Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lebron James FA option

So Will Lebron opt out by Monday or will he ride out the last year of the contract?

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James FA option

he already opt out I believe.

Report is that he is waiting to see what Cavs does in the off season before resigning.

Its this type of bitch move and no-commitment/non-loyal diva personality that get him the hate.

Commit to the city and organization that loves you to death instead of being a dick head.

He hadn't as of last night JR Smith and K Love have

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz

Report is that he is waiting to see what Cavs does in the off season before resigning.

Its this type of bitch move and no-commitment/non-loyal diva personality that get him the hate.

Commit to the city and organization that loves you to death instead of being a dick head.

So what do you say about Wade...basically in the same realm on decisions. He gets no hate bcuz?

I for one am glad players control their destiny more so than the owners/front office...if you can't build right for the best in the game, there's no reason he should ride out a yr wasting his efforts with and inadequate squad

HOWEVER!!! Lebron has a pretty solid squad locked in place outside of Love right now, almost certain TT is picked up and JR is iffy. He should commit as the team certainly has title aspirations as is...maybe that 1pc in Love to lock it all in.

It's basically a wash...as we knew he would opt-out as is the Kevin Love scenario, not make significantly more by opting out so it's completely moot, really
    Last edited by r15mohd; 06-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Maybe because he wants to see ownership actually spend money on players first instead of what the cheap ass Miami Heat did after they locked him up for 4yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    So what do you say about Wade...basically in the same realm on decisions. He gets no hate bcuz?
    Difference is LeBron is going to get the max contract no matter what. Wade will sign with Heat in a heart beat if they offered him a max contract or a fair deal. Riley is trying to low ball him after Wade left a lot of money on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Maybe because he wants to see ownership actually spend money on players first instead of what the cheap ass Miami Heat did after they locked him up for 4yrs?

Pretty sure Cavs is over the cap this season. Cavs has been committed to James since he signed on including completing a deal that he wanted all along to get Love over here.

james said hes opting out and will wait and see

It's putting pressure on management. To me, LeBron is really cold and calculating when it comes to winning but leaving Cleveland again is so insane for so many reasons, my brain refuses to even consider it.

Pretty sure Cavs is over the cap this season. Cavs has been committed to James since he signed on including completing a deal that he wanted all along to get Love over here.
    Love, TT, JR and Shump are not signed as of now. Who's to say Gilbert won't be reluctant to spend once they have LeBron locked in.........like Miami did?

Love, TT, JR and Shump are not signed as of now. Who's to say Gilbert won't be reluctant to spend once they have LeBron locked in.........like Miami did?

I have no doubt Gilbert knows LeBron is in his prime and needs to get that ring to Cleveland. Pretty sure they have the same goal and Gilbert has shown the willingness to spend. Spending wisely is a different story.

In my own opinion, I think Lebron is holding out to help TT get paid.

I have no doubt Gilbert knows LeBron is in his prime and needs to get that ring to Cleveland. Pretty sure they have the same goal and Gilbert has shown the willingness to spend. Spending wisely is a different story.

In my own opinion, I think Lebron is holding out to help TT get paid.

Probably your best posts in this forum. Someone you can still be smart as you grow older.

he's coming back for sure and I do believe he's doing all of this to put pressure on the Cavs to keep spending even though him, the cavs and the rest of us know he can't afford to bolt yet again.

Banned

Lebron will opt out and take himself, Mosgov, Love, J.R to the Heat

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

...because Dan Gilbert's track record says that he has never batted an eye at spending whatever it takes. If any of the guys you listed aren't back on the team next year, it won't be because Gilbert didn't want to pay them.

I mean, he already offered TT a 4-year, $54 million contract last summer, before Tristan really broke out nationally. That's $13.5 million a year for your backup PF/C.

The only reason we have Kyrie Irving is because Gilbert took advantage of cheap ownership with Sterling and the LA Clippers, and took on Baron Davis' bloated contract just to have no protections on what was assumed to be a late lottery pick. That pick turned into Kyrie Irving. We don't have him if Gilbert doesn't spend a ridiculous amount of money for a longshot at a high pick.

The Cavs were able to pull off that Shumpert, Mozgov, Smith trade because Gilbert was willing to take what was seen as an albatross of a contract with JR.

If there's one owner in the NBA I'm pretty certain is not going to suddenly cheap out, it's Dan Gilbert. There is a relatively high likelihood that the Cavs are going to have four max contract players on the floor next year. That's insane.

LeBron isn't doing this as a leverage play, btw. He has very little leverage, because with the letter and stating so often, so loudly that he is here for the long haul, he isn't just going to up and leave... especially after a Finals trip. That would be another (and a worse) PR nightmare than the first time around.

This is about money. If you're confident that you can stay healthy and you are the best player in the league, it is smart to work on short contracts. The CBA is about to explode.