Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Wes & Carlos - 2014-15 season thread

These two cancerous lesions deserve their own thread me thinks.

Wesley Johnson:

G1: 7 points, 2 rebounds, 3-7 FG (42.9%), 23 min.
    G2: 9 points , 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 1 block, 2-7 FG (28.6%), 28 min.
    G3: 5 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 2-8 FG (25%) 30 min.

Season average so far:

7 points, 2.7 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.3 blocks, 0.3 turnovers, 32 FG%, 27 min.

Carlos Boozer:

G1: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 7-13 FG (54%), 28 min.
    G2: 4 points , 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 8 turnovers, 2-6 (33%), 23 min.
    G3: 9 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 3-9 FG (33%) 29 min.

Season average so far:

10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.3 blocks, 43 FG%, 3.3 turnovers, 27 min.

Default Re: Wes & Carlos - 2014-15 season thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Did you just put Carlos Boozer in the same sentence as Wesley Johnson? Cancerous? Disrespectful. Wes Johnson is barely a D-league player.. Booz is still very much serviceable. Awful thread.
    He whiffed a wideopen dime from Kobe that led to a Redick fastbreak which changed the tide of the game

They are on the same level when u consider Boozer is one of the worst defenders in basketball

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    He whiffed a wideopen dime from Kobe that led to a Redick fastbreak which changed the tide of the game

They are on the same level when u consider Boozer is one of the worst defenders in basketball
    This.

And more.

I still don't hate Carlos but Wes since I got to know him better because he's in LA longer, is already on my shhit list.

Boozer at least had a nice career and it's old now but Wes he just made me angry by the wasted potential. He could be a hell of a player. I want punch my monitor every time he chooses to fade back instead of jumping into the basket when he's right beneath the rim.

Boozer is terrible but it utterly blows my mind that Wesley Johnson is being PAID to play basketball.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

you see at the end of game 3 when lin's calling for boozer to go to the corner and boozer thinks he's talking in chinkenese or some shit and just stands there yelling and lin has to do a bailout contested 3 cause boozer couldnt follow a pgs directions. goddamn dude is garbage

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Wes Johnson straight pisses me off with his pathetic play.

Wes Johnson was such a high draft pick too

Wesley Johnson could've been special if he had any type of work ethic. He hasn't improved AT ALL since he came into the league. No ball-handling, below-average defense, no offense whatsoever. What a waste of talent, I honestly thought he would improve over last year so that he could actually justify his spot on the roster

"The Kobe effect"

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I'd take Wes on my team before Boozer. I'd take cancer before having Boozer on my team.

Boozer and Wes are equally awful right now...Booze can put up some points but he gives up twice as much on the other end..

Wes can play some good defense and make hustle plays, stay in front of his man and contest 3s, but on offense, he's a total liability and it allows other teams to sag off him and pressure Kobe/Lin more, which can really ruin the flow of our offense. He should not be taking catch-and-shoot 18-footers. He's better off camping the 3pt line and shooting 3s. He made a big one that kept our offense flowing in the 2nd half. He needs to be crafted into a real 3 & D player. He just needs to work on his shot and get more 3s during games...he's wide open man.

But Boozer is not going to get much better. He'll have some good games against other bad/medicore front courts, but that's maybe 20 out of 82 games.

Wes will be fine once Young comes back IMO.

Cali Love

I like Booz (on offense), he can make something happen in the high post whether it's a pinpoint pass to Davis or a quick 15ft fade away J... he can pick&pop with lin, make backdoor passes to wings, etc.

He's useful in half-court offense...but he sucks on defense doesn't have any lift or quickness to stay in front of his man Blake was manhandling him in the post yesterday.

He shouldn't be getting more than 25 min which was the initial plan but Randle's freak injury made BScott scrap those plans.

Wesley Johnson is the worst player in the NBA tho, plain and simple.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Wes Johnson straight pisses me off with his pathetic play.
    At least he's a decent defender. Boozer is getting paid 13.5 million while Wes makes under a million. It's really the Lakers fault for playing him because nobody would care if he didn't play.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    At least he's a decent defender.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWiF-o8Nls