.

And you're a Heat fan, so of course you'd think those things.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dalembert would probably help them the most, I don't see how Battier is that much better than Jones/Miller, especially when you consider that he'd only get at most 20 minutes in the playoffs since Lebron and Wade will be playing 40+.

If I'm Miami, I'd look into trading Miller or Jones for Randy Foye. He can create a bit off the dribble, shoot, defend reasonably well, and would give them some production at the 1 and work as a reasonable sixth man and basically be their Eddie House or Shannon Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Dalembert would probably help them the most, I don't see how Battier is that much better than Jones/Miller, especially when you consider that he'd only get at most 20 minutes in the playoffs since Lebron and Wade will be playing 40+.

If I'm Miami, I'd look into trading Miller or Jones for Randy Foye. He can create a bit off the dribble, shoot, defend reasonably well, and would give them some production at the 1 and work as a reasonable sixth man and basically be their Eddie House or Shannon Brown.
    dude, eddie house opted in on his contract. I was hard on mike miller during the season, but i don't want him gone now. His rebounding and hustle plays are key. I remember when lebron/bosh/wade were injured last season, we didn't have bodies for a long stretch, forced lebron/wade/bosh to play injured just to be competitive. Battier can help out in situations like this.

NBA rookie of the year

If a similiar version of the Mid Level remains in the next CBA, Miami has a good shot at signing Dalembert. I'm pretty sure he lives in South Florida in the off-season as well.

Sam Dalembert can rebound and block shots and he's not 40 years old like the other centers that the Heat has.... GREAT FIT.

Shane is only good for cutting Lebron's minutes but he would be a shit like defense and leadership which is always good. They need to trade Mike Miller but he was playing hurt last year so maybe he might starting hittting mad shots next year or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I don't really get why they would want Battier, yeah of course he's a solid defender but with Lebron playing 42~ minutes a game being a very solid defender himself aswell, Wade and Bosh to play 40 a game.. Haslem and Miller trying to get theirs.. Where does he fit in?

Seems to me they just need a center..
    maybe thats the reason why. to cut Lebron's minutes

Lebron did average like 45MPG in the playoffs