Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: dwyane wade vs jerry west

It's funny how he singles out Wade's 2013 playoffs when his career playoff numbers are 24/5/5/2/1 on good efficiency. Even last year while injured he had some big moments, particularly in the finals. He should have just included the word "agenda" in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Career wise? Without a doubt. As players? Wade would absolutely destroy West.
    West routinely torched the 6-4 (and taller) Walt Frazier, who was every bit as talented as Wade. I don't see him having any more problems with Wade.

1) MJ
    2) Kobe
    3) West
    4) Wade
    5) Drexler

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    West routinely torched the 6-4 (and taller) Walt Frazier, who was every bit as talented as Wade. I don't see him having any more problems with Wade.
    Come on, bro. Walt is great player and as far as West goes, he's better than Wade, when it comes to careers, but neither are as good as him. Comparing Walt to Wade is just an insult to Wade. Wade, over his 10 year career, averages 25 PPG. Significantly more than what Walt averaged his his highest PPG season.

Wade is an elite post and off-ball player. He's (prime-peak) extremely quick as well. One of the quickest 2-guards EVER and one of the best slashers the game has ever seen. The only thing that he doesn't have in his arsenal is a consistent 3pt shot.

Peak Wade was also one of the best help and man-to-man defenders at his position. I remember seeing his clutch defensive stats somewhere (will post them here if I find them), and dude was top 5 in the league. On par with the elite defensive centers and forwards. Much better than any other guard.

Come on, bro. Walt is great player and as far as West goes, he's better than Wade, when it comes to careers, but neither are as good as him. Comparing Walt to Wade is just an insult to Wade. Wade, over his 10 year career, averages 25 PPG. Significantly more than what Walt averaged his his highest PPG season.

Wade is an elite post and off-ball player. He's (prime-peak) extremely quick as well. One of the quickest 2-guards EVER and one of the best slashers the game has ever seen. The only thing that he doesn't have in his arsenal is a consistent 3pt shot.

Peak Wade was also one of the best help and man-to-man defenders at his position. I remember seeing his clutch defensive stats somewhere (will post them here if I find them), and dude was top 5 in the league. On par with the elite defensive centers and forwards. Much better than any other guard.
    Frazier was an ELITE defensive guard. One of the greatest ever. And he was probably taller, and longer, than Wade.

And West's scoring in both the regular season, and post-season, just blows Wade's away...and that's including his last couple of seasons. And his shooting, against league average, in both, was superior.

West was a superior shooter, as great a driver, a better passer, at least his equal defensively, and even more "clutch." I would take a prime West over a prime Wade any day of the week.

Frazier was an ELITE defensive guard. One of the greatest ever. And he was probably taller, and longer, than Wade.
    No doubt that Walt was elite defensively. The was a great player as I said previously. He is much smaller than Wade, when it comes to size. Wade was almost 235 last season. That's why he bullies smaller SF's in the paint.

And West's scoring in both the regular season, and post-season, just blows Wade's away...and that's including his last couple of seasons. And his shooting, against league average, in both, was superior.
    West took 3 shots and 1 FT more than Wade to average only 3 points more than Wade. West averaged a ridiculous number of FT's. People complain about Wade, Kobe, MJ, LeBron, etc. getting a tremendous amount of FT's, but Wade trumps them all.

West was a superior shooter, as great a driver, a better passer, at least his equal defensively, and even more "clutch." I would take a prime West over a prime Wade any day of the week.
    @ West being in the same universe, compared to Wade, when it comes to driving and defense. Have you actually seen West's videos? If people were to create Wade's highlight videos, he might just be considered a top 13 GOAT player. West in todays league would be abused so bad, they he'd quit and go to the EL after a week in the NBA.

People LOVE to talk about West's 40 PPG playoff run, but they forget that he took 31 shots and 14 FT's PER GAME. In the Plauoffs, he averaged 29 PPG on 23 shots and 10 FT's a game. Wade? 24 on 18 and 8? All this while playing against much better competition.

Don't forget that I'm not even bringing up the higher pace that players in the '60's played at.

College superstar

What the **** are you even talking about? Wade had one of the GOAT SG seasons in '09 and shot a higher percentage from the mid-range than LeBron EVER did. Wade's mid-range game fell off, after LeBron came to the Heat because Wade started playing more off-ball and in the post.
    ?

wade's highest percent from midrange is 44%. lebron's is 48%(2012).

idiot

[COLOR="Navy"]You seriously need to STFU and leave this thread. The above picture is LeBron's mid-range game from the '12 season.[/COLOR]

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    Dude, we've go like 10 posters in here calling you complete retard. Please, do yourself and us a favor by leaving and never returning.

Also:

College superstar

you posting that chart means what? just look at the links i posted. thats cold hard data. again: bron 48% from midrange. wade 44% from midrange.

smh at this low iq ape

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    you posting that chart means what? just look at the links i posted. thats cold hard data. again: bron 48% from midrange. wade 44% from midrange.

smh at this low iq ape
    I don't even know why I'm bothering with you. The picture I posted is from the official NBA website (nba.com) and it clearly shows LeBron's % from the mid-range during the '12 season.

Career wise? Without a doubt. As players? Wade would absolutely destroy West.
    You've got it backwards, West was out for blood every time he played, his competitive drive is up there with Bill Rusell, MJ etc.. that's why a white guy with a crude looking one-hand biased handle absolutely eviscerated every guard he ever went up against well into the 70's in an increasingly black and athletic NBA. West would destroy Wade 1 on 1 or 5 on 5 on competitive drive alone. Kobe understands, Kobe talks about Jordan and West like they're on the same tier of competitiveness, because they are, Wade isn't that level of competitor.

College superstar

I don't even know why I'm bothering with you. The picture I posted is from the official NBA website (nba.com) and it clearly shows LeBron's % from the mid-range during the '12 season.
    thats not midrange. 10-16 feet is. basketball ref and 82 games have been keeping track of this longer than the "nba website".

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    You've got it backwards, West was out for blood every time he played, his competitive drive is up there with Bill Rusell, MJ etc.. that's why a white guy with a crude looking one-hand biased handle absolutely eviscerated every guard he ever went up against well into the 70's in an increasingly black and athletic NBA. West would destroy Wade 1 on 1 or 5 on 5 on competitive drive alone. Kobe understands, Kobe talks about Jordan and West like they're on the same tier of competitiveness, because they are, Wade isn't that level of competitor.
    I would definitely take the guy who doesn't need to look at the ball while dribbling over a guy who does. Don't you have a 16 minute video of West's career highlights? I can make a similar video using only 2-3 games from Wade's career to show how great of a player he is. West's competition from the '60's and '70's pales in comparison to the competition that Wade faced. Peak West wouldn't have a chance against current Wade.

Wade, in his head-to-head's agains the 2nd best SG EVER and a top 10 GOAT, performed on par over better then him in their matchups. Wade would absolutely destroy West, to the point that West would quit in-between the game.

Have you ever seen Wade play? Stop being such a hipster ****** and try to deal with the fact that there are players today, who would destroy the players from the '60's.

@mehyaM24, STFU.