Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

Simulated the two Suns games. Hilariously we won both despite the fact that I forgot to adjust the lineups to re-insert a now 100% Tony Parker and place Monroe in the starting line-up.

The player re-signing deadline has passed and the Spurs did nothing regarding Stephen Jackson and DeJuan Blair, as neither player was interested in an extension at the moment.

Also simulated the following games:

Spurs vs. Kings - W
    Spurs vs. Pistons - W
    Spurs vs. Bulls - W
    Spurs vs. Blazers - W

Will be playing the Thunder game probably tonight, will post a preview probably definitely tonight. Will most likely also play the Miami game from this month but probably no others...

I will update the ROTM/POTM and maybe a few other things but not the standings or team stats until april.

As of March 9th the Heat clinched their playoff berth. Funnily enough, they clinched it on the 8th in real life this year (correct me if I'm wrong).

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

how do you get those stuff, projected starters and game notes? also the tweets and the writeups?

POTG: Tony Parker

Recap:
    Heartbreak in San Antonio...almost.

A bricked jumper with 5 seconds to go from Kevin Durant with Manu Ginobili in his face played right in to the hands of Greg Monroe. Knowing his team was up by one point, he passed the ball up to Ginobili and nobody on the Thunder could catch him for the foul.

The Spurs should count themselves lucky for beating the Oklahoma City Thunder 89-88 after being outscored 22-13 in the fourth quarter.

"Guys were making mistakes I've never seen them make before. I mean we were feeling so good coming off of the third quarter and the offense was clicking perfectly, but the life was sucked out of us in the fourth." a relieved Gregg Popovich told reporters after the game.

Tony Parker was San Antonio's hero. He scored a game-high 28 points.

"We were 5 games up on the Thunder in the West heading in to tonight and we were really hoping as a team to widen the gap. I put it all out there and it was a little close for comfort, but good. Still good" Parker said after the game.

Kevin Martin shouldered the load for the Thunder, proving to be a tough problem for the Spurs to solve when paying so much attention to Durant and Westbrook. He scored 22 points (4-8 from 3) and dished 5 assists.

The Thunder stayed in it thanks to their 10-19 three point shooting. The Spurs decided to take a more mid-range and post-game focused approach, putting up only 3-9 from 3 but getting 22 attempts at the free throw line (capitalizing on 18).

This brings the season series 2-1 in favor of the Spurs. San Antonio will seek their 50th win of the season and their 11th straight in Minnesota tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    how do you get those stuff, projected starters and game notes? also the tweets and the writeups?
    i do the tweets and writeups all myself, as the most talented writer on insidehoops.

the rest of the stuff is resources available on operationsports.

March 14, 2013

Spurs beat Mavericks 96-93 behind Parker's 21, winning their 50th game of the season.

March 15, 2013

Spurs clinch playoffs.

March 17, 2013

Spurs clinch best divisional record.

March 29, 2013

Spurs blow out Clippers 90-65. This brings their record this month to 12-1, with just 1 game to go against the Miami Heat in San Antonio. The Spurs have outscored their opponents 92.6 to 77.8 down the stretch of March, a 14.8ppg difference.

March 30, 2013

The San Antonio Spurs sign Troy Murphy for the rest of the season with a $1.48m contract.

Murphy played in 59 games for the Lakers last year. He averaged 3.2ppg and 3.2rpg in 16.2mpg.

He will be available tomorrow against the Heat however it is speculated unlikely that Popovich will put him into the 12 man rotation.

Banned

Spurs get beat 89 - 73

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Spurs get beat 89 - 73
    Not quite what happened.

POTG: Tony Parker

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Miami Heat 103-99, handing the Heat their 10th road loss of the season.

The Spurs nearly choked away a lead that was once at 16 after the Heat went on several scoring runs, however the play of the Big Three (not Bosh, Wade, James) halted the Heat.

Tony Parker led the way with an astonishing 31 point 9 assist game on 12-16 shooting from the field.

"When the teams with the two best records meet up, you know it'll be a good game. I'm happy I was able to play the way I did down the stretch along with the rest of my team who I think did a great job." Parker said.

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade combined for 50 points, however Chris Bosh scoring just 6 points in 25 minutes on 2-5 shooting from the field was a hindrance for the Heat. Proving that although the Heat generate lots of points in the paint from drives, their lack of post-up game can be killer, especially against a team like the Spurs.

Greg Monroe had a quiet 6 points on 2-3 shooting from the field in 22 minutes, however the emphatic one handed dunk on the fastbreak with seconds left was the icing on the Spurs cake of victory.

Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan combined for 38 points, shooting 74% from the field to help anchor the win.

The Spurs winning streak extends to 8, and they will look to continue it against the Grizzles in Memphis tomorrow for their first game in the month of April.

Simulated the following games:

Spurs @ Grizzlies - W
    Spurs vs. Magic - W
    Spurs @ Thunder - L
    Spurs vs. Hawks - W

Will be playing the Nuggets game, then maybe the Lakers game. Otherwise, it's almost playoff time!

Updated the POTM/ROTM

I'll update team stats and league standings after the Nuggets game. Then I'll do it one more time before the playoffs begin.

If you're curious, the Spurs are set to face the 8th seed Clippers if the playoffs started today. Clippers are 37-40

April 7, 2013

The San Antonio Spurs have signed veteran small forward Maurice Evans for the remainder of the NBA season. He will debut for the team April 10, when the Spurs visit the Denver Nuggets.

Also, the Spurs will be resting Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili for the remainder of the season (5 games), citing a sore left knee for Ginobili, back sprain for Duncan, and a sore neck for Parker.