Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Fan

Default The NBA is without question Rigged

The Bulls were almost robbed by the refs today (this is coming from someone who hates the Bulls) and now the Clippers are getting a disproportionate number of calls in their favor against the Grizzlies.

Default Re: The NBA is without question Rigged

Chris PushOff!

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    The Bulls were almost robbed by the refs today (this is coming from someone who hates the Bulls) and now the Clippers are getting a disproportionate number of calls in their favor against the Grizzlies.
    Wut? The Clippers attempted only 2 more than the Grizzlies.

This has been going on for 30 years! Unless a member of Dictator Stern's inner circle rats him out, nothing will ever happen.

Good college starter

I just checked the box score for the Clippers-Grizzlies game and I'm not seeing the disproportionate number of calls.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    I just checked the box score for the Clippers-Grizzlies game and I'm not seeing the disproportionate number of calls.
    I miss-worded what I meant, the refs are calling ridiculous fouls on Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol, which is impacting the game in the favor of the Clippers.

I miss-worded what I meant, the refs are calling ridiculous fouls on Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol, which is impacting the game in the favor of the Clippers.
    I'm just checking the box scores but don't the Clippers have more fouls that the Grizzlies? If you're talking about the Clippers getting phantom calls, then I'm sorry. I'm not watching the game.

Good college starter

Anyway, influenced is a better way to describe some NBA series as opposed to rigged. I'm sure the league would want the Bulls to make it to the second round as opposed to the Nets. Let's say it's game 7 and Bulls are in a deficit going into the 4th Q. I bet Bulls would start getting all the calls. At the end of the day, the league wants 7 games and the Bulls to proceed to the second round.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It is not rigged. The number of games that could potentially be called "rigged" could be counted on one hand in the history of the league probably.

Refs are human. They get caught up in the emotion of big crowds, momentum, and player histories/reps.

What people don't understand about "superstar calls" for example...is that you have to earn you way to being a superstar before you get them.

And the NBA would have no interest in seeing the Clips win in 5 games. They want that series going 7 if they had a choice. So that makes no sense.

So accusing the NBA of wanting a series to get cut short makes absolutely no sense at all.

Good college starter

I haven't been following the series too closely so I can't say but checking solely from the box score, it doesn't look too bad. I remember Clippers fans were complaining about the officiating in game 3.

NBA lottery pick

Refs basically have an impossible job. They are trying to get every call right. They get most right. That's what matters.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

I just saw an offensive foul called on Butler because he supposedly knocked Z-Bo to the ground with a slight bump. Come on now. Bad calls happen both ways.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It is not rigged. The number of games that could potentially be called "rigged" could be counted on one hand in the history of the league probably.

Refs are human. They get caught up in the emotion of big crowds, momentum, and player histories/reps.

What people don't understand about "superstar calls" for example...is that you have to earn you way to being a superstar before you get them.

And the NBA would have no interest in seeing the Clips win in 5 games. They want that series going 7 if they had a choice. So that makes no sense.

So accusing the NBA of wanting a series to get cut short makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Who's accusing the league of that? They usually try to extend series.

You obviously aren't watching the game and haven't watched the entire series

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Stop giving them excuses. If the games aren't "rigged", many of them are very heavily "influenced".

And in Bulls-Nets game, if the refs were "caught up in the emotion of big crowds", Chicago would have gotten more calls. The imbalance was obvious.