Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Utah Jazz @ Miami Heat Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    Not going to lie, honestly thought Wade was going to be god awful this season as I thought he was done based off the last 2 seasons but I've been dead wrong.
    Wade averaged 21\5\5\2\1 on 51% FG 2 years ago, he was a top 10 player in the regular season that year...

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Last two seasons 19 points 55% shooting, 21 points 52% shooting
    I don't care about the stats. Based off the eye-test, dude was garbage and his play was even worse in the postseason. This season, he actually can take people off the dribble and has his best mid-range game since 2009.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Wade has also missed a bunch of games so far too.

I don't care about the stats. Based off the eye-test, dude was garbage and his play was even worse in the postseason. This season, he actually can take people off the dribble and has his best mid-range game since 2009.
    Dude was only garbage in the postseason.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Dude was only garbage in the postseason.
    Garbage is an understatement. He had 1 good game out of 2 postseasons combined. And not just the postseason, when the offense was led by him in the regular season, shit would get ugly real quick. Everytime LeBron was on the bench and Wade had to lead the offense, we would blow leads/get into big deficits.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

How the hell did the Heat lose this game with Wade scoring 42 pts? I didn't see the game, but damn.

The Holy Trinity

Garbage is an understatement. He had 1 good game out of 2 postseasons combined. And not just the postseason, when the offense was led by him in the regular season, shit would get ugly real quick. Everytime LeBron was on the bench and Wade had to lead the offense, we would blow leads/get into big deficits.
    What are you talking about? The 27 game streak was in 2013, and Wade was better than LeBron during that run. That's when he got hurt, which was why he was bad during the playoffs.

But, one good game in two postseasons combined? He had three good games in the 2013 Finals alone (4, 5 and 7-- in Game 4 he shut the game down by himself). In 2014 (also playing hurt), he had at least three good games against the Pacers, plus 28 in the close-out game vs. the Nets. And this isn't a complete list by any means either.

I know you're a fan, so I'm gonna give you a pass on your faulty memory, but you need to be careful about getting sucked into prevailing popular narratives about Wade. I feel confident in saying that there has never been an athlete so disrespected relative to his ability level in, probably, history. Don't let it seep into your own perception.
    Last edited by jrong; 12-18-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    How the hell did the Heat lose this game with Wade scoring 42 pts? I didn't see the game, but damn.
    Wade 42 points. Second highest scorer for Heat, Chalmers with 11 on 3/13 shooting

Deng was alright too

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    What are you talking about? The 27 game streak was in 2009, and Wade was better than LeBron during that run. That's when he got hurt, which was why he was bad during the 2013 playoffs.

But, one good game in two postseasons combined? He had three good games in the 2013 Finals alone (4, 5 and 7). In 2014 (also playing hurt), he had at least three good games against the Pacers, plus 28 in the close-out game in the Nets.

I know you're a fan, so I'm gonna give you a pass on your faulty memory, but you need to be careful about getting sucked into prevailing popular narratives about Wade. I feel confident in saying that there has never been an athlete so disrespected relative to his ability level in, probably, history. Don't let it seep into your own perception.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    What are you talking about? The 27 game streak was in 2013, and Wade was better than LeBron during that run. That's when he got hurt, which was why he was bad during the playoffs.

But, one good game in two postseasons combined? He had three good games in the 2013 Finals alone (4, 5 and 7-- in Game 4 he shut the game down by himself). In 2014 (also playing hurt), he had at least three good games against the Pacers, plus 28 in the close-out game vs. the Nets. And this isn't a complete list by any means either.

He was garbage in every single series in the 2013 run until he finally had a good game in game 4 of the finals. I'm sorry but I hold Wade to a high regard and to his standards dude was pathetic in the postseason.

And just no at Wade being better than LeBron during that winning streak. Wade hasn't been better than LeBron since the 2011 Finals ended. And I am not disrespecting Wade. I have him as a firm top 25 player of all time with a top 12-15 peak of all time. If you're going to rank Wade as high as you do you better hold him to a higher standard.

At one point in the game the Heat had a lineup of Cole, Napier, Ennis, Williams, and Haslem. That's about as cringeworthy as it gets.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    At one point in the game the Heat had a lineup of Cole, Napier, Ennis, Williams, and Haslem. That's about as cringeworthy as it gets.
    That line up probably wouldn't win 7 games.

Banned

Wade taking a page out of Lebron's 2014 finals

thats my wade. putting up hughe numbers, when its irrelevant, in the weak east. like he did his wole career

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    thats my wade. putting up hughe numbers, when its irrelevant, in the weak east. like he did his wole career
    Yet he has better career numbers against the west and averages 24/5/5 in the "irrelevant" finals.