Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Thon Maker is 24 years old

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    You could be right but answer this question would you be happy if Giannis was your number one option franchise player?
    The guy is a 6'11" 7'4" wingspan athletic freak who plays point guard on offense, protects the rim like a center and can switch onto any position.

Any rational basketball fan who has actually watched Giannis after we let him loose as point forward can see the superstar potential, he is an isnane talent and absolutely a franchise centerpiece for the future.

Calling him a 3rd option type of player just shows you don't have a clue about him.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Noel is basically a walking defensive rebounder with a history of knee injury.
    I'm not saying Noel is better than GA, but he is better than 'walking defensive rebounder'.
    He is outstanding defender and pretty handy finishing around the basket, despite his best ever PG being ISH smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Y'all can keep trashing this pick but the same guy who made this pick found our franchise talent at 15. If the dude sucks rip on him then, at least let him play one second before that.
    The Bucks drafted "Ersan Ilyasova" who is 5 years older than listed and who has a fake name and place of birth.

The Bucks went along with his fake name "Ersan Ilyasova" (real name is Arsen Ilyasov), his fake place of birth "Turkey" (he was actually born in Uzbekistan), and his fake year of birth "1987" (he was actually born in 1982).

The Bucks also drafted Yi Jianlian, who also had a fake birth year "1987", when it was almost universally known that he was actually born in 1984, and that was not even denied by Chinese sources.

The Bucks drafted Giannis Antetokounmpo, someone that has rumors around him in Greece that he is older than his birth date says, because he didn't go to a hospital until he was about 4 years old, and at the time had no documents, no birth certificate, etc. Somehow, 4 years of time got lost.

Gee....I am absolutely shocked that the Bucks drafted the guy in the draft that is older than advertised....

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The guy is a 6'11" 7'4" wingspan athletic freak who plays point guard on offense, protects the rim like a center and can switch onto any position.

Any rational basketball fan who has actually watched Giannis after we let him loose as point forward can see the superstar potential, he is an isnane talent and absolutely a franchise centerpiece for the future.

Calling him a 3rd option type of player just shows you don't have a clue about him.
    Giannis was officially measured by ESPN just this season, and he had a 7-3 wingspan, not a 7-4 wingspan.

Stop exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The Bucks drafted "Ersan Ilyasova" who is 5 years older than listed and who has a fake name and place of birth.

The Bucks went along with his fake name "Ersan Ilyasova" (real name is Arsen Ilyasov), his fake place of birth "Turkey" (he was actually born in Uzbekistan), and his fake year of birth "1987" (he was actually born in 1982).

The Bucks also drafted Yi Jianlian, who also had a fake birth year "1987", when it was almost universally known that he was actually born in 1984, and that was not even denied by Chinese sources.

The Bucks drafted Giannis Antetokounmpo, someone that has rumors around him in Greece that he is older than his birth date says, because he didn't go to a hospital until he was about 4 years old, and at the time had no documents, no birth certificate, etc. Somehow, 4 years of time got lost.

Gee....I am absolutely shocked that the Bucks drafted the guy in the draft that is older than advertised....

Euroleague actually made a decent post

Greek freak is a great player and will only get better but to proudly call him your franchise talent is weak. I don't see him as a number one option but could definitely become a allstar
    Giannis was the 5th option of Greece's under-20 junior national team.

Giannis was the 6th-7th option of Greece's senior national team the last 2 summers.

But hey, things are looking up, he was the 3rd option for Greece in their first game this summer.....the same Greece that is missing like 10 of its best players.

"NBA franchise player"...

Milbucks was trashing philly all year for tanking and not building a "winning" environment meanwhile the bucks paid middleton and Monroe and were out of playoff contention before January started.
    Now we got Simmons to build around while the bucks already 2nd guessing the signings last summer and end up with a 24 year old HS senior......... o yea thanks for taking MCW off our hands that lakers pick is looking great right about now.
    They did a vote in Greece's biggest website for the best Greek player ever. Over 2 million votes and Giannis did not even place in the poll (did not even get 1% of the vote).

But according to Milbuck, everyone in Greece and the whole world, universally knows Giannis is "the best Greek player ever".

Just ignore him. He's clearly about 10 years old.

National High School Star

Giannis was the 6th-7th option of Greece's senior national team the last 2 summers.

But hey, things are looking up, he was the 3rd option for Greece in their first game this summer.....the same Greece that is missing like 10 of its best players.

Man I see you going hard for international ball all the time but honestly who the fvck cares, like what are you talking about? What the hell does his role on Greece's national team have to do with his NBA career? NOTHING. Does anybody outside of Greece really give a shit if he shoots 0% for the rest of his national team career? Honestly I'm not trying to be factitious.

I wasn't a huge fan initially but the bottom line is he has a hell of a lot of potential and looks to be a walking triple double after his move to pg.There's literally no knowing how good he can really be in the NBA. So unfounded claims about his age really don't mean much, as well as how well he translates to the Greek national team. Big whoop, most Bucks fans (and NBA fans in general) don't give a shit and won't be watching anyways, and neither will I.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Man I see you going hard for international ball all the time but honestly who the fvck cares, like what are you talking about? What the hell does his role on Greece's national team have to do with his NBA career? NOTHING. Does anybody outside of Greece really give a shit if he shoots 0% for the rest of his national team career? Honestly I'm not trying to be factitious.

I wasn't a huge fan initially but the bottom line is he has a hell of a lot of potential and looks to be a walking triple double after his move to pg.There's literally no knowing how good he can really be in the NBA. So unfounded claims about his age really don't mean much, as well as how well he translates to the Greek national team. Big whoop, most Bucks fans (and NBA fans in general) don't give a shit and won't be watching anyways, and neither will I.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii

Okafor, soon to be Simmons, and even current Embiid >>> Giannis

Good High School Starter WuTangWizard's Avatar

No one give a shit about Greece's national team

Very good NBA starter

Ouch, Euroleague with the hard hitting truth.

Remember Freddy Adoo, the 'phenom' who looked like he was 30 but supposedly was 15

Africans do this all the time in soccer, Giannis is most likely 22-23 and Ibaka looks like me, meaning around 30, no fukking way Ibaka is only 26, he is a grown ass man.

In basketball it is even more important than soccer to fake being young, because if you're athletic people will pick you if you're 18 with no skills but not if you're 22 with no skills.

I usually hit open layups

National High School Star

I didn't see much ability to think displayed in your response. Oh well, welcome to the new ish