Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

My heart says Anthony
    My head says Andre

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Default Re: Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

I picked Drummond from the start, before they entered college.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Davis. Drummond is a getting a bit overhyped for how raw of an offensive player he is right now. Are people watching him play or just his highlights?

But a large part of me thinks Drummond has more upside. Which is incredible because Davis has amazing upside.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Davis.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

give me drummond. the upside and ceiling is not even comparable. Davis will be a Camby like player, Drummond has the potential to be shaq lite

I like Drummond, but give me Davis. Underrated rookie season, and has all the tools to be a super-elite player in this league. I'll take defense over offense any day from a big (not that Drummond is poor on that end, he's pretty good, but he's not Davis).

That being said, Drummond's potential is miles ahead of Monroe. If the Pistons have to part with one of the two, it's a fairly obvious choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    I picked Drummond from the start, before they entered college.
    So did I, then I saw his disappointing year at UConn, so I changed my mind to Davis. Then I saw their rookie years......

....I think Drummond has the potential to be better, hell, he has more potential than nearly anyone in this league, but I don't see him reaching it. I think the Brow will end up being the better player. He had a pretty underrated rookie year and he's gonna be very good at his peak.

As of right now I think it's pretty obvious that Davis is much further along offensively, which gives him a significant edge going forward. Because of that, at this moment you have to lean towards Davis.

But I think Drummond has far more potential than Davis. I think Davis is much closer to his ceiling than most people tend to believe. I also think Drummond will be every bit as dominant defensively as Davis. Davis is a dominant finesse defensive big, like Camby or Chandler. Where as Drummond can be more like Duncan or Dwight defensively. I prefer the more physical brand of defense, I think it's more effective and more intimidating. I prefer Drummond's more physical style of defense and I think he will end up being the better man to man post defender because of it while being a similarly effective help defender. Preference aside, I can see these two fighting each other for DPOY's in the future.

They will always be very close in terms of impact defensively, the difference will be whether or not Drummond can reach his potential offensively and I believe he has a much higher ceiling than Davis on the offensive end. He's still very raw offensively so it's hard to tell whether he will reach his potential or not but if he does I definitely think he'll be the better player. But that is a pretty big if, so right now as I said, you have to lean towards Davis. Obviously as a Pistons fan I hope that Drummond reaches his potential and not only closes that gap but surpasses Davis.

Local High School Star

Give Drummond a few more years and we will be murdering his competition even if it is mainly due to his strength and athleticism, can't really say the same about Davis (well not on offense)

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    I think Davis is much closer to his ceiling than most people tend to believe.
    This is really stupid. Davis is not even close to his full potential. When he puts on strength he will be a much better player. Opposing bigs wouldn't be able to shove him around/back him down.

Per 36 his numbers are 16/10/2. Incredible for a weak, raw rookie.

Banned

davis. i dont see drummond breaking out as a star, while i think davis has the potential to do so.

Decent college freshman

It will be very interesting. Davis is more likely to reach his potential IMO, but Drummond has the higher ceiling. He can be Shaq, Davis can be KG. I love KG, but I want Shaq in the end.

I got flamed hard at the start of the season when I said Drummond would turn out to be the better player and that Drummond has a good chance to be ROY.

I still believe Drummond will be better.

Drummond! I believe he will be the best C in the league in the next couple years. I would build my team around him over AD anyday, lotta serviceable stretch 4's out there, Drummond has the potential to be a franchise true center. By no means am I saying AD is bad or average.