Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #46
CoastalRyan
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Lakers and Spurs Blockbuster Trade Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Spurs are in no position to negotiate when their star player refuses to play for them + has an injury question mark tattoed to his forehead.

So, given these COLD HARD FACTS, you'll be glad to take Lonzo, a pick, plus whatever else that's NOT RANDLE, KUZMA, INGRAM.

We got the leverage. Spurs fans are too delusional still about their current reality.
I'm not trying to just pick on your post but its a good example of how Lakers fans think the world revolves around them.

There is no Leverage that LA can exercise. The Spurs aren't in any kind of position at all, because they're not solely negotiating with LA.

LA isn't the one trying to move a coveted asset. The Spurs have all the leverage because they control Kawhi's destination all the way up to the trade deadline next year and despite what some think they'll still have some S&T leverage going into next summer.

SA can move him in a number of difference scenarios. Least of all as pure cap relief and that alone would be better than any fleecing that would include taking Deng or second rate players on a team that couldn't make the playoffs.

If Kawhi's camp has him sitting in order to force a trade they'll sure expect that he'll get a super max as a S&T especially since he'll be paying way more in taxes anywhere outside of Texas.

I really didn't think LA fans were as bad as people made them out to be but after this thread I get it. The whole idea that LA can force SA to take a shitty deal is laughable.
CoastalRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #47
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Not giving up Ingram + 1st for a player with injury concerns. Even as good as Kawhi was, I'm not giving up a future all-star and a 1st round pick for him when I can just stand pat and sign PG + Lebron.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #48
KOBEtherealKing
Purple n' Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Not giving up Ingram + 1st for a player with injury concerns. Even as good as Kawhi was, I'm not giving up a future all-star and a 1st round pick for him when I can just stand pat and sign PG + Lebron.

Too bad youíre not a gm. Pelinka and magic will trade one of the core. It will suck but I think they only do it if they land another superstar and confirm kawhi is healthy (not sure if thatís possible with all this magic tampering mess), but still.
KOBEtherealKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #49
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
Two ball dominant SF. The kind of stupid thing Lakers would do.

Neither is ball dominant.

Either or would make a great second option. PG is a second option now.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #50
Hey Yo
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Neither is ball dominant.

Either or would make a great second option. PG is a second option now.
Not if he's in a Lakers uniform next season. Dude would clearly be their number 1 option.
Hey Yo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: