Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default The Irishman (Already a potential masterpiece )

Run time of 3 hours and 30 minutes, which is LONG, but the reviews I've read so far are 100% positive which is rare.

100% on rotten tomatoes based on 56 critic reviews
    92% on metascore based on 20 critic reviews
    All of the verified user reviews on IMDB are also extremely positive.

I gotta say I'm surprised, I know this is a Scorsese film, but I had my doubts this would be a great film because of how old Pacino & DeNiro are at this point and all the CGI.

I can't wait for this film to come out.

Default Re: The Irishman (Already a potential masterpiece )

I've been monitoring this project for a few years now. The release teaser had me pump

yessir. i've been hyped about this film since i heard of its inception.

Looks slick, day 1 fap

off topic

It's bitter sweet watching these great netflix/HBO/Prime originals long dick theater cinema who's been catering to re branded sequels over and over and over the past decad

But at the same time it's tough watching the streaming platform era transition into big corpo daddies next buck.

It's manageable having a few platforms whether you pirate, crack or pay for it legitimately.

But i'm not trying to have 25+ premium accounts just to watch an exclusive here, ESPN+ there, UFC pass there, Apple Tv, Disney+ NBAtv, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, FB watch, Walmart video, DC Univers, Warner Media, etc etc

Soon every big prod company will want their own platform and were just going to end up back bundling all of them together with ads inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Looks slick, day 1 fap

off topic

It's bitter sweet watching these great netflix/HBO/Prime originals long dick theater cinema who's been catering to re branded sequels over and over and over the past decad

But at the same time it's tough watching the streaming platform era transition into big corpo daddies next buck.

It's manageable having a few platforms whether you pirate, crack or pay for it legitimately.

But i'm not trying to have 25+ premium accounts just to watch an exclusive here, ESPN+ there, UFC pass there, Apple Tv, Disney+ NBAtv, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, FB watch, Walmart video, DC Univers, Warner Media, etc etc

Soon every big prod company will want their own platform and were just going to end up back bundling all of them together with ads inbetween
    agreed, the writing is on the wall. everyone is coming out with their own platform. sucks ass because it's just as expensive as cable...the whole reason for their existence was to pay less than cable and now we're at square 1 again

I've been excited about the movie since I first heard about it. There's no way a movie directed by Scorsese starring Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci could disappoint. Seeing the positive reviews didn't surprise me, but it did make me more hyped.

Rotten tomatoes critics rated something highly? Usually means it's a sjw agenda based pile of crap.. hope that's not the case with this cause the trailer looks great

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Netflix is its achilles heel. It will need to be experienced in a cinema, but they've tucked that up. We're going to respond differently to it on a handheld device than in a blacked-out cinema. With that said, the film probably wouldn't have been possible without them. It's a tough one to reconcile.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

good shit goodfellas crew making a final debut.

First film in a long time i have actually wanted to see.

Worried it is a play at the hearts and minds of irish americans to "get them to the dark side" more than they already are. Same way west coast rap was used to lure many well meaning good hearted black dudes with strong rebelllious streaks AWAY from Public Enemy/Native Toungues/Consciousness, into horrible broken life paths they couldn't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    First film in a long time i have actually wanted to see.

Worried it is a play at the hearts and minds of irish americans to "get them to the dark side" more than they already are. Same way west coast rap was used to lure many well meaning good hearted black dudes with strong rebelllious streaks AWAY from Public Enemy/Native Toungues/Consciousness, into horrible broken life paths they couldn't handle.

most irish americans have mixed in with a bevy of different origins english, german, polish, italian, greek etc and are just american white.

Is this movie about Frank Sheeran instead of Danny Greene? If so consider it a flop. No one gives 2 fvcks about Frank Sheeran and his relation to Jimmy Hoffa, and they'd rather have another movie about Danny Greene who was once a mobster in my great city of Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Is this movie about Frank Sheeran instead of Danny Greene? If so consider it a flop. No one gives 2 fvcks about Frank Sheeran and his relation to Jimmy Hoffa, and they'd rather have another movie about Danny Greene who was once a mobster in my great city of Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
    Netflix is its achilles heel. It will need to be experienced in a cinema, but they've tucked that up. We're going to respond differently to it on a handheld device than in a blacked-out cinema. With that said, the film probably wouldn't have been possible without them. It's a tough one to reconcile.
    It's a mob thriller

Theaters are mandatory for action/sci-fi imo

I like exclusive release on Netflix/Prime or w/e because you can rewind em if you missed a part or something said

BTW, how does this movie have over 1,500+ reviews? Doesn't it release Nov 27th?

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    It's a mob thriller

Theaters are mandatory for action/sci-fi imo

I like exclusive release on Netflix/Prime or w/e because you can rewind em if you missed a part or something said

BTW, how does this movie have over 1,500+ reviews? Doesn't it release Nov 27th?
    The Irishman is made for the cinema. Any 3+ hour film is made for the cinema. Scorsese didn't get what he wanted.

NYFF had a load of screenings + random idiots rating without seeing it.