Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If Durant and Westbrook dont make tha 2nd round..

What do you think should happen next season with this team?

Will Durant and Westbrook ever make it far in tha playoffs on tha same team again?

Should it be Durant's team or westbrook's team from now on?

Will this 1st round exit lose their credibility on their legacy like other superstars
    who failed at this stage before and gets severly underrated real fast?

whats your thoughtz?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: If Durant and Westbrook dont make tha 2nd round..

Fire the idiot coach.

Get a real coach.

Add 1 more piece somehow...I'm still sure the Dallas pick (21st pick) and Perry Jones and maybe a future 2nd round nets you Afflalo.

Win multiple titles...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Fire the idiot coach.

Get a real coach.

Add 1 more piece somehow...I'm still sure the Dallas pick (21st pick) and Perry Jones and maybe a future 2nd round nets you Afflalo.

Win multiple titles...
    I agree, but they most definitely need that major piece to replace harden

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    I agree, but they most definitely need that major piece to replace harden
    They really don't. I promise you they don't.

This team is awesome...just look at this series. Durant and WB are playing like ass...and they could easily be up 3-2 right now against a very good Grizzlies team.

This team needs to get better at the sg position or the center position. And by better I mean a glorified role player...not a star. The last thing this team needs is another star type player.

They need an afflalo type sg...very solid all around player good without the ball in his hands and defends well guy.

They need that...not Harden.

Hire a coach that would bench Westbrook for chucking.

But I feel bad for Brooks, he's not the one on the court getting man handled by Tony Allen.

They really don't. I promise you they don't.

This team is awesome...just look at this series. Durant and WB are playing like ass...and they could easily be up 3-2 right now against a very good Grizzlies team.

This team needs to get better at the sg position or the center position. And by better I mean a glorified role player...not a star. The last thing this team needs is another star type player.

They need an afflalo type sg...very solid all around player good without the ball in his hands and defends well guy.

They need that...not Harden.
    Not really a star but yea just like you said an affalo type player who was tha best scorer on his magic team this past regular season that's very liable on scoring, defending and playing good team basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Harden being gone exposed their lack of an efficent playmaker.

Harden was the best distributor on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Not really a star but yea just like you said an affalo type player who was tha best scorer on his magic team this past regular season that's very liable on scoring, defending and playing good team basketball.
    Yea...that was the answer all year.

But Presti held on to that Dallas pick and it really might cost him getting out of the first round.

This game 6 has so many ramifications it's not even funny.

They lose this series and Brooks is gone and Presti looks like a moron.

They win, they probably make the finals again assuming that they would have broken free from this slump, and even if they lose...Brooks probably stays and Presti doesn't get hate for what was a terrible decision.

I'd be interested to know what Thunder fans would want...make the finals with Brooks or lose now and know he's gone in the off season.

Fire the idiot coach.

Get a real coach.

Win multiple titles...
    I agree, but there's no guarantee WB will get it together as a point guard under a real coach. He's just so out of control half the time, which sets the tone for the entire team.

I say if it doesn't work out with a good coach, trade WB at the trade deadline. If he remains healthy, they can get 2-3 good pieces for him. An actual guard like Rondo or Lowry and a good SG like Afflalo would be much better than having WB.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

But I thought if KD had Westbrook, thunder would've owned the grizzlies and been in the finals instead of the spurs.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

I don't think Westbrook and Durant are a great fit ultimately. When they're on, they're damn near unstoppable because each of them are such dynamic players.

Durant needs to play with a point guard more like Jason Kidd or Gary Payton. A guy who doesn't care about shots but will get up and play nasty D and set him up for plays... yet can still put up 15-20 ppg.

Westbrook needs to play with a good post player, somebody who likes to work below the free throw line, who's going to demand the ball and do something with it when he gets it. There aren't many of those guys left, but you could probably pair him up with Anthony Davis and they'd dominate for the next 8 years.

Two dominant offensive perimeter players rarely work out well. Even though they've won a couple championships now, you can still see it with Miami at times with Lebron and Wade. not nearly as much as early in their relationship, but Wade's also a more experienced player and not trying to prove himself like Durant and Westbrook are.

Talent doesn't win championships. Chemistry, Teamwork and coaching does. Talent helps, but at the end of the day, talent is just one piece of the puzzle.

OKC should remain Durant's team.

Westbrook will probably move on to another team.

Series is not over yet, I could see them wining the next two and getting themselves back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I agree, but there's no guarantee WB will get it together as a point guard under a real coach. He's just so out of control half the time, which sets the tone for the entire team.

I say if it doesn't work out with a good coach, trade WB at the trade deadline. If he remains healthy, they can get 2-3 good pieces for him. An actual guard like Rondo or Lowry and a good SG like Afflalo would be much better than having WB.
    It would depend on what you got back.

Because Rondo alone would make this Thunder team worse actually. They need WB to score and attack like he does because of how easily the rest of the Thunder, including Durant at times, are completely shut down.

WB is a good fit on this team in my opinion...they just need a better coach and a better sg or center....and also, they need KD to play like a star.

He really hasn't been at all dominant aside from a couple games against the Grizzlies in the playoffs over the last 2 years.

Hard to win if your star player isn't doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Hire a coach that would bench Westbrook for chucking.

But I feel bad for Brooks, he's not the one on the court getting man handled by Tony Allen.
    bench westbrook? or turn him into tha 6th man right?

Yea...that was the answer all year.

But Presti held on to that Dallas pick and it really might cost him getting out of the first round.

This game 6 has so many ramifications it's not even funny.

They lose this series and Brooks is gone and Presti looks like a moron.

They win, they probably make the finals again assuming that they would have broken free from this slump, and even if they lose...Brooks probably stays and Presti doesn't get hate for what was a terrible decision.

I'd be interested to know what Thunder fans would want...make the finals with Brooks or lose now and know he's gone in the off season.
    that's crazy. All depends on one game. Im rooting for tha thunder to come out of this funk but its looking real bleak right now on how they are getting man handled defensively by tha grizz. They need to figure out how to stop Tony Allen and figure out how to stop from being stopped by Tony Allen. He got Durant locked down.

Westbrook needs his own team. I'm tired of seeing him play with this bitch Durant.