Default Mavs coach Carlisle said before the game today that Luka runs the show

Rick Carlisle told us (media here at the game tonight) that Luka Doncic does most of the playcalling for the Mavs. That he sometimes calls something but it's mostly Doncic calling the shots.

Default Re: Mavs coach Carlisle said before the game today that Luka runs the show

Not surprising. He has a lot of professional experience even though he is only 20.

I would like to see another ball handler on the team and fewer step back 3s from Luka, but when i watch him i am like wow this guy is really good.

Default Re: Mavs coach Carlisle said before the game today that Luka runs the show

This is the case with every team, isnt it?

Nobody actually thinks this is like football where a play is systematically called in on every single possession, right?

I would imagine teams run maybe 15 plays per night or something. Any team’s primary ball handler is going to be running most of the show on his own.

Very good NBA starter

Luka is the white Lebron unfortunately.

Better than Lebron, but extreme usage and Harden-esque defense.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat

Bipolar?

You turned quick on our brethren.

Sad.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Mavs Carlisle turning into a teddy bear is the real news headline

With all his embracing and coddling and feelings talk so far this year, now the relinquishing his micromanaging reins, he might be becoming a hippie.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Imagine actually saying this with a straight face....

ill just ignore the better than lebron part completely

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

ISH has a media team that does press?

".. uhh hi Jeff here from InsideHoops.com message board, how big of a win was this tonight?"

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]This is the case with every team, isnt it?

Nobody actually thinks this is like football where a play is systematically called in on every single possession, right?

I would imagine teams run maybe 15 plays per night or something. Any team

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Hard to argue with the results as the Mavs have an elite offense so far this year despite some roster limitations.

Luka has obviously been great, but at some point he can't be taking this many difficult 3's...that isn't optimal at all.

Probably more of an issue with the roster than it is with his game, but that can't continue much longer if the Mavs want to make the kind of noise they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Hard to argue with the results as the Mavs have an elite offense so far this year despite some roster limitations.

Luka has obviously been great, but at some point he can't be taking this many difficult 3's...that isn't optimal at all.

Probably more of an issue with the roster than it is with his game, but that can't continue much longer if the Mavs want to make the kind of noise they are talking about.
    A 3rd scorer like Gallo would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Gallo + KP would be too many injury prone starting forwards.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Yea, he'd help the offense, but I think they'd be better off getting a guy that could create a bit more.

The crazy thing is...really only Luka and THJ can create offense on their own...and it isn't like THJ can score efficiently with any cosistency either. KP adds a lot just from his spacing, but he can't really do anything 1 on 1. Last night, for example, they wasted a possession late going to him in the post...that just isn't something he can do right now. He's best used as a floor spacing pick / roll / pop guy right now.

Brogdon would have been so darn good on this team. Too bad we didn't get him.

Luka is the white Lebron
    holy shit that is high praise

luka is legit