Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yi or Noah?

Banned

Default Re: Yi or Noah?

Quote Originally Posted by aahhsin
    anything you say will no longer be taken seriously.
    Wanna bet on it, God?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Noah.
    because....

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
    Out of these two , who would end up being the better player, and who would make an immediate impact? I would say Yi will ultimately be a better player than Noah, but it'll take him 3 years to develop. And who would you pick out of the two for your team
    this reminds me of 2002... Yao or Amare... Yao is the choice back then and Rockets took him... but Amare turns out to be much better... i don't think Yi Jianlian is NBA-ready... he's too soft...

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    this reminds me of 2002... Yao or Amare... Yao is the choice back then and Rockets took him... but Amare turns out to be much better... i don't think Yi Jianlian is NBA-ready... he's too soft...
    Yao turned out to be better than amare, cant say the same for Yi, i have a feeling he might not be that good, Noah is probably the safer pick.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

How can anyone be sure what Jianlian will be like? I donubt anyone on this forum is an expert on whatever Chinese league he's coming from.

Yi due to more upside. I don't think Noah would do much more than block shots and rebound in the league. I don't see star in him, but I can see him being a nice consistent contributor. Noah is safer, but if you get some of what Yi has the potential to be, then you're in much better shape

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Yi due to more upside. I don't think Noah would do much more than block shots and rebound in the league. I don't see star in him, but I can see him being a nice consistent contributor. Noah is safer, but if you get some of what Yi has the potential to be, then you're in much better shape
    Some of what his potential would be is like Tim Thomas. I'll take a defensive maniac who gets boards, runs the floor well and can dish on offense over Tim Thomas any day.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

All I know is that he is going to look nice in our 3 forward lineup with Smoove and Marvin. Your 2009 NBA champs

Pg- Crittenton
    SG J. Johnson
    SF Marvin Williams
    PF Josh Smith
    PF/C Yi Jianlian

The quickest team in NBA history

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    How does this guy have more "upside?" No one knows a thing about him and he won't consent to working out against other players. There is nothing anyone has said about Yi Jianlian that has not been said about Nikolov Skitishvili. With so little data to go on I don't see how people can seriously predict anything about this guy.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How does this guy have more "upside?" No one knows a thing about him and he won't consent to working out against other players. There is nothing anyone has said about Yi Jianlian that has not been said about Nikolov Skitishvili. With so little data to go on I don't see how people can seriously predict anything about this guy.
    One thing that will help his draft stock is that he is very confident in himself, is sociable and is a hard worker.

Many times a scout will worry about a "potential" player from a different country because they can lose confidence quickly and never push themselves to be better or they can be a Chariev type and think the world is theirs without ever doing ****.

Jianlian is very confident, is "Americanized' in a sense and for a lack of a better term and knows he has to work very hard to tap into his potential. You can't groom these kinds of things into a player.

That's why Bargnani will be great too. He "knows" he'll be great and puts in the work to make it a reality. He's not a very social person, but isn't afraid of the attention either.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BlackMoses's Avatar

I'll take Noah in a heartbeat. Yi won't be a total bust; he'll be a solid rotation player. I could very well see Noah as one of the best role players in the game/minor star (similar to Josh Howard, Tayshaun Prince (obviously he's not a SF, but the same kind of contributor in different ways))

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoses
    I'll take Noah in a heartbeat. Yi won't be a total bust; he'll be a solid rotation player. I could very well see Noah as one of the best role players in the game/minor star (similar to Josh Howard, Tayshaun Prince (obviously he's not a SF, but the same kind of contributor in different ways))
    Noah is Anderson Varajao.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippos
    lets break it down

Noah has 2 nca titles- point?

Yi has a nike contract- point?

Yi has a good jump shot- No team is picking him based soley on his jumper.

Noah has a crapy one that can easily be blocked- Noah's shot is average, not crappy. His technique is what's crappy.

Yi is 7 feet tall and flexible like a guard- great for being a gymnast. Not going to matter much if he can't handle the ball or is fast enough to take advantage of his athleticism.

Noah is 6-10 with wild hair and legs like a deer- pointless once again.

Yi scored 25 points 10 rebounds- against 5 foot yellow people?

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per- on one of the most balanced teams in NCAA history.

YI loses.

I like Yi, don't get me wrong, but the reasons you gave where too vague and mostly stupid. Noah is and always will be better.
    Any rookie that has a nike contractract is gonna get the draft edge

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    Any rookie that has a nike contractract is gonna get the draft edge
    Was that a serious statement?