Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
Shogon
Decent college freshman
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,710
Default Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

I've never had abs in my entire life... even when I was 190 lbs(6'8") with pretty damn good cardio there was nothing but flab. Skinnyfat, as they say. Right now I'm 220. It's something I'd like to make happen before I die.

I've been hitting the weights for a while now but it's pretty clear my diet is the biggest problem.

There's just so much information/misinformation/conflicting information that it's totally overwhelming and it's just like... like what the ****?

Basically... what EXACTLY do I need to eat, and what exercises do I need to do...

Do I just need to go pay a nutritionist or something? This is not a topic that I'm particularly fond of trying to wade through the bullshit with, to be perfectly blunt.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:54 AM   #2
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,742
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

6'8", 190...Jesus christ. The real life Gumby.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:56 AM   #3
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
I've never had abs in my entire life... even when I was 190 lbs(6'8") with pretty damn good cardio there was nothing but flab. Skinnyfat, as they say. Right now I'm 220. It's something I'd like to make happen before I die.

I've been hitting the weights for a while now but it's pretty clear my diet is the biggest problem.

There's just so much information/misinformation/conflicting information that it's totally overwhelming and it's just like... like what the ****?

Basically... what EXACTLY do I need to eat, and what exercises do I need to do...

Do I just need to go pay a nutritionist or something? This is not a topic that I'm particularly fond of trying to wade through the bullshit with, to be perfectly blunt.


There is no exact. There are multiple kinds of foods and exercises that are healthy.

And if you're doing everything sensibly already and you aren't seeing a sixpack, it may just not be in your genes to have a prominent six pack. You'd likely have to reach unhealthy levels of skinny to achieve it.


Basically what I'm saying is, will you buy me tickets to the next Mavs-Lakers game?
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #4
Shogon
Decent college freshman
 
Shogon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,710
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
There is no exact. There are multiple kinds of foods and exercises that are healthy.

And if you're doing everything sensibly already and you aren't seeing a sixpack, it may just not be in your genes to have a prominent six pack. You'd likely have to reach unhealthy levels of skinny to achieve it.


Basically what I'm saying is, will you buy me tickets to the next Mavs-Lakers game?

Prove to me within the next 15 minutes that you live in Los Angeles and Santa may bring you a Christmas gift.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:05 AM   #5
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,292
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Take in 2200 calories a day of which 40% is protein, 40% carbs with low glycemic index (brown rice, oatmeal, sweat potatoes only) and 20% fats.

Break it into 6 meals a day, every 3 hours. Drink a gal of water a day. No more than 40g of sugar (make it be from fruit) and 1900mg of sodium. No bread.

1 cheat meal a week

This will put you at a caloric deficit of around 0, so calories from physical activity puts you at a caloric deficit and youíll lose weight. 3500 cal = 1 lb lost. Donít have a caloric deficit of more than 2 lbs per week. Monitor the scale and adjust calories as needed as everyone is different.


Done and done
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:12 AM   #6
highwhey
Valley Boyz
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 21,588
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

OP, google 'skinny fat', you'll find good advice to grow.

you've not browsed bodybuilding forum i imagine, it is as toxic as it is a library of nutrition and fitness knowledge, you just got to know how to navigate it.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:13 AM   #7
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Prove to me within the next 15 minutes that you live in Los Angeles and Santa may bring you a Christmas gift.


I live in Austin home skillet.

I have a buddy who lives in Dallas and it'd be awesome to visit him and see the Mavs play vs LeHung and the gang.

I can represent Insidehoops with a hilarious sign.
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:27 AM   #8
Smoke117
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,742
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Here is some advice OP: You have told us you spend your entire existence from waking to sleep at a computer...WELL STOP DOING THAT. Go for an hour walk, ride an exercise bike, do anything that involves physical activity besides typing your fingers on a keyboard and stop stuffing your face with twinkies? it's not rocket science. Exert more calories than you take in. End of discussion. And if you can't exert enough then stop eating. Your fat will eat the rest for a long time if you are as overweight as I believe you are.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:22 AM   #9
Rolando
Local High School Star
 
Rolando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

I'm a skinny fat too.

This is how you do it:

One Meal A Day (OMAD) look it up. Your strategy should be to put off eating as long as you can each morning. Wait at least until noon before any food. Make yourself one really good meal....as much as you want. After that, try and shut it down for the rest of the day. If you have to, just have something really minimal to eat in the evening.

I recommend taking a break from intense workouts while doing this. The workouts will only make you hungrier and it will be difficult to stick to one meal. Maybe after the first week introduce a workout in. But you will have to eat to support it.

Weigh yourself every morning.

Next step: After 2 or 3 weeks, you should have lost a significant amount of weight and you should have an idea of what muscles are showing on your belly. You may STILL have no six-pack. You will have to build the muscles as well. Do inclined crunches....With holding weight to your chest. Leg raises. Planks.....All of it. High reps without weights too. You have to pump those abs up.

Research intermittant fasting and OMAD.
Rolando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:25 AM   #10
Celtics 1825
FEASTIN
 
Celtics 1825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,453
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

At your height you gotta make sure to eat hella calories if you wanna put on muscle, and those calories can't be coming from junk food. Make sure you're getting your macros (especially protein). Lean meats, brown rice, fruits, vegetables, etc.
Celtics 1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #11
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,536
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

you prol need to realize what a six pack actually looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/Zl4KXSA.jpg both those dudes have monster abs. Lighting, photoshop, OIL whatever haha.

When I was 'an athlete' as a teen, I didn't have a six pack, more like a four pack w/ baby fat over it. I've never had like 'a six pack' like dudes look like in their instagram posts, but even at my age, sick and somewhat out of shape, I still have remnants of one. I'm def like 10 pounds overweight too atm.

I'd recommend swimming, really long strokes that stretch out your abs, bc about ****ing your shoulders tho by going too hard ( i did) and use one of those exercise balls to do sit ups. That's how I got abs. I didn't eat anything special.

I didn't really go for it. It was just kinda like oh cool.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:35 AM   #12
jstern
NBA rookie of the year
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,522
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

I would trade my six pack to be 6'8".
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #13
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,536
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
I would trade my six pack to be 6'8".


haha, yknow I don't think I'd really enjoy playing in the NBA. When I was a kid, I was like yea I wish I was like 6'8 then I could probably make the nba (dreams, but who knows, I found a way to do a bunch of other wild shit.)

Now, I dunno... I'd like to be like 6'3 or 4 tho. Tall but not like tall to the point where it starts affecting your health and impacting like where you can sleep, what kinda car you can drive etc. Altho re: health, I dunno if I believe all of that height related health/longevity garbage or not.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:40 AM   #14
warriorfan
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 24,016
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

https://puritysourcelabs.ru/injectab...al-ep-usa.html x4

https://puritysourcelabs.ru/pctanti-...0mgtab-ep.html x1

https://puritysourcelabs.ru/pctanti-...0mgtab-ep.html x2

Get 23 gauge needles, 1.5 inch

Start with 1mL of T twice a week

After a couple of weeks start taking around a third of a tablet of aromasin after each dose of T

Run for 12 to 16 weeks

2 to 3 weeks after last T dose start taking one tamoexifen a daily for 2 to 4 weeks

Eat a lot and work out every day. Eat clean though. Take it easy and donít ruin your joints.

Good luck
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #15
dude77
Very good NBA starter
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,692
Default Re: Anyone on this board truly into fitness that can give dietary/workout advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando


I'm a skinny fat too.

This is how you do it:

One Meal A Day (OMAD) look it up. Your strategy should be to put off eating as long as you can each morning. Wait at least until noon before any food. Make yourself one really good meal....as much as you want. After that, try and shut it down for the rest of the day. If you have to, just have something really minimal to eat in the evening.

I recommend taking a break from intense workouts while doing this. The workouts will only make you hungrier and it will be difficult to stick to one meal. Maybe after the first week introduce a workout in. But you will have to eat to support it.

Weigh yourself every morning.

Next step: After 2 or 3 weeks, you should have lost a significant amount of weight and you should have an idea of what muscles are showing on your belly. You may STILL have no six-pack. You will have to build the muscles as well. Do inclined crunches....With holding weight to your chest. Leg raises. Planks.....All of it. High reps without weights too. You have to pump those abs up.

Research intermittant fasting and OMAD.

so damn true .. after a tough weight lifting workout, sometimes I tell myself 'ok I'll only eat a small meal to recover and not eat the rest of the day to do a little fast' .. never works lol .. your body's like 'fk you, you put me through this shit feed my ass'
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy