Very good NBA starter

Default NBA-NFL: Lebron is Peyton Manning

I've started to look at the legacies of both of these players. While Peyton is winding down, Lebron will be winding down come 2017-2018. They have some similarities. Skip Bayless constantly criticizes both guys to no end. He's said many times they are both incredible regular season players that fizzle in the post season. While one is an athletic freak and the other is one of the least athletic players, There are good and bad traits each of them share.

The Good

NUMBERS:
    Both guys have ridiculous numbers and stats. They consistently have beaten records and still add to their legacy.

PostSeason success:
    Winning 2 NBA championships to me is comparable to one very hard working superbowl win. They both have lost in the finals more than they have won but are constantly a huge reason why their teams make it. While Peyton has lost in the first round more times, You can guarantee each team will win 11/52 plus games every year.

Ultimate Band-Aids
    Both of these men literally can mask the deficiencies of their team. Peyton has such a quick release and decision to get the ball out, he can make an Offensive line look a lot better than it is. Lebron is able to literally be your everything and fixes your deficiencies by his ability to play multiple positions at a high level.

The Bad:

Need for control:
    Both players can adapt to circumstances, but have a comfort zone in being control of the whole offense. Peyton has consistently went against his coaches if he didn't like a play. Lebron has now become a man that embraces being a coach but is overbearing. Their need for control holds their teams back to adjust from what defenses give.

"Too smart"
    Both players are regarded as being prodigies in their particular sports. Their IQ's have consistently been considered off the charts by past and present players. They suffer from being so smart that they need either "Yes men" coaches or coaches that are truly above them. Peyton dealt with a system in Indy where Dungy and staff were extremely knowledgable. He went to Denver and became more controlling especially with John Fox being more of a "softer" coach. Lebron had a structure in MIA where Wade and Pat Riley would be in his ear constantly. He respected both of them. Fast forward to Cleveland now and he literally is dealing with a coach he does not respect professionally. This is a character flaw they each have.

GOATS in front of them:

Peyton has at times been in consideration to supplant Joe Montana as the GOAT. Joe Montana is widely considered to be the best of all time due to being undefeated in SB's. Peyton also has to deal with Tom Brady slowly closing in with each SB win. Lebron has constantly been put at MJ's pedastal. MJ has been undefeated in the NBA finals. Both of these men have sub 500 record for success in superbowls. to their merit, they consistently are considered the favorites for their team.

I know people will think this makes no sense but I feel like they are both players that are ALL TIME greats but fall short due to their own brilliance and natural ability.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Default Re: NBA-NFL: Lebron is Peyton Manning

P. Manning threw more interceptions than he did touchdowns the postseason of his SB win.

Lebron is a second tier great who played in the Leastern Conference his entire career but has not won a ring without DWade.

They are both overrated.

Undefeated

LeBron - Peyton Manning

Durant - Aaron Rodgers

Curry - Joe Flacco

NBA rookie of the year

Very good NBA starter

Good article I didn't even know that was written. I had been noticing this the past couple years though. They are truly geniuses in their respective sports and it's a gift and curse.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

I think I saw it discussed here in the past as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    LeBron - Peyton Manning

Durant - Aaron Rodgers

Curry - Joe Flacco
    durant needs to win a ring to be compared to rodgers

2 very different sports.
    manning is more likeable than lebron though.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

''Peyton also has to deal with Tom Brady slowly closing in with each SB win.''

Peyton has never ever been in any conversation about being the GOAT.

Lol at Brady ''closing in''...Brady is ten miles ahead of Peyton and driving a Ferrari while Peyton is riding a three legged horse.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Brady closing in

Brady does everything Manning does on the field, they're equally good throwing a football, the major difference is Manning legit gets nervous and shaky during big games Its incredible to watch how he starts getting red in the face and veins start popping in his forehead when the pressure is on

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kargo
    ''Peyton also has to deal with Tom Brady slowly closing in with each SB win.''

Peyton has never ever been in any conversation about being the GOAT.

Lol at Brady ''closing in''...Brady is ten miles ahead of Peyton and driving a Ferrari while Peyton is riding a three legged horse.
    Yes he has. He has been in conversation every MVP about if he's the best of all time. Brady has historically had better overall teams with tougher defenses where he didn't have to be a playmaker every SB.

Manning has the accolades and a lot more responsibility. In the NBA world Kobe has the rings and better win-loss finals percentage(Like Brady) but also benefitted from a little more help than Lebron.

LeBron - Peyton Manning

Durant - Aaron Rodgers

Curry - Joe Flacco

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

LeBron - Peyton Manning

Durant - Aaron Rodgers

Curry - Joe Flacco
    not bad, durant needs to win before you can call him aaron rodgers though.

Peyton= LeBron

Brady= Kobe