Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Reggie Jackson - Making some $$$

Reggie Jackson without KD and RW is averaging: 23 ppg, 4 rpg, 8 apg, 43% on 18.5 fga's per game since returning from injury.

What do you believe he's worth and does OKC match his contract?

Default Re: Reggie Jackson - Making some $$$

He's really not that valuable. Couldn't care less about an inconsistent 6ft PG with limited vision and bad outside shooting.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    He's really not that valuable. Couldn't care less about an inconsistent 6ft PG with limited vision and bad outside shooting.
    Yeah the Thunder don't need two of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    He's actually 6'3", not six foot tall.

Reggie has averaged nearly 8 assists per game, not bad for a guy that lacks vision, as you put it, and he shot 34% on three pointers last year. His outside still has room for improvement, yes, but he's also improved dramatically over the last two years.

He has done a good job since returning from injury since that initially bad performance against Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Reggie Jackson without KD and RW is averaging: 23 ppg, 4 rpg, 8 apg, 43% on 18.5 fga's per game since returning from injury.

What do you believe he's worth and does OKC match his contract?
    Honestly, he is worth more than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    He's actually 6'3", not six foot tall.

Reggie has averaged nearly 8 assists per game, not bad for a guy that lacks vision, as you out it, and he shot 34% on three pointers last year. His outside still has room for improvement, yes, but he's also improved dramatically over the last two years.
    He's also the only reason Durant wasn't back door swept in the first round last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    He's also the only reason Durant wasn't back door swept in the first round last season.
    His 32 point explosion on the road in Game 4 against Memphis saved them in that series. Of course, as most young players he can be inconsistent, but the talent is there.

Reggie is a good little player who's capitalizing on this opportunity to bloat his stock (rightfully so, as long as his play isn't detrimental to the team). That aside, I'm not sold on him being anything but a solid scoring option off the pine. If anyone spends starters money on him in the off season, I would question that investment. I'm curious to see what some GM's will appraise this dude for...

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Honestly, he is worth more than Kobe.
    More then Bran at this stage which is more telling then a 100 year old Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Reggie is a good little player who's capitalizing on this opportunity to bloat his stock (rightfully so, as long as his play isn't detrimental to the team). That aside, I'm not sold on him being anything but a solid scoring option off the pine. If anyone spends starters money on him in the off season, I would question that investment. I'm curious to see what some GM's will appraise this dude for...
    I would have placed Reggie Jackson's value before this off-season at about 8 million per year, maybe 10 million per year, at the most. But after seeing all these bloated contracts given out to average players this last off-season and now the new television revenue, I am not so sure about that anymore.

I could see his value creeping up to 13 or 14 million per season. It does sound crazy, but I think that is where the market will be.

OKC needs to get max value for him - ship him up to Minny for Kevin Martin

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Well most "solid scoring options off the pine" aren't 6'3 with elite athleticism and a 7'0 long wingspan. reggie has the tools to be a great starter. but he won't get to showcase it as much in okc. personally if I was him I'd stay in OKC as the sixth man competing for championships w/ the team that drafted him. yeah you get less money and some less stats but thats why guys like manu ginobli > jerry stackhouse.

Can't see okc paying him the money he wants

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Ginobli and Stackhouse are in different leagues talent wise. Harden and Ginobli would be a better comparison.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Ginobli and Stackhouse are in different leagues talent wise. Harden and Ginobli would be a better comparison.
    We're talking about good players here man.