Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 2001 Kobe vs 2006 Wade

Kobe 01':
    RS: 28.5 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.0 APG, 1.7 SPG, .6 BPG, 3.2 TOPG, 46.4 FG%, 30.5 3P%, 85.3 FT%, 24.5 PER, 55.2 TS%.
    P/O's: 29.4 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.1 APG, 1.6 SPG, .8 BPG, 3.2 TOPG, 46.9 FG%, 32.4 3P%, 82.1 FT%, 25.0 PER, 55.5 TS%.
    Accolades: NBA Champ, NBA All-Star, All NBA 2nd Team, All Defensive 2nd Team.
    *sidekick

Wade 06':
    RS: 27.2 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 6.7 APG, 1.9 SPG, .8 BPG, 3.6 TOPG, 49.5 FG%, 17.1 3P%, 78.3 FT%, 27.6 PER, 57.7 TS%.
    P/O's: 28.4 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.7 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 3.9 TOPG, 49.7 FG%, 37.8 3P%, 80.8 FT%, 26.9 PER, 59.3 TS%.
    Accolades: NBA Champ, NBA FMVP, NBA All-Star, All-NBA 2nd Team, Skills Challenge Title.
    *Alpha Dog
    -Give me Wade's resume for 06' over Kobe's for 01'.
    Repost from a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I don't get it.

Why would the NBA rig the POs for one man?

Wade wasn't the face of the NBA.
    I meant the Finals were rigged, not the entire POs.
    My bad. I should've been more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Kobe 01':
    RS: 28.5 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.0 APG, 1.7 SPG, .6 BPG, 3.2 TOPG, 46.4 FG%, 30.5 3P%, 85.3 FT%, 24.5 PER, 55.2 TS%.
    P/O's: 29.4 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.1 APG, 1.6 SPG, .8 BPG, 3.2 TOPG, 46.9 FG%, 32.4 3P%, 82.1 FT%, 25.0 PER, 55.5 TS%.
    *sidekick

Wade 06':
    RS: 27.2 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 6.7 APG, 1.9 SPG, .8 BPG, 3.6 TOPG, 49.5 FG%, 17.1 3P%, 78.3 FT%, 27.6 PER, 57.7 TS%.
    P/O's: 28.4 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.7 APG, 2.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 3.9 TOPG, 49.7 FG%, 37.8 3P%, 80.8 FT%, 26.9 PER, 59.3 TS%.
    Accolades: NBA Champ, NBA FMVP, NBA All-Star, All-NBA 2nd Team, Skills Challenge Title.
    *Alpha Dog
    Kobe in the POs averaging 7+ rebounds/game with a prime Shaq in the line-up.

Look, I love Wade's game, but Kobe has him beat. Kobe did roughly the same numbers--- if not better--- while being a "sidekick." Wade had an out-of-his-prime Shaq & barely passed Kobe up in stats and even season accolades.

Kobe 01':
    *sidekick

Wade 06':
    *Alpha Dog
    So Kobe putting that stats as a 2nd option is still better than Wade stats as Alpha puppy.. Imagine Kobe as alpha dog that year, maybe this thread would never created in the first place..

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Kobe in the POs averaging 7+ rebounds/game with a prime Shaq in the line-up.

Look, I love Wade's game, but Kobe has him beat. Kobe did roughly the same numbers--- if not better--- while being a "sidekick." Wade had an out-of-his-prime Shaq & barely passed Kobe up in stats and even season accolades.
    I like how you're being subjective, nice change of pace from people like Jacks3. But Wade has the edge here in my opinion. Wade was the soul defensive attention of the Pistons and the Mavericks and still put up beastly #'s on beastly efficiency. Kobe got his stats playing off Shaq (and vice versa), which is a huge relief of pressure; while Wade had no-one near that caliber to play off of. And as you even admitted, he did pass up Kobe on season accolades. Am I saying Dwyane Wade was the better player? No. I'm saying he had the better year. It's not Kobe's fault Shaq was in his team, but Shaq was. Kobe didnt do as much heavy lifting as Wade did. Not to mention as I've said before, Wade had one of the Best Finals Performances of All-Time.
    And don't say those finals were rigged. I've watched each of those games and what I saw was Wade attacking and the Mavericks not having an answer. And I also love how people forget the Fact that the Heat held 3 of the Mavs top 4 scorers (Dirk, J. Stackhouse, & J. Howard) all under 40% shooting.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    So Kobe putting that stats as a 2nd option is still better than Wade stats as Alpha puppy.. Imagine Kobe as alpha dog that year, maybe this thread would never created in the first place..
    Imagine Kobe with Shaq @ the level he was @ with Wade. They still might win a title, but it wouldn't be so easy; not only do Shaq's beastly #'s drop, but Kobe's #'s do as well with all the defensive attention on him. However, Imagination is not reality. Kobe had a fantastic season that year, but the fact remains that he wasn't even the best player on his team. He didnt do nearly as much heavy lifting as Wade did. I'm not saying Wade was significantly the better player, or had significantly the better year, I'm just saying he did have the better year, and not by a long shot.

Imagine Kobe with Shaq @ the level he was @ with Wade. They still might win a title, but it wouldn't be so easy; not only do Shaq's beastly #'s drop, but Kobe's #'s do as well with all the defensive attention on him. However, Imagination is not reality. Kobe had a fantastic season that year, but the fact remains that he wasn't even the best player on his team. He didnt do nearly as much heavy lifting as Wade did. I'm not saying Wade was significantly the better player, or had significantly the better year, I'm just saying he did have the better year, and not by a long shot.
    Kobe was the reason why the Lakers made the finals that year.. Kobe dominated the western conference is far better than any Wade's competition in 2006.. I dont see any player that could duplicate Kobe's performance with that kind of competition maybe prime Jordan.. Wade would be a flopping bitch if he play against those Western team that Kobe dominated with ease.. Reminder, that version of Kobe was before his primes..

Kobe was the reason why the Lakers made the finals that year.. Kobe dominated the western conference is far better than any Wade's competition in 2006.. I dont see any player that could duplicate Kobe's performance with that kind of competition maybe prime Jordan.. Wade would be a flopping bitch if he play against those Western team that Kobe dominated with ease.. Reminder, that version of Kobe was before his primes..
    Okay pauk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    That's pretty tough, especially when you had prime Shaq taking touches away from Kobe, while Wade was the top dog on the Heat.
    Dude, in the regular season, Kobe took 22.2 shots per game compared to Shaq's 19.2. Kobe took 3 shots per game more than Shaq, while Shaq was hitting them at 57% and Kobe 46%. In the playoffs, Kobe took one shot more than Shaq per game, even though Shaq was more efficient than Kobe.

Seriously, though 22.2 shots per game is extremely high. Compare that to D. Wade's 18.8 and 19.2.

Also, why are people saying that Wade should've scored more? Wade was incredible and his team won. Why would he even needed to have score more than what he did? Also, he had a Walker chucking 3's on his team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

01 Kobe better defender, better rebounder, better scorer, better off ball player/facilitator, better shooter, better ball handler...

+stiffer WC competition
    +all time great run/team(16-1)
    +00-04 defensive era >>> post 06 rule change era

06 Wade better slasher/penetrator, better raw passer, better shotblocker, much much much better relationship with referees (100 FTs nuff said)

WayOfWade

He was a reason, not THE reason the Lakers made the Finals that year. And as I've said before, I'm not saying Wade is the better player; heck, I'll even say Kobe was the better player between the 2. Wade just had the better overall year; he had better accolades, he was the clear-cut top dog, and he had a Finals Performance for the Ages.

College superstar

Kobe in 01' was a defensive beast on top of his stats. Wade? Not so much.

People seem to forget that Wade's defense was criticized a lot until after the 08' Olympics.

The small difference in statistics don't make up for the difference in defense. Kobe was all over the place in 01'.

He was a reason, not THE reason the Lakers made the Finals that year. And as I've said before, I'm not saying Wade is the better player; heck, I'll even say Kobe was the better player between the 2. Wade just had the better overall year; he had better accolades, he was the clear-cut top dog, and he had a Finals Performance for the Ages.
    Dude you're arguing with a gimmick account.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    01 Kobe better defender, better rebounder, better scorer, better off ball player/facilitator, better shooter, better ball handler...

+stiffer WC competition
    +all time great run/team(16-1)
    +00-04 defensive era >>> post 06 rule change era

06 Wade better slasher/penetrator, better raw passer, better shotblocker, much much much better relationship with referees (100 FTs nuff said)
    Also forgot to mention much more efficient than Kobe was, both in FG%, TS%, & PER. And why should the 100 FT's be a problem? Wade is a slasher, and the Mavs had no answer other than fouling him, I know cause' I've watched all the 06' Finals games. However as I've said before, my argument was never who the Better player was, it's who had the better year. 06' was Dwyane Wade's year, 01' was Kobe/Shaq's year.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Dude you're arguing with a gimmick account.
    Yeah, my semi-rage is sucking me in.